Weta Coming Back To Middle Earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built in hot tub:

dumpster-2-750405.jpg

I could just turn up the heat, turn on the bubbles, and enjoy my Anduril.

I'm actually tempted to by all ten of them.

If I had an awesome set-up like that I would be too! :lol

Just putting my business hat on for a minute...

I know it's frustrating and disappointing for some people that they cannot afford to get some of this stuff. But did you ever stop to think that it's the more expensive products like Smaug, Gollum and Anduril which effectively 'subsidise' the production and sale of lower priced/margined pieces?

Absolutely right but given that their bulk market in the past has been the common people (for want of a better word!) it is frustrating to see beautiful pieces that the bulk market can't afford. Yes they are in business to make money of course and in a weird way it's nice to see incredible pieces like this but it is annoying that they rustle up a big build up and then announce very expensive and exclusive pieces. However I am hopeful that this is the start of more affordable and equally stunning pieces, and in another way i'm not.....:lol
You know, money space etc etc..........:horror

good point ukgirl and anduril is worth every penny. an exact reproduction of the hero sword,made with the finest steel and made by hand by the dude who made all the films awesome weapons.

and only 10 lucky lotr nuts will own it.you can't put a price tag on authenticity like that.:cool:

best product by any company ever!

good point ukgirl and anduril is worth every penny. an exact reproduction of the hero sword,made with the finest steel and made by hand by the dude who made all the films awesome weapons.

and only 10 lucky lotr nuts will own it.you can't put a price tag on authenticity like that.:cool:

best product by any company ever!

I would love to own Anduril and the other swords in the series - but will ogle from a distance and hope to won lotto :)

I would love to own Anduril and the other swords in the series - but will ogle from a distance and hope to won lotto :)

:loli

IT COULD BE YOU!!!

i watched the video of peter lyon making sting,awesome to see the process of how he makes these items and at the end they show glamrig and striders ranger sword so they are in the pipe line no doubt.

Yup, I was crossing my fingers for slightly lower on the price but this is, unfortunately just a little too high even for me :monkey2:monkey2 But it is awesome nonetheless and I respect Weta for appealing to both very high and low markets at the same time :rock

Just putting my business hat on for a minute...

I know it's frustrating and disappointing for some people that they cannot afford to get some of this stuff. But did you ever stop to think that it's the more expensive products like Smaug, Gollum and Anduril which effectively 'subsidise' the production and sale of lower priced/margined pieces?

If by subsidize you mean these high prices will in effect allow Weta to sell other products at a lower profit margin, to coin an old phrase...."you are dreaming in technicolor". The high cost of these collectibles is based on the craftsmanship, production times/costs involved, and the licensing fee's involved [New LIne Cinema and John Howe, etc...]. Not to mention the extremely low ES's, which dramatically increase the production costs.

When Weta begins producing Hobbits statues and busts I can assure you they will charge whatever the market will bear for these item's, nothing more and nothing less. And this goes for everything else Weta, or any company produces and sells for that matter.

If by subsidize you mean these high prices will in effect allow Weta to sell other products at a lower profit margin, to coin an old phrase...."you are dreaming in technicolor". The high cost of these collectibles is based on the craftsmanship, production times/costs involved, and the licensing fee's involved [New LIne Cinema and John Howe, etc...]. Not to mention the extremely low ES's, which dramatically increase the production costs.

When Weta begins producing Hobbits statues and busts I can assure you they will charge whatever the market will bear for these item's, nothing more and nothing less. And this goes for everything else Weta, or any company produces and sells for that matter.

Exact-o-mundo.

did you guys see the eowyn vs witchking sculpt?

Where??

saw it from one of the pic threads on this board... with lots of other things like the sauron dio and the other star wars stuff...cant seem to find it though...

I always loved that painting.

Not digging the piece in 3-D, though, especially in bronze. I had a hard time figuring out where Eowyn and the Morgul Lord were, when first viewed.

Back