What are the chances of a Hot Toys Nolan-verse Ra's Al Ghul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when everyone said that the 2011 Toy Fairs figure was from Begins and it was going to be Ra's himself. LIES! Turned out to be another dinky Begins Batman doll with broken ankles and a crappy suit.

I just hope if Hot Toys ever does get to Ra's and a traditional Gordon that they're not from TDKR. I don't want cheesy "flashback Ra's" or "bloated, scarf wearin' Gordon. I want these two,

batman-begins-7.jpg

Ra's+al+Ghul+Mask.jpg

gordon.jpg

TheDarkKnightJGordon.jpg

Last edited:
If I were in charge of these lines I definitely use the Batman Begins licensing to it's full advantage and make a Batman Begins two pack of League of Shadows Ninja Armor Ra's Al Ghul ("Ducard") and Bruce Wayne. Just throw in an extra suit with a simple cane and gas mask and call it a day.

That way, it'd be a cheap way to reuse the tooling for the plastic armor bits, clothes, accessories, etc. I'm sure it would be easy to give the Neeson True Type some extenders or something to make him taller.

Then do a traditional Gordon from either Begins or TDK as a regular MMS release, then I'd call it a day.

I agree wholeheartedly, DiFab, though, I'd take it one step further, and have the two pack include alternate ice battle costumes. That way, I could market Final Battle Ra's as a separate release, reuse the parts (sculpt, etc.) and make even more money (you hearing this, Hot Toys?).:lol

If I were in charge of these lines I definitely use the Batman Begins licensing to it's full advantage and make a Batman Begins two pack of League of Shadows Ninja Armor Ra's Al Ghul ("Ducard") and Bruce Wayne. Just throw in an extra suit with a simple cane and gas mask and call it a day.

That way, it'd be a cheap way to reuse the tooling for the plastic armor bits, clothes, accessories, etc. I'm sure it would be easy to give the Neeson True Type some extenders or something to make him taller.

Then do a traditional Gordon from either Begins or TDK as a regular MMS release, then I'd call it a day.
Agreed.. mostly. :lol

The DX Begins Batman needs to happen as well. :lecture

I have no Nolan Batman yet, & I want THAT to be it. :)

That would be really nice but I would be more interested in a DX two-pack - an improved Batman Begins suit + Bruce wayne on League of Shadow ninja armor or just maybe a Bruce Wayne on Kato suit. :rotfl

I think they can release a Ra's only figure and it would still sell very well. :wink1:

Agree with all of this. Would love the League of Shadows versions of Ra's and Bruce. Throwing in an extra suit for Ra's would be a nice touch too.

Gordon I'll take any version of personally. I already have the SWAT suit version which is definitely a cool figure and I'm glad I own it but would like a more traditional looking figure too. Although I'd be cool getting his Rises look too instead of just the Begins or The Dark Knight version.

Agreed.. mostly. :lol

The DX Begins Batman needs to happen as well. :lecture

I have no Nolan Batman yet, & I want THAT to be it. :)
A Begins Batman would be a nice figure to own too. I've already got the Rises version but would take the Begins suit as well to have both of his main looks from the films. I really like the 2011 Toy Fair Exclusive release with the first night gear but missed the boat on it and don't want to pay the inflated prices he goes for on eBay.

I'd also like a re-release of Harvey Dent/Two-Face hopefully done as a DX. Just because he's another one of those figures who seems impossible to get without paying ridiculous prices for. I'm eyeing the current release of the Scarecrow because he seems like a nice figure that's fairly easy to obtain. The price is a bit much considering it doesn't have a lot of accessories I consider him an essential character to own for my Nolan Batman collection.

Hell at this point Hot Toys basically has me at any Nolan Batman release. I'm such a sucker for the franchise. :lol

Last edited:
Ras should be made over Blake (nothing against him though). Not sure why we havn't seen him yet, HT has a really full plate is what I'm thinking.

Indeed, it's a bit annoying how HT hasn't made Ra's.

I'd think that the main reasoning they chose Blake is because of the following:

- Supporting character with an active role
- Loose interpretation of Robin
- It's JGL, a well-recognized and well-received actor who's hugely popular especially as of recent

Wouldn't this be an ideal SDCC release? Still seems more likely they'd release Blake first.

I agree. S.W.A.T Gordon was a surprise. I really hope this years Toy Fair Ex will be Ra's.

We haven't seen a two pack since Demon Bats and Scarecrow so hopefully they do one for Ra's like DiFabio mentioned.

They're just waiting until the last minute like they did with the DX13. The DX13 was considered a grail figure and so is Ra's, they'll wait until everyone gives up hope and then announce it

They will prolly wait till its the MMS 200 moment. Where are we now, 191 or 193? I remembered them teasing and making everyone guess whos the MMS 100 was during the good ol times.

Back