What are the chances of a Hot Toys Nolan-verse Ra's Al Ghul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to agree with you.. HT will go back and start filling in if it means sales and growth, plain and simple.. companies don't exist for long unless they do.

There will always be new lines, franchises, and movies on the cutting edge to exploit, which will sell more figures. They'll only ever go back and fill in blanks for really heavy-hitting, enduring characters that will sell really well - like the main Burton Batman characters or maybe Ra's. Visually-boring, supporting side characters don't fill that bill. They won't sell enough, especially compared to the opportunity cost of selling major characters from new movies.

If they can sell Alfred they will or any other character in the Batman universe.

They can't.

We are waiting on several characters from Batman to be fair. Lucius Fox, Alfred, Ras, Dr.Crane. I am sure they'll he working on something, once this year is out of the way, TDKR will have everything released then they can perhaps go back to BB? It'll be 10 years in 2015 since it was released....maybe they'll do something for that.

Aside from Ra's, these will never happen. If you want them, you're going to have to make or acquire customs.

isnt that what happened with the 1/6 Bat?

I don't know what you mean.

Doesn't really matter. I'm good.

DSC_0315.jpg

Your Ra's Al Ghul looks sick. You made that custom?

They can't.

Aside from Ra's, these will never happen. If you want them, you're going to have to make or acquire customs.
I don't see why people think Alfred or Lucius are so unlikely yet Hot Toys has made two characters from The Avengers (Coulson and Fury) who aren't exactly main characters but apparently Hot Toys has enough faith that they'll sell. Alfred and Lucius were a fairly big part of The Dark Knight Trilogy that I think they'd sell.

I don't see why people think Alfred or Lucius are so unlikely yet Hot Toys has made two characters from The Avengers (Coulson and Fury) who aren't exactly main characters but apparently Hot Toys has enough faith that they'll sell. Alfred and Lucius were a fairly big part of The Dark Knight Trilogy that I think they'd sell.

Yeah but they're (elderly) men of words much more than action, unlike Sam Jackson's Nick Fury who combines words and action and generally has much more of a toyetic image. Coulson is a tough one to justify though...other than him using that plasma gun on Loki....

I'm not saying Alfred and Fox shouldn't happen, just looking at the reasons why they won't....just like my wants of T2 John Connor and T1 Sarah Connor.

Personally, I think it is unlikely Hot Toys will do Alfred and Lucius because they would be very... "bland" figures in most people's eyes. Not to bash on them, but they are men in their what 60's or 70's with regular suits...not the most appealing figure to look at as opposed to Nick Fury.

Its not as if Coulson is any less bland. He's just a guy in a suit and had about equal or maybe less screen time than Alfred or Lucius.

I think if they were together in a two pack or something or maybe limited numbers like the Toy Fair exclusives they'd sell maybe.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it is unlikely Hot Toys will do Alfred and Lucius because they would be very... "bland" figures in most people's eyes. Not to bash on them, but they are men in their what 60's or 70's with regular suits...not the most appealing figure to look at as opposed to Nick Fury.
''

Alfred & Lucius' film franchise is behind them. I doubt Coulson will not be seen again on TV/Movies so he is a figure with a future.

Its not as if Coulson is any less bland. He's just a guy in a suit and had about equal or maybe less screen time than Alfred or Lucius.

I think if they were together in a two pack or something or maybe limited numbers like the Toy Fair exclusives they'd sell maybe.

Yeah, I agree Coulson is a bland character, but he does have some accessories that come with his character at least (Destroyer Gun for example)...I guess Alfred can come with his butler tray with some tea?? LOL!

Yeah, I agree Coulson is a bland character, but he does have some accessories that come with his character at least (Destroyer Gun for example)...I guess Alfred can come with his butler tray with some tea?? LOL!

Easy. Alfred can come with a bag of golf clubs, or even just one (for knocking out phony members of the fire brigade), spare hands with-driving gloves on them, newspaper, tux and cardigan outfits, and crying "I failed you" headsculpt.

Lucius can come with any combination of Batman's prototype gear from BB or TDK, blueprints, a computer console, and an assortment of bowties. ;)

In the interest of dreaming a little bigger (dreaming being the operative word) Lucius could come with a 1/6 scale Fusion Energy Project / Bomb gantry. And Alfred, with a 1/6 Rolls, if you like.

Just bring it back with a full tank.

Have you read something about a batman begins dx?? Or is this just your gut feeling?

