What are some of Hot Toys biggest flops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO @ Harvey Dent being a flop. Sure some people may have gotten good deals on aging stock but try to pick one up on eBay today and you better have at least $500 to spend.

LMAO @ Harvey Dent being a flop. Sure some people may have gotten good deals on aging stock but try to pick one up on eBay today and you better have at least $500 to spend.

I sold mine too soon, almost gave him away. After that he was suddenly in big demand for some reason.

Many figures that are considered flops are only that because the secondary "supporting" figure to the line was never produced! There should be another thread called Hot Toys "have ass" produced figures. With that list we can place Bruce Banner, Ichobod Crane, Commando, to somewhat of a lighter degree BD T1 Terminator.

I wouldn't mind seeing such a thread. I presume you mean ''half-assed'' though :lol BD T1 Terminator would go on that list for me. Compared to DX13 it's an inferior release.

edit - also, since when can we say ''ass'' without censorship on here? I like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing such a thread. I presume you mean ''half-assed'' though :lol BD T1 Terminator would go on that list for me. Compared to DX13 it's an inferior release.

edit - also, since when can we say ''ass'' without censorship on here? I like this.

Seems like the mods are not going to crack down on that word :moon:lol

Many figures that are considered flops are only that because the secondary "supporting" figure to the line was never produced! There should be another thread called Hot Toys "half ass" produced figures...

Agreed wholeheartedly.

It's a travesty to not complete an obvious set, such as the "Platoon" figures. I'm willing to bet that if Elias had been released, that set of 3 figures would have sold out immediately and be grails today.

I would've gotten a Neytiri figure.

Yeah, it doesnt matter that Jake was the lead, no one gives a damn about that character, she was always the one they should have gone with first.

Angelica and the Asian Sucker Punch chic come to mind first as far as flops. Those two are everywhere.

Not sure Maleficent is a flop though, shes still full price where you can find her and i know a few collectors who own one too so she had some form of popularity i think.

Forgot Star spangled Captain America. SSC was giving that disaster away for a long time.

Another CA dollie that hung around for seemingly forever was Rescue Version. Not sure if Strike Suit is still around but I'm guessing it is since AOU creams it and released right behind it.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

It's a travesty to not complete an obvious set, such as the "Platoon" figures. I'm willing to bet that if Elias had been released, that set of 3 figures would have sold out immediately and be grails today.

Yeah, I'm still pretty miffed about HT not giving us Elias. I still got the two figs they released, an Elias in the middle would of looked sweet. I thought they did a great job on Taylor & Barnes to. Oh well. :gah:

This. Exactly this. I ended up having to kitbash one because the real thing is way too expensive. And the Two Face head sculpt is one of the best likenesses I've ever seen (Harvey didn't look hot, yes, but that Face head is incredible).

Yeah, I'm still pretty miffed about HT not giving us Elias. I still got the two figs they released, an Elias in the middle would of looked sweet. I thought they did a great job on Taylor & Barnes to. Oh well. :gah:

Elias in his final scene is one of the most memorable images in cinema, and would be a great display.

Yeah I got the Crow fig and I really like it.
I see the Iron Man stuff sells really well, as we keep getting Iron Man figures announced all the time. :gah:

I just received my very first Iron Man a couple of weeks ago, and I can see why they are so popular. I have had six Hot Toys and my Iron Man is one of my top two (the other is Star Lord). My Iron Man is the 43 from Age of Ultron, and it's pretty incredible. A lot of thought clearly went into making the figure highly poseable while maintaining a "heavy", large presence.

Iron man is the figure that Hot toys puts there heart and soul into. If I had to choose a flop I'd say jake sully warpaint version. Major missed opportunity for that line. At the height of its popularity they kept teasing and teasing it and a year later they come up with that. People wanted neytiri but for some reason they choose jake warpaint version which nobody liked. Aw well.

He was the lead. Kind of hard not to start with that.

This one might go the route of Harvey D when the avatar sequels come out and HT won't make any more figures.

He was the lead. Kind of hard not to start with that.

This one might go the route of Harvey D when the avatar sequels come out and HT won't make any more figures.

I think it's entirely possible HT will make a Neytiri figure at that point.. in which case the Jake figure will probably be back on everyone's want list.

Back