What are some of Hot Toys biggest flops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, Captain America wasn't s'pose to sell out! I still need him. How can that keep selling when everyone, oh wait, I get it, no one wanted the other versions... and you Avengers completists, you! Have TFA, and been biding my time to upgrade him.

I've never gotten a free 1/6 figure as a pack-in... but I've won a number of things from Sideshow over the years. 2 biiggest would have been an Elvis Premium Format and a set of the HT Mars Attacks figures. The only freebie I can recall getting unexpectedly was one of the Monster University Hot Toys figures.

Say what you will about Sideshow, but no denying they give away quite a lot of stuff to fans.

1.Tonto.... crap.
2. Mandarin, which is probably one of HT's best headsculpts is...after 18 months(?), still available!
3. Avatar took 2.75 years to sellout!
4. Bruce Banner
5. BOTH Casual Bruce Lees
6. BOTH Chitari Soldiers suck A..
7. And......... I want to put Tonto down again.

Going back a bit, I think The Comedian fig was a bit of a shelf warmer & it had the oozing rubber problem, Fairly sort after now though. One line that I curse for being a flop was Platoon, great figs but no interest :gah:

Would you say BD T1 is a flop? Be honest I think our expectation would have been that he would be long gone by now. Price is reasonable. It's not like $330 Robocop.

4. Bruce Banner

If they scrapped the head and clothes and just sold the body they'd be sold out in no time... :ohbfrank:

Would you say BD T1 is a flop? Be honest I think our expectation would have been that he would be long gone by now. Price is reasonable. It's not like $330 Robocop.

Slow selling perhaps. If he doesn't sell out with Spook codes etc then maybe he can be classified as such :(

Tonto and The Bat

Tonto- great figure but zero interest because no Ranger and movie flopped

The Bat- great subject ....horrendous execution at laughable price

Back