Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- Matt Smith a go! Vote on your fav expressions!

Any updates on the Matt Smith sculpt? :)

Not yet. Sean had started him early before because he was excited, but had 5 sculpts he was actually supposed to have finished first before he actually got to him, so he had been finishing those up as we have been getting back on schedule. He actually has most of those done now so is getting near the point he can get back and finish him. Again, once the face is done we will show him and let you guys vote on the hair styles you want and see if we can't just do both. :)

You guys still planning on possibly doing an Amy Pond head? I'm still hearing nothing in regards to that second Big Chief Amy sculpt since the first one turned out so...special.

A lot has been happening here behind the scenes here at WGP in regards to our sculpting plans for the rest of this year/next year. Our biggest studio decision has been not to even hint at dates anymore since outside work can throw our personal planned schedules to hell no matter how well meaning we were, and outside forces like seamstresses and modelers we work with also screw ETAs up beyond our control.

Case in point, wanting to have Matt and Amy out in time for season 7b, and Matt said he was sticking around for another year. We not only missed that window, now Matt announced he was leaving and just lied in the earlier press announcement about staying to throw us off.
We have no idea how that may have deflated peoples enthusiasm towards wanting a Matt from us, but it definitely deflated my interest as a fan for him and I love Matt Smith.

And now Big Chief does have that very nice second Amy head coming out to people who buy their Amy figure. Since they tie in together, it's up in the air at the moment. Matt is 80% done so will show up at some point. Amy was barely started and there is less of as need to make one now.

A few months ago we at WGP were very behind on our planned 2013 heads and I was basically given a choice for the end of 2013 because we only had a few sculpting slots available: we could either go ahead and truck on the Nu Who heads or go ahead and focus on tying in our early Fourth Doctor era classics stuff to time them for release with the Big Chief Fourth Doctor to release our classic figures/heads in tandem with that (including alternate Fourth Doctor heads).

Because so many early Fourth Doctor things had already been in the works, going the early Fourth Doctor route seemed the smarter way to go for us and would certainly bring us the most attention and interest to our Who line which will either keep it going strong making it a huge launch, or it will just end it there.

By the same taken, though we won't be able to have alternate Tennant heads out before the figures release, we hope to turn any Baker WGP tangent item release attention towards other BC tangent releases, like Tennant related things (alternate heads, Jack), Hartnell related things (Susan?), as long as we see the attention and fanbase for something is there.

Make sure you are vocal in what you want so we hear you.

Re: Wgp- nu-doctor who

Can I be on the list for David Tennant sculpt please? Thanks :)

I'm definitely in for a Tennant (prefer the 3rd picture you have, but might take the alternates as well).

I'd also be interested in a Rose with sculpted hair.

Depending on how it comes out, I'd be interested in a Eccleston as well.

Are you going to do the Smith sculpt?

WGP needs 16 people to sign up and then the head gets added work schedule.

Thanks! Basically. Here is the update from a few days ago on Matt-

A lot has been happening here behind the scenes here at WGP in regards to our sculpting plans for the rest of this year/next year. Our biggest studio decision has been not to even hint at dates anymore since outside work can throw our personal planned schedules to hell no matter how well meaning we were, and outside forces like seamstresses and modelers we work with also screw ETAs up beyond our control.

Case in point, wanting to have Matt and Amy out in time for season 7b, and Matt said he was sticking around for another year. We not only missed that window, now Matt announced he was leaving and just lied in the earlier press announcement about staying to throw us off.
We have no idea how that may have deflated peoples enthusiasm towards wanting a Matt from us, but it definitely deflated my interest as a fan for him and I love Matt Smith.

And now Big Chief does have that very nice second Amy head coming out to people who buy their Amy figure. Since they tie in together, it's up in the air at the moment. Matt is 80% done so will show up at some point. Amy was barely started and there is less of as need to make one now.

A few months ago we at WGP were very behind on our planned 2013 heads and I was basically given a choice for the end of 2013 because we only had a few sculpting slots available: we could either go ahead and truck on the Nu Who heads or go ahead and focus on tying in our early Fourth Doctor era classics stuff to time them for release with the Big Chief Fourth Doctor to release our classic figures/heads in tandem with that (including alternate Fourth Doctor heads).

Because so many early Fourth Doctor things had already been in the works, going the early Fourth Doctor route seemed the smarter way to go for us and would certainly bring us the most attention and interest to our Who line which will either keep it going strong making it a huge launch, or it will just end it there.

By the same taken, though we won't be able to have alternate Tennant heads out before the figures release, we hope to turn any Baker WGP tangent item release attention towards other BC tangent releases, like Tennant related things (alternate heads, Jack), Hartnell related things (Susan?), as long as we see the attention and fanbase for something is there.

Make sure you are vocal in what you want so we hear you.

Hi wgp i sent to you a couple of pms already plz check later.

Im interested in 10th and 9th and if you guys make a sonic screwdriver 2 since they both used the same.

Considering that the alternate Amy head offered by BC turned out to be pretty awful, I'm still interested in Amy.

I'm also still interested in 10 and 11.

Considering that the alternate Amy head offered by BC turned out to be pretty awful, I'm still interested in Amy.

I'm also still interested in 10 and 11.

The problem with Amy was never the rooted hair - it was an excuse used by male collector who are insecure of collecting figures with rooted hair. It was the quality of the paint app itself. Sure the likeness isn't all that there to begin with (ppl complained that the prototype with the awesome paint had issues), but the paint application is what helps improve the look of the sculpt.

I think there is discussion in the Amy thread about getting a sculptor doing an Amy Pond head. Other than that, I am certain Hot Toys will do a Karen Gilian headsculpt for the Guardians of the Galaxy line.

What I find funny is that ppl complained that the 12 inch Character Option figures have better sculpt despite vote CO and BC uses the same sculpting company for their Doctor Who toys.

Last edited:
Back