WGP's: "Star Warriors" thead- New ANH Han V.2 revealed!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's: "Star Warriors" thead- Han is being retired as of Dec 1st

From Small Studios thread-
WGP Princess Leia :)

2nunegx.png

2zh4f1h.png

2wqwmrs.png

Re: WGP's: "Star Warriors" thead- painted Bunhead by Small Studios!

:thud: :drool So lifelike...

From Small Studios thread-
WGP Princess Leia :)

2nunegx.png

2zh4f1h.png

2wqwmrs.png

It's a nice sculpt however I do have some thoughts, the skin tone is a bit pale that might be due to flash but a shade darker could help a bit, but her lips are a cool red and glossy not what ever this red is that's presented here. Also, the paint line where it meets the buns looks a bit off like he may have missed the blending a bit.

Painter's feel free to chim in if I'm wrong but it does look disconnected from face. eyes are a bit cockeyed not sure if that's sculpt or fisher's own issues in features of her own head or painter's missing the mark( I don't think so). the eye makeup could me alittle heavier to allude to eyelashes and leia's raccoon eyes that was popular in the 70's. Hair seems cartoony don't know why or how to place my finger on it.

I thought it be best if it came from me before the Piranha's pick away at it

I'm sure other painters will pick her up and show there rendition and maybe she will look a little less babe in the woods.

Princess-Leia-1.jpg

Last edited:

Personally I think it looks amazing, there is always a touch of Josh in whatever he paints (and so there should be) it's his trade mark. I love the paint job and I know that once we put her on a body and take some promo pic - like catwoman, she will really shine!!

Maybe in the right lighting and background it might look better I'm only pointing out what I see and she does look alittle star wars the animated series.

1312887_o.gif

It's a nice sculpt however I do have some thoughts, the skin tone is a bit pale that might be due to flash but a shade darker could help a bit, but her lips are a cool red and glossy not what ever this red is that's presented here. Also, the paint line where it meets the buns looks a bit off like he may have missed the blending a bit.

Painter's feel free to chim in if I'm wrong but it does look disconnected from face. eyes are a bit cockeyed not sure if that's sculpt or fisher's own issues in features of her own head or painter's missing the mark( I don't think so). the eye makeup could me alittle heavier to allude to eyelashes and leia's raccoon eyes that was popular in the 70's. Hair seems cartoony don't know why or how to place my finger on it.

I thought it be best if it came from me before the Piranha's pick away at it

I'm sure other painters will pick her up and show there rendition and maybe she will look a little less babe in the woods.

Princess-Leia-1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. You may want to look up more reference pictures before commenting though. Here are the reference shots I used. As you can see she looks different in each picture shown below. If I was going for that specific screne still you posted above then the paint would have matched it. I went for a more happy medium between all the reference shots used.
28hhqmw.jpg

2duxt3b.jpg

2e49945.jpg

1yk0g6.jpg

I think it looks solid. I dig that you and Ski were able to get two completely different emotions out of the exact same sculpt.

the other princess leia was snyderman's mando but i can totally get confusion.

Anyone have one of the Han Solo sculpts (preferably painted)? PM me! Thanks!

Still working on this bash, but here is WGP's fantastic Leia painted by Small Studios and wearing Scottyb's custom dress. Sculpt is dead on and head size is perfect. Apologies for the iphone pics but my Nikon took a powder so gotta get a new SLR soon because I hate camera phones for this type of thing.

axhclg.jpg

2s0lfo3.jpg

b3oc3b.jpg

Still working on this bash, but here is WGP's fantastic Leia painted by Small Studios and wearing Scottyb's custom dress. Sculpt is dead on and head size is perfect. Apologies for the iphone pics but my Nikon took a powder so gotta get a new SLR soon because I hate camera phones for this type of thing.

axhclg.jpg

2s0lfo3.jpg

b3oc3b.jpg

That turned out very nice! Thanks for posting something, even if your Nikon is dead!!!!

Great job on this Rick and Sean. Leia really looks like a miniature Carrie Fisher moreso than any other pieces I've seen, even SS's PF. Sculpt does a nice job of capturing her youthful innocence from the first movie (which is why I'm hoping to see you guys take on Ep IV Luke soon).
I've got a couple of point and shoots around here somewhere so will see if I can get some better shots. Nikon held on for years. I'm going with a Canon next time.

Back