What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just about finished with Collision Low Crossers by Nicholas Dawidoff. It follows the 2011 New York Jets. While I may hate the Jets, I'll be damned if it isn't making me love Rex Ryan.:lol

Got this for Christmas. About 20 pages in and it's very entertaining so far.

A1TzcxY6iBL.jpg

Had a query, it'll be great if I can get some ideas.

Have to gift a book to an avid GN reader, I thought of giving something 'unconventional', if I may say so (I haven't read either). Have to choose between the two below. I have read the reviews on amazon and goodreads but still, I thought of getting some perspective here.

Thanks for all the help!

solo_dlx_02.jpg
wednesday-comics-hardcover.jpg

9/11 The Ultimate Truth.

If you like conspiracy theories, this is bursting with info touching on a wide variety of subjects.
(A LOT more than I expected)

Digest at your own discretion.

I will say that the Pentagon strike is very compelling and does make you wonder...

Currently reading 'America: Empire of Liberty' by David Reynolds. Only about 20 pages in, and have only just covered Columbus' 'discovery' of the American Continent so far, but it's well written and damn interesting.

Going trough the Nikki Heat books by Richard Castle, I was pleasantly surprised the first entry was such a compelling read. Now I'm very inclined to collect the remaining books.

x6nz.jpg

Currently reading 'America: Empire of Liberty' by David Reynolds. Only about 20 pages in, and have only just covered Columbus' 'discovery' of the American Continent so far, but it's well written and damn interesting.

That looks interesting, I might check that out.

I read 1491 & 1493 by Charles Mann last year.

1491 - Pre-Columbian American history.
1493 - Everything after the "discovery" of America.

Both discuss all of the Americas but with a stronger emphasis on north America with lots of interesting info.

Got this for Christmas. About 20 pages in and it's very entertaining so far.

A1TzcxY6iBL.jpg

I don't even know what this is about, but I want it.

That looks interesting, I might check that out.

I read 1491 & 1493 by Charles Mann last year.

1491 - Pre-Columbian American history.
1493 - Everything after the "discovery" of America.

Both discuss all of the Americas but with a stronger emphasis on north America with lots of interesting info.

Yeah it's good so far. I studied American History at University briefly, but nowhere near in enough detail IMO. So I've kid of been picking up books and extra information here and there.

It's written by an English author, but he has lived in both England and America for the last 30 years, and taught US History at Cambridge University, so the information and insight seems very genuine and accurate so far.

Just started A Game of Thrones and I'm loving it so far.

Could not get into this at all, either by text or audio. Never grabbed me, and I made it about 100 pages in. That's more than enough time for me.

Picking my way through "The Stand" for the first time. Yeah, the first time. lol It's been quite entertaining.

Yeah it's good so far. I studied American History at University briefly, but nowhere near in enough detail IMO. So I've kid of been picking up books and extra information here and there.

It's written by an English author, but he has lived in both England and America for the last 30 years, and taught US History at Cambridge University, so the information and insight seems very genuine and accurate so far.

Always good to get an outside perspective, I'll try to pick this up sometime soon.

Picking my way through "The Stand" for the first time. Yeah, the first time. lol It's been quite entertaining.

That's still one of my favorite King novels. Always liked the RF character which is of course in the Dark Tower series, and I think in a couple others as well.

I've read a lot of Joe Hill - love Locke & Key (the comic). Just started NOS4A2 and I have to say it's like reading a Stephen King novel - he's almost indistinguishable from his dad now (and that's not a bad thing, just worthy of note).

I've read a lot of Joe Hill - love Locke & Key (the comic). Just started NOS4A2 and I have to say it's like reading a Stephen King novel - he's almost indistinguishable from his dad now (and that's not a bad thing, just worthy of note).

Enjoy it Dave! One of my favorite books from 2013!

All of his other novels and short stories are also great.

Back