What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished To Kill a Mockingbird last Saturday.
A great book. At first I wasn't sure what to think, but when I got into the story a bit more I just couldn't stop reading. I loved the chapters taking place in the court and everything that followed. Certainly a book that transfers many emotions, and makes you think.

I started reading Lord of the Flies yesterday. Just finished the first chapter, but so far I really like it. Can't wait to learn how the story develops!

Just got my copy of This Book is Full of Spiders by David Wong, sequel to John Dies at the End. So far it is living up to its predecessor.

Fudge, it's not....

I skimmed through the order page and for some reason I thought it was already available for Kindle.

My bad (sorry VASith)!

I don't feel so bad anymore having to wait :lol , but I apologize for the misinformation about it being available early for Kindle. :slap

It's all good, like waiting for Christmas day. tomorrow for me!

I'm currently reading The Passage for the first time now. Loving it so far. I'm a sucker for end-of-the-world novels.

Middle of the book is a little drawn out but you do learn all the characters very well by the time you get to the final 1/3 of the book which takes off and at least you don't have to wait for the second book for 2 years to continue the story....but you will for the 3rd book. :(

Tomorrow The Twelve!

Downloaded this over the weekend. The first part, "The Passage" was really good.

51rOIq1EYPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Middle of the book is a little drawn out but you do learn all the characters very well by the time you get to the final 1/3 of the book which takes off and at least you don't have to wait for the second book for 2 years to continue the story....but you will for the 3rd book. :(

Tomorrow The Twelve!

It is, but on subsequent reads it gets much better. The book is fantastic overall but the middle part is a hard read as you are introduced to different concepts/terminology.

Downloaded this over the weekend. The first part, "The Passage" was really good.

51rOIq1EYPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dammit Amazon, deliver it already! I may have to go to Barnes and Noble to get a copy and then return my Amazon copy!

Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy, so I went to Target and bought The Twelve; kind of telling that there were no copies on the shelf and I had to ask an employee to get some from the back. I'll just return the Amazon copy to Target.

I've been devouring it so far, up to Chapter 5 in about twenty minutes. I usually pace myself, as I like to take my time and enjoy books, but my GF is quickly finishing The Passage on my recommendation, and suffice it to say, she's hooked. I need to finish The Twelve before she finishes The Passage or she'll snatch the book from me. :lol

Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy, so I went to Target and bought The Twelve; kind of telling that there were no copies on the shelf and I had to ask an employee to get some from the back. I'll just return the Amazon copy to Target.

I've been devouring it so far, up to Chapter 5 in about twenty minutes. I usually pace myself, as I like to take my time and enjoy books, but my GF is quickly finishing The Passage on my recommendation, and suffice it to say, she's hooked. I need to finish The Twelve before she finishes The Passage or she'll snatch the book from me. :lol

I haven't started reading mine yet. Still need to finish this one off:

night_eternal.jpg

Just finished Part II of The Twelve. So good.

The Washington Post book critic that gave The Twelve an average review and using a bad pun, saying it "bites" has no idea what he's talking about.

Finished the The Twelve last night / early this morning (around 2:00 AM). Suffers somewhat from the "middle passage" (no pun intended) syndrome of a trilogy, but still a damn good and satisfying read.

just picked up 'The Road To Woodbury' from the Walking Dead books.

Probably start it later tonight..

I just finished Lord of the Flies last week.
I liked it, although I kept a feeling throughout the book that it could be more. I didn't like the ending at first, felt it was too anticlimactic, but when thinking about it more I could see the meaning of it and I now feel it's actually really good.
Overall a good read, but I'm not sure I'd read it again.

Currently I'm reading Gods of Mars, the second book about John Carter in Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series.
I'm enjoying it immensely. I really like these swashbuckling stories! :rock :rock :rock

About 60% through The Twelve now. Not bad so far. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the character though TBH. Lila was mentioned again and I had no idea who she was for a while. :lol I don't usually have that problem but...

bookfront.jpg

This thing is like 900 pages. I won't actually read a lot of it, because they cover a ridiculous amount of games, many of which I have zero interest in. But I'm reading all the games I played, or at least find interesting to read about. Very well done so far.

Almost finished with A Dance of Dragons ...trying to decide whether to start The Passage, The Strain by del Toro, or The Remaining next.

Anything to pass the next few months until A Memory of Light comes out.

If you start The Passage, you jump right into The Twelve after you finish, and then wait two years for The City of Mirrors like the rest of us. :lol

Back