Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wgp- nu-doctor who

The problem with Amy was never the rooted hair - it was an excuse used by male collector who are insecure of collecting figures with rooted hair. It was the quality of the paint app itself. Sure the likeness isn't all that there to begin with (ppl complained that the prototype with the awesome paint had issues), but the paint application is what helps improve the look of the sculpt.

I think there is discussion in the Amy thread about getting a sculptor doing an Amy Pond head. Other than that, I am certain Hot Toys will do a Karen Gilian headsculpt for the Guardians of the Galaxy line.

Karen is playing a character who is bald and has blue skin (at least, she does in the comics). I don't think that'll work for Amy.

Also, the likeness isn't really there at all, and I highly doubt even a repaint can save that head. The shape of her face is all wrong.

What I find funny is that ppl complained that the 12 inch Character Option figures have better sculpt despite vote CO and BC uses the same sculpting company for their Doctor Who toys.

Yeah, but that doesn't really mean anything, man. As a sculpting company Design Works employ a bunch of people, just like WGP does. The Design Works people who worked on the old head CO 12" line aren't necessarily the same people that worked on the new Big Chief ones.

Was CO's Amy and Tom heads done by the same studio that did Big Chiefs? I think the BC Tom head is atrocious.

Quick question i see on the tennant list a member with two heads, should those extra heads count for more on the list ?

Karen is playing a character who is bald and has blue skin (at least, she does in the comics). I don't think that'll work for Amy.

Also, the likeness isn't really there at all, and I highly doubt even a repaint can save that head. The shape of her face is all wrong.

Regardless of the blue skin and bald head, I think customizers will modify the head into Amy Pond since it seems easy to do. Some modified a HT Samuel L. Jackson Octopus head and released here as Jules from Pulp Fiction and Mace Windu from Star Wars.

Last edited:

I wonder how long till more people want a John Hurt head or Peter Capaldi. I already do, I now have two doctors missing from my collection.

Yeah, but that doesn't really mean anything, man. As a sculpting company Design Works employ a bunch of people, just like WGP does. The Design Works people who worked on the old head CO 12" line aren't necessarily the same people that worked on the new Big Chief ones.

Was CO's Amy and Tom heads done by the same studio that did Big Chiefs? I think the BC Tom head is atrocious.

While it is true that a company uses different sculptors , I expected a similar quality since it is by the same company who designs them and BC claims to be big fans of Doctor Who. Then again, Big Chief, the BBC, and Karen Gilian are in charged of the likeness of the head; Ms. Gilian might not care how a headsculpt looks like and just gives it her approval without a second thought. It would explain why her CO head looks awful. I think the same goes for Rory.

Seeing past headsculpts, BC might not care much about how certain characters come out. I mean, their Matt Smith came out excellent while their Amy Pond came out looking like a blow up doll; they were probably obligated by the BBC to make an Amy figure.

I know that the company who did all the CO Who stuff did the upcoming Tom Baker and David Tennant head.

Alright gang,
We are doing well enough with extra sculptors and you guys have been passionate enough than I wanted to announce WGP will do a Tennant head, along with the Captain Jack Harkness head (CIRCA "STOLEN EARTH"/"WORLDS END"), but will be a few months off.

Jack's will be a serious expression. Tennant's is still up in the air so please shout out preference if you haven't.

Remember your interest counts in getting things made. We ideally want 16 people per interest to go.

INTEREST LISTS

TENNANT

tennantcollage_zps65cd9480.jpg

1)malo
2)ShadowX81 (PREFERS SMILING)
3)Scifi67 (mohawk/raised eyebrow, borderline suicidal.)
4)Groovy
5)TheEnemy (mohawk)
6)SlytherinPride (sad)
7)bigbrocha
8)raul anubis
9)drdandalek
10)darthkostis (smiling and angry)
11)Dubby
12)Texlander (prefers #3)
13)juanca33
14)

CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS
HAS REACHED 16! WILL BE MADE!
(separate thread started here, with costume https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=TORCHWOOD)

CapJackHarkness_zps3ae6c5bb.jpg

1)Sueworld
2)The ObsoleteMan
3)Tekkaman Blade
4)Buffylover
5)MiskatonicNick
6)thainer
7)Duck of Death
8)tjg
9)Reinhardt
10)Ironman1188
11)koipond
12)Jiminydog
13)TheEnemy
14)Doctordandalek
15)Groovy64

ROSE
If we were going to sculpt her hair, we would want the style to be able to service her looks from both seasons she was in, and her time with both Doctors 9 and 10, so it would be this hair style from Eccleston's "The Long Game", which also looks very similar to her Tennant style in "Fear Her".

normal_The_Long_Game_234.jpg

ROSE INTEREST LIST
1)GRUFF OLD BEAR
2)Scifi67 (SCULPTED)
3)Floppy Hat Jon (SCULPTED)
4)Jiminydog (SCULPTED)
5)DarklyDreaming (SCULPTED)
6)SlytherinPride
7)TheEnemy
8)Doctordandalek (sculpted)
9)Texlander (sculpted)

ECCLESTON

Ecclestoncollage_zps9fede702.jpg

1)DarklyDreaming
2)ShadowX81
3)the enemy
4)Doctordandalek
5)bigbrocha
6)Texlander?
7)juanca33

Hi, can you offer any other photos of Tennant, so we can pick which expression we want sculpted, i prefer the serious look but the one in your 3 pictures is not the best example, so more choice please, THANKS

Hi, can you offer any other photos of Tennant, so we can pick which expression we want sculpted, i prefer the serious look but the one in your 3 pictures is not the best example, so more choice please, THANKS

YOU guys feel free to post photos of what you'd like. :)

I think making a 10th Doctor is a good idea considering how the current one is a limited edition. Would be cool to make the one with the blue suit

Back