Weta Coming Back To Middle Earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-That Gollum looks curiously like the one that came with "The Two Towers" extended edition (or was that the companion piece?...)

Yes. It is the same. So it is NOT a new Art but a scale UP.

Wow! I doubt I'll be able to get these but I'm excited anyway! Between these and their John Howe Middle Earth pieces, along with what SS is doing with their three lines, LOTR is exploding all over again! And the Hobbit is still 2 and a half years away! I'm starting to feel a blissful euphoria of Middle Earth excitement!

Yes. It is the same. So it is NOT a new Art but a scale UP.

The Gollum is not the same.

It's based on their lifesize display piece they've had at previous Comic-Cons (and probably other conventions)

weta-gollum.jpg

I don't know why they market this stuff so excitedly and massively in e-mails and on websites as if to say: Look at all the really cool and extra special things that we are making that you can't afford!

W T F ? ! :banghead:mad::(

The Gollum is not the same.

It's based on their lifesize display piece they've had at previous Comic-Cons (and probably other conventions)

weta-gollum.jpg

I got this image from Amazon.com, look quite similar to me...

c5c69833e7a05a7e017c3110.L.jpg

The base and the position of the head is slightly different... but I think basically is the same thing.

Wow! I doubt I'll be able to get these but I'm excited anyway! Between these and their John Howe Middle Earth pieces, along with what SS is doing with their three lines, LOTR is exploding all over again! And the Hobbit is still 2 and a half years away! I'm starting to feel a blissful euphoria of Middle Earth excitement!

Could not have said it better myself! :blissy :blissy :blissy :blissy :blissy

And I am very intrigued to see what this may mean for the future:

'Our new license covers a wide range of new product categories'

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Now don't get me wrong, i'm happy LOTR is coming around again, but such advertisement for stuff that is so expensive, limited, and basically out out of everybody's range (except perhaps the cloak and sheilds) is crazy IMO. With this announcement and the John Howe stuff I was quite excited, but whatever :rolleyes:

It's just frustrating! :banghead:lol

-The shields were "supposed" to be released back in the SS/Weta days but never were...

I was thinking the same thing. So we finally see what should have been released way back when.

Nice stuff, but not interested in any of it.

I don't know why they market this stuff so excitedly and massively in e-mails and on websites as if to say: Look at all the really cool and extra special things that we are making that you can't afford!

W T F ? ! :banghead:mad::(

I'm trying to ignore this fact, but yes, exactly! :lol:lol:lol

Last edited:
I've gotta admit I was pretty excited when I saw this announcement, but now I really couldn't care less. How exactly am I supposed to get excited over item's I am never going to purchase. :confused: How is someone supposed to get excited over a sword with an ES of 10 when they know they can't afford it, or they know they're not crazy enough to pay the kind of money it would take to purchase it? :confused: Why would I be excited over a $6200 bronze Smaug statue when for that same money I could purchase the next 8 LOTR PF's, 8 LOTR dio's and 8 LOTR LSB's all for the same amount of money? :confused:
I just can't believe how "out of touch" Weta is with reality, and with what we, the majority of LOTR collectors, want. If anything, I think announcements such as this will eventually have the exact opposite effect of what Weta is hoping for. :rolleyes:

Complete anti climax the whole thing, beautiful pieces that the majority of collectors CAN NOT AFFORD!!! Seriously Weta have you forgotten who your main market was at the start of the whole LOTR thing? I am sure there are 10 millionaries somewhere in the world who can afford these collectibles, and good for them but I am not one of them. I would love the Smaug piece but not for that money oh and hasn't recession hit New Zealand yet? I would have thought so but clearly not! :confused::rolleyes::duh

I hope some of you going to the Con stop by their booth and ask if they will be producing anything LOTR for the common folk... Anti-climax was the perfect word such a build up... :monkey4:monkey4

I hope some of you going to the Con stop by their booth and ask if they will be producing anything LOTR for the common folk... Anti-climax was the perfect word such a build up... :monkey4:monkey4

:lecture :lecture

Somebody should give them hell! :D

It would be nice if they produced a line for the common folk indeed.

Back