Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- Matt Smith a go! Vote on your fav expressions!

Are we doing Rory?

The written-in interest says no (laugh). I don't know if Rory is popular enough for people to want to pay $60 for his head.

Are we doing a 1/6 scale TARDIS?

We get asked about that a lot, and about us possibly making 1:6 Daleks. The short answer is that we could, but for us to make it would be so expensive you are better off hoping Big Chief will make them, because being a company using factories they could make them and sell them so much cheaper than we could being just a small studio on a hobby forum whos casters make things on weekends one by one. We are blessed someone has the license so that both are not only a possibility, but that both have actually been mentioned as part of their future plans (though I haven't heard any talk of the Tardis for a long while.)

I *think* a TARDIS by WGP would likely cost $500+ just because of the resin involved and would not even be electronic (though we could leave room in it for people to do that themselves). But it would be sturdy as hell and gorgeous! Right now we are just thrilled to have K-9 about ready for release. That's a huge victory for me because that has been in development hell for so long. Our next lofty goal after him is releasing army builders (classic) baddies.

I would say anyone interested in a WGP TARDIS should write in and express interest, but I am afraid if the project went forward an official one would be announced during the 6 months it might take us to produce it and then we'd be boned.

Amy will look brilliant im sure, have you decided on an expression?

We are discussing that. Here is a collage of expressions I sent Sean.

The top three are really the main contenders as the bottom row is pretty much the Big Chief look. I like #1 because while I hate figures of companions smiling (they are being attacked, dammit! Look like it!) this is just a small smirk and it shows the fun side to her personality. #2 is a great serious look. #3 is also a good serious look. (I am so making Pirate Amy!)

Sean has started Matt already and is looking good! I won't show pics till he's farther along, but he's been dying to sculpt both Matt and Amy and it shows. :)

I like the 3rd option for 11 because depending on the story it can be either melancholic or just a smile. Oh and if the list for ten isn't closed i'd like a smilling sculpt and maybe a serious too, depends on the price (with the same hairstyle the upcoming big chief fig has).I;m making some stop motion so many different expressions would be needed in order to create a believable movie.

Definitely taking expression suggestions. If we make Tennant heads, who I agree can have lots of expressions, at least one should be the mohawk (but your votes decide this). I also want to throw out that once we make a characters sculpt we can be hired custom make him with whatever hair or expressions you specifically want pretty cheaply because the main likeness is already made. We really like offering expressions and ideally think it's nice to be able to switch expressions around.

It looks like we're getting a semi-serious, quirked eyebrow sculpt on the BC Ten. I'd love to swap that head for a sad!expression Ten. The Tenth Doctor always seemed angsty to me.

Yes, He was the Emo-est Doctor of all (laugh). I will write all of these these preferences down the front page later. :)

Last edited:

I like her slight smirk in #1.

Poor Rory. I really liked him!

On the Amy. I've got to go with number 3. No hat of course. Lol. The only thing I ask on these is you add back in her pock marks and flaws that Big Chief had to take out to get approved. It sounds like they had gone through hades with her agent because the initial sculpt was to accurate. Since Sean had worked on that one, couldn't he just modify the digital rendering back to the original sculpt submitted? That would get a different head than Big Chief and get a little different look. By the way, and I know you don't want to reveal the sculpt wip yet, which picture of the 11th Doctor did you decide to go with? I can't wait on both of these and then, Clara Oswin Oswald. She's awesome. Latest episode was the best of the season and gives s good idea of the type of companion she'll be.

Last edited:

On the Amy. I've got to go with number 3. No hat of course. Lol. The only thing I ask on these is you add back in her pock marks and flaws that Big Chief had to take out to get approved. It sounds like they had gone through hades with her agent because the initial sculpt was to accurate. Since Sean had worked on that one, couldn't he just modify the digital rendering back to the original sculpt submitted? That would get a different head than Big Chief and get a little different look. By the way, and I know you don't want to reveal the sculpt wip yet, which picture of the 11th Doctor did you decide to go with? I can't wait on both of these and then, Clara Lewinsky Oswald. She's awesome. Latest episode was the best of the season and gives s good idea of the type of companion she'll be.

