Weta Coming Back To Middle Earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1696Large.jpg

Does anyone know if the $6000 price tag is in US or NZ dollars? It'll make all the difference as to whether I pull the trigger on this one............not! :lol

why is the base just plain old wood? is it from fangorn? the enchanted forest? lothlorien? for an expensive piece, i would expect marble/stone or even just black...goes better with bronze...

why is the base just plain old wood? is it from fangorn? the enchanted forest? lothlorien? for an expensive piece, i would expect marble/stone or even just black...goes better with bronze...

In fairness the colors are off on this photograph as it is pretty hard to get true to hue images. Please note these are painted faux bronze versions not the real bronze. I liked the wood and didnt feel it needed a marble base. The smaug was much more impressive in person relative to the pics. The height dimension seems lost in the online images of that piece.

Also, the full scale gollum is 15k, a deal given these small pieces are 6, the faux bronze gollum will be 3k. It looked very nice as well but Im not sure who needs a 1:1 gollum in their house. The gandalf cloak was shockingly thin, something I wasn't expecting either.

In fairness the colors are off on this photograph as it is pretty hard to get true to hue images. Please note these are painted faux bronze versions not the real bronze. I liked the wood and didnt feel it needed a marble base. The smaug was much more impressive in person relative to the pics. The height dimension seems lost in the online images of that piece.

Also, the full scale gollum is 15k, a deal given these small pieces are 6, the faux bronze gollum will be 3k. It looked very nice as well but Im not sure who needs a 1:1 gollum in their house. The gandalf cloak was shockingly thin, something I wasn't expecting either.

Are you saying this is a painted version [for display purposes] and not the actual bronze statue itself.:confused:

Well since you put it that way...put me down for two :lol

havent seen the size of these 'shields'...but per their description, you can wear them as badges...are they this small? i was hoping for something to go along with the arms collections... or bigger than the usual miniature helms...

any pics with comparison sizes?

The best news to come out of SDCC regarding Weta is their "Shields" and "Helms" lines. These other 6 grand priced stuff is irrelevant to me.

Agreed. Why people get excited over item's they will never be able to own is beyond me, but to each his own. I can guarantee you I will be 1000X more excited when my excl. Berserker PF arrives in the next few weeks than I ever will over one of these "made exclusively for the rich and famous" Weta offerings.

As for the helms I am really surprised they are at 1/4 scale as I didn't think they would be able to get a licencing agreement for a line of products already done formerly by SSW. There must be something significantly different about them that enables Weta to produce them.:confused:

And the mini-shields :google All I can say is I hope they come with magnifying glasses...what are they 5-6" tall? I think While the name "mini-shield' certainly is applicable I think I prefer the term "trinket".

Last edited:
Agreed. Why people get excited over item's they will never be able to own is beyond me, but to each his own. I can guarantee you I will be 1000X more excited when my excl. Berserker PF arrives in the next few weeks than I ever will over one of these "made exclusively for the rich and famous" Weta offerings.

As for the helms I am really surprised they are at 1/4 scale as I didn't think they would be able to get a licencing agreement for a line of products already done formerly by SSW. There must be something significantly different about them that enables Weta to produce them.:confused:

And the mini-shields :google All I can say is I hope they come with magnifying glasses...what are they 5-6" tall? I think While the name "mini-shield' certainly is applicable I think I prefer the term "trinket".

Helms? I've only seen crowns so far...could that be the difference? :)

You do make me laugh Woodsy :lol :lol :lol

No plans for a GtG staff I was told. :(

Oh well, it'd be crazy expensive anyway.

I don't get it, i hate bronze statues anyway, i much prefer to be able to work out what's in the sculpt than having a heap of bronze, especially for those prices.
As for that Gollum, i think i'll stick with the smaller, painted one which is essentially the same pose :D

Helms? I've only seen crowns so far...could that be the difference? :)

You do make me laugh Woodsy :lol :lol :lol

I'm starting to think I must be funny....after all, my wife hits me up with a "you're so funny!" comment at least half a dozen times a day :naughty

And on an even funnier note, the Gandalf cloaks are now up for pre-order....and a bargain at only $1250 US apiece :rotfl

I'm starting to think I must be funny....after all, my wife hits me up with a "you're so funny!" comment at least half a dozen times a day :naughty

And on an even funnier note, the Gandalf cloaks are now up for pre-order....and a bargain at only $1250 US apiece :rotfl

:lol :lol You're so funny!! :monkey3

$1250????? :horror:horror:horror Ok even I will agree that is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Back