What are you playing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Was kind of burnt out on the Tomb Raider series but gave this one a shot and it has won me over. Great reboot to the series. Had one little glitch where the floor of a cave wouldn't load or something so I just kept falling into an abyss multiple times. It fixed the next time I loaded the game, which is good, but I wish I saved a video of the fall.

Assassins creed: the ezio collection. Sold my ps3 copies a while back so its nice to replay these on my ps4.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I beat this once on PSP 6 years ago but didn't think much about it due to having a final term exam the next day, but now playing on the Wii for the first time it just hits me how much of an underrated gem this game might be. Most people didn't liked it due to having zero combat and the tedious mandatory chase scenes, but if you could overlook (or tolerate) that, you'll probably find a story that's really deep and thought provoking.

It's rare to see games with this level of attention to story anymore, I can't wait to beat it for the second time in 6 years!

I used to sit down and log significant hours with video games. Life changed, so did opportunity and interests. The last one I invested a lot in was Witcher3. I'm thinking about starting the last Arkham game but the last time I picked it up, I HATED the Batmobile/tank requirements to get through the game. So I've been casually looking for my next interest. Final Fantasy's latest didn't grab me...wasn't a fan of the monsters or lack of magic. I've played a little Battlefront and Overwatch here and there for fun.

I'm on the lookout for a Nintendo Classic to pick away at until Red Dead Redemption 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn grab my interest.

Do you mean the Gamecube component cable?

No, had those GC component cables once. Was saving up to get the XRGB-mini Framemeister, the best solution to play old games on original hardware without it looking like garbage on HDTV:

300px-Xrgb-mini-front.jpg

No, had those GC component cables once. Was saving up to get the XRGB-mini Framemeister, the best solution to play old games on original hardware without it looking like garbage on HDTV:

300px-Xrgb-mini-front.jpg
Holy crap that thing is expensive!

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Holy crap that thing is expensive!

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Yeah, I curse myself for wanting one. It's super pricey and it's been on the market for about 3 years now. Thing is, it upscales any low res image to 1080p with barely any lag and it will look as good as a CRT. There's just no way to play old consoles (even with component) on an HDTV without it looking like a blurry, smeary mess. With CRTs becoming super rare (and impractical) now, I was trying to save up for this since a lot of people swore it's a wise investment, if you treasure your old consoles.

Here's a review, if anything it's at least fun to watch. :lol

Sleeping dogs DE came out for free on the xboxone last month and although i already smashed that game a few years back, i have started playing again and realized why i loved it so much - the fighting! So much fun IMO and better than GTA V.

Got an excellent deal on an Xbox one S (lame, I know) and I am currently playing RDR after a LONG time. Game does look better than expected on the 4K TV, the system does a great job up-scaling it. It's not AK level of graphics, but it makes it so that it doesn't show that the game has aged horribly. Looks quite decent.

I'm appreciating this masterpiece like I didn't back then. Doing literally everything there is to do. Will replay the ME trilogy after this.

Got an excellent deal on an Xbox one S (lame, I know) and I am currently playing RDR after a LONG time. Game does look better than expected on the 4K TV, the system does a great job up-scaling it. It's not AK level of graphics, but it makes it so that it doesn't show that the game has aged horribly. Looks quite decent.

I'm appreciating this masterpiece like I didn't back then. Doing literally everything there is to do. Will replay the ME trilogy after this.

Can't wait for the sequel this year. I just started to play Witcher 3 again.

I am well behind the times with video games, but I picked up a PS3 to replace a wonky Blu Ray in my living room recently, and that has rekindled my interest in the system (my wife typically watches TV on the other one). I've been playing the heck out of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, HD Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and Street Fighter 4 on it. I just got Ultra Street Fighter IV yesterday, and love being able to control all the Final Fight guys. The return of the original SF2 bonus stages is also awesome. Few things are as rewarding as this move:

PuHbmME.jpg

Final Fight was one of my top 3 or 4 arcade games back in the day, and one I had to have on the SNES early on. So, it's nice that those characters aren't being forgotten by Capcom.

Back