Sean only made most of the accessories for Big Chiefs Matt and Amy and didn't do the head sculpts. If he had done the sculpts, they would own the digital prints regardless and he would need to start from scratch if he were to make versions for WGP. And honestly, if he had done the original Matt and Amy I don't think we would be choosing to make customs of them.

We are going with image #3 for Matt. We definitely do add flaws to sculpts, like moles etc. Pock marks are tricky and don't always show after sanding because they are so shallow. You have to end up making them massive on the digital print to really show.

I really dig Clara but right now she is on the "16" people interested plan.
We'll see how Matt and Amy do. Hopefully that will bring more interest to the Nu Who thread and bring us more interested for other characters! :)

I can't wait to see Sean's take on The 11th Doctor (photo 3 is my favorite as well), Amy and eventually David Tennant and Eccleston. If it looks half as good as the Troughton it will be awesome.

There's no real expression there that works well for using the sonic with, you know that ooooh curious look? ..I was hoping for something like that. :(

Last edited:

the #1 is nice i just dont like the sideways glance if we got it looking forward better.

the #1 is nice i just dont like the sideways glance if we got it looking forward better.

I'm definitely with you on that as well Gwen. Also Rick, go ahead and put me down for the hair rather than scaled version of Amy. On the 10th Doctor I would vote on the big smile Tennant. I agree that we'll get the inquisitive/emo look on Big Chief's so u think the smile would be a great contrast. After seeing how Sean captured Troughton's smile to a tee, I'd love to see how he handled Tennant's. Btw, im definitely in for Tennant also.

Speaking of Tennant, he a bastard to draw, I've tried countless times and I'm normally quite good as sketching faces but can never draw a decent picture of him! :slap ,Matt smith on the other hand is a joy to draw and sculpt for that matter.

Re: WGP- NU DOCTOR WHO- ROSE TYLER interest thread

There was the one headsculpt for #9 from the Walkie many used and Billy B already did a rose, So I'd have to see the sculpt first.

img1539rz.jpg

img1536ju.jpg

The one Doctor headsculpt I'm really after is #7 and you could sneak in a Ratagast out of him for the LOTR fans.

Nice!!! That's the Tardis I built a few years back. You must be the one that got it off of e-bay. I have made a others since then. That was my first one. I even did a half scale, that was just over 5' tall. I was considering making a 2 1/2' Matt Smith Tardis next. The half scale just takes up too much room.

Re: WGP- NU DOCTOR WHO- ROSE TYLER interest thread

There was the one headsculpt for #9 from the Walkie many used and Billy B already did a rose, So I'd have to see the sculpt first.

img1539rz.jpg

img1536ju.jpg

Nice Tardis :wink1: It's the one that I made and sold on e-bay a few years back, you must be the buyer. I have made a few more since then, including a half scale Tardis that a lawyer bought from me.

Definitely interested in a tenth doctor. Throwing some "subliminal interest" for Jackson Lake from The Next Doctor christmas special, that episode is great. Absolutely have to have a victorian cyberman with that one too.

Rick. Since we know the Matt Smith is green lighted, any idea when that will be started? And if started, any wip pics yet?

Rick. Since we know the Matt Smith is green lighted, any idea when that will be started? And if started, any wip pics yet?

Sean started Matt a few weeks back, I have seen pics and he looks sweet! I am hoping he will be finished by the end of May (and maybe Amy?) but he's got some tight deadlines coming up for McFarlane he needs to finish first, so fingers crossed!

That's awesome! I can't wait to see Sean's take on Matt and Karen! With his eye for detail I know they'll look amazing.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see Sean's take on Matt and Karen! With his eye for detail I know they'll look amazing.

Thanks! Once we have a basic sculpt, it doesn't take many interested to get variants made for that same expression, so once we show a Matt, we can see for that particular version how many people want him with S5 Raggedy Man/punk hair, how many people want him with the now traditional curled swoop, the Cowboy hat, etc, so the same expression can service multiple people if the passion is there for different versions.

Please add me to the Clara and Matt list.

Gotcha on. Really, guys? No more Clara love? I'm going crazy wanting one.

So how long till someone does John Hurt?

We will eventually be doing a John Hurt from ALIEN, but to be fair, he will likely be screaming and be having an Alien popping out of his chest (laugh).

Back