Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just BigBunny got this yet? Nobody else can share more pictures?

I hate saying that but, the pieces that been glued back on from pics of BigBunny is unacceptable. If mine comes like this at 700$, weta will get it back for sure.
I agree...for the price paid it had better be perfect otherwise I want another one or refund...still looks nice though

the one piece that has been glued back on is not on the front area of Barad-Dur.
i can hardly notice it when i look at it which i am thankful for.

here are some photos in natural light :)

BDnaturallight.jpg

BDbaseNL.jpg

BDthetowerNL.jpg

BDfrontNL.jpg

BDleftsideNL.jpg

BDrightsideNL.jpg

BDlavaNL.jpg

Great shots, Bunny!

Loving the dark, speckly paint effect on the edges of the lava to make it look like little bits of crust are forming on the surface. So cool.

I think this piece sucks.....................................................because it's not in my possession yet:impatient:

This is totally hackwork!!! :mad:
Why we have no eye?
Why we have not a single window glowing? :gah: Did Sauron went to sleep and turn off all the lights?

I can see it clear:
1) Sculptors did their very best, no doubts! But still it's very lazy job to represent this castle. It's not dark and moody, it's just poorly executed. They could mold it from black-painted polystone and get the same result. Borad-Dur - is not an Orthanc, it should not be blank black.
2) The price is crazy. Yes, it's reasonable for some better paint-job, but we have what we have. And missing eye, yes. Awesome. Real Lord of the Rings product, coz, you know, Sauron was totally in good shape and in his physical body in this era. -___-
3) They moved release date to New Year. Nice choice for WETA, right. I know that they need some funds before holidays, but I really can't just pull around 1k$ from my... ear ))) and pay for this right away (I'll have to be ready for hard non-working January, I need to get presents to my beloved ones and etc.). I was planing to get it next spring. Also, I'm not willing to get 900$ package into new year postal "dead season", it simply can be stolen from me or damaged by drunk loaders.

I've pre-ordered this item on BBTS, coz I really need this into my collection. And I will make some custom windows paint and eye, yes. But I'm totally disappointed and not going to support such a behavior any further. I'd like to get new Gandalf, but now - no, thanks, you can keep it for 300$. :ignore:

Last edited:
My only negative for this piece is the pricetag which is $200 too much...none other(unless the one that comes to my home is bad)

Last edited:
Why we have no eye?
Why we have not a single window glowing? :gah: Did Sauron went to sleep and turn off all the lights?

I can see it clear:
1) Sculptors did their very best, no doubts! But still it's very lazy job to represent this castle. It's not dark and moody, it's just poorly executed. They could mold it from black-painted polystone and get the same result. Borad-Dur - is not an Orthanc, it should not be blank black.
2) The price is crazy. Yes, it's reasonable for some better paint-job, but we have what we have. And missing eye, yes. Awesome. Real Lord of the Rings product, coz, you know, Sauron was totally in good shape and in his physical body in this era. -___-
3) They moved release date to New Year. Nice choice for WETA, right. I know that they need some funds before holidays, but I really can't just pull around 1k$ from my... ear ))) and pay for this right away (I'll have to be ready for hard non-working January, I need to get presents to my beloved ones and etc.). I was planing to get it next spring. Also, I'm not willing to get 900$ package into new year postal "dead season", it simply can be stolen from me or damaged by drunk loaders.

I've pre-ordered this item on BBTS, coz I really need this into my collection. And I will make some custom windows paint and eye, yes. But I'm totally disappointed and not going to support such a behavior any further. I'd like to get new Gandalf, but now - no, thanks, you can keep it for 300$. :ignore:

:lol :rotfl :lol

:clap

Nice trolling.

Why we have no eye?

I can see it clear:

I said this at the start, get the Danbury mint Version, the detail on that is amazing and its at a fair price too. It also as a amazing painted Sauron eye. :)

I can't stand the "Barad-dur" name plate and I'm not a big fan of the eye (but at least that's removable). Other than that, well worth $100.

tough!...lol...it is an easy repaint too..still it was the best one for years untill this one came out

Back