Nah, Im just talking ****. :lol

But seriously I'm almost positive they'll give the BB suit the DX treatment. And I hope they do. The BB figures have never fully satisfied. Mainly due to the head sculpt.

But HT will blunder it again by giving him googly eyes.

Alfred needs a ruby the size of a tangerine and a bottle of Fernet Branca! :)

I ordered the Ninja Shadows suit Ras and made a custom mansion Ras.
I dont expect an official release anymore.

I'd chalk up Coulson's popularity to the general enthusiasm from the cast and the fans. It's not just about screentime and looks, it's how easily the character appeals to the masses as well. He started out as a by-the-book persistent agent, elevated to having a more deadpan attitude that can actually match up to Stark with very little words, and finally given a more dorky-comedy role coupled with a heart-warming moment that many idealistic fans can easily relate to in Avengers. The point was that he WAS the guy in the suit, yet the more you got to know him, the more amusing and likable he turned out to be, and a lot of people remember him exactly as that.

With all those aforementioned points, it doesn't surprise me why HT even bothered to make Coulson considering how much momentum they gained from the Avengers lineup and at the rate they're going, it was the best time to take the opportunity to make a figure of such a character.

Alfred and Lucious? They were brilliant actors, even arguably having more significant roles than Coulson ever did, but they're not exactly the first thing that comes into mind when you want to make action figures to get everybody excited about. I'd say, put them in a two-pack, and they'd definitely have a bigger appeal, otherwise I just don't see it happening at all.

I'd chalk up Coulson's popularity to the general enthusiasm from the cast and the fans. It's not just about screentime and looks, it's how easily the character appeals to the masses as well. He started out as a by-the-book persistent agent, elevated to having a more deadpan attitude that can actually match up to Stark with very little words, and finally given a more dorky-comedy role coupled with a heart-warming moment that many idealistic fans can easily relate to in Avengers. The point was that he WAS the guy in the suit, yet the more you got to know him, the more amusing and likable he turned out to be, and a lot of people remember him exactly as that.

With all those aforementioned points, it doesn't surprise me why HT even bothered to make Coulson considering how much momentum they gained from the Avengers lineup and at the rate they're going, it was the best time to take the opportunity to make a figure of such a character.

Alfred and Lucious? They were brilliant actors, even arguably having more significant roles than Coulson ever did, but they're not exactly the first thing that comes into mind when you want to make action figures to get everybody excited about. I'd say, put them in a two-pack, and they'd definitely have a bigger appeal, otherwise I just don't see it happening at all.
Well said. Plus, they're giving Coulson his own TV show on ABC.

What you don't understand is the underground, cult fan appeal that Fury and Coulson have. They're not major characters, but like an unpredictable internet meme, they've tapped into the fan consciousness and achieved an unexpected level of popularity. (In addition, Fury has a level of visual flashiness that the others do not have).

Alfred and Fox may have good actors and well-written parts, but they don't have short films devoted to them the way Coulson has. And the reason Coulson has that is because Marvel recognized the unexpected popularity Coulson has and took advantage of that.

Similarly, Hot Toys recognizes the same and is taking advantage of it as well.

Why are they so much more popular than other supporting characters? I don't know that anyone can tell you the reason, but the fact remains that they are, which is why an action figure for them makes more sense (from a business perspective) than for Fox and Alfred.

I don't think you guys understand the point of a 2-pack.

The purpose isn't to take two, relatively unpopular figures, package them together, and suddenly they're more popular. Such a product would actually tank much harder than selling them individually.

The purpose of a 2-pack is to take one relatively unpopular figure and piggyback it on another, much more popular figure.

The Nolan line has had one such 2-pack, Bat-Demon/Scarecrow.

Scarecrow was a relatively popular figure, demanded by people who wanted the villains from "Batman Begins" and a good rogues gallery for Batman. But almost no one wanted a Bat-Demon, and certainly not enough to justify a normal release.

The 2-pack was a brilliant business move for Hot Toys, though - sell almost twice as many total units, including a cheaply-produced Bat-Demon, by packaging them together.

Some people who otherwise may have bought an individual Scarecrow may not have bought the 2-pack, but a hell of a lot more people bought the 2-pack than the number of people who would have bought a standalone Bat-Demon. So by selling a few less Scarecrows, but a LOT MORE Bat-Demons than otherwise, the 2-pack probably ended up almost doubling Hot Toys' potential income on those two figures.

Now while a few people might buy an Alfred, or a Lucius, neither would be enough to justify a standalone release, and so piggybacking wouldn't only fail, it would actually backfire.

Back