WB, Miller pushing Justice League for 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it over and here is what I see with these names and what they look like:

Adam Brody - No idea, maybe Plastic Man or Kyle Raynor

Joseph Cross - The Flash

D.J. Cotrona - Batman definitely, maybe Superman or Captain Marvel

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Wonder Woman, no doubt

Michael Angarano - Hal Jordan, a stretch for Aquaman

Teresa Palmer - Black Canary,

Max Thieriot - The Flash, maybe a young Green Arrow

Common - Martian Manhunter, possibly John Stewart

Minka Kelly - Zatana, possibly Hawkgirl

Adrianne Palicki - Judges, here is your Black Canary.

Scott Porter - Superman, maybe Hawkman or Aquaman

Just to echo previous sentiments, they are probably envisioning a series of movies so going young would make sense. They would probably be like the Justice League in All Star Batman and Robin, young and undesciplined, still learning the ropes. Some of them I believe are dead on but for characters like Aquaman, Hawkman, Green Arrow and John Stewart, if they even have them in the movie, will need more choices to fill the roles. But so far I am pleased at least in the female department.

EXCLUSIVE: Shannyn Sossamon In Contention for Wonder Woman in 'Justice League of America'
Posted Oct 18th 2007 12:02AM by Ryan Stewart
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Casting, Deals, Fandom, Comic/Superhero/Geek

Cinematical has learned conclusively that actress Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight's Tale, One Missed Call) has auditioned for director George Miller for the upcoming film Justice League of America. Details are scarce, but we know the following: Sossamon did audition for Princess Di and she apparently blew away the writing team of Kieran and Michele Mulroney and has heard back from them since. According to our source, the Mulroneys were so taken with Sossamon that they championed her to director Miller, even going so far as to state that they had envisioned Sossamon in the Amazonian role all along. But now comes the bad news ... our source also tells us that Miller was less than over the moon about Sossamon's audition (or just didn't see her as being the right casting fit), which means that a resulting stalemate will almost certainly break in his favor. The audition apparently took place sometime prior to the recent 'Young Hollywood' open casting call, and that's all we know at this point.

No further details about the project have leaked out in the last couple of days, and all of Hollywood is waiting for word on who will land the coveted roles of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Green Lantern. Oh, and that Martian Manhunter guy, too. Other actors known to have thrown their tights into the ring include Adam Brody, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Common, and Teresa Palmer, of Wolf Creek, who I think would do a bang-up job. Stay tuned for Cinematical as we continue to try to eek out more details of this and other fabulous pre-strike projects! As a footnote, we can also confirm earlier reports that Warner Bros. is in a tizzy over how the film's title will play worldwide, considering how, you know, the rest of the world hates America.

Thank the gods that Miller is smarter than those writers. I hate Sossaman - Diana is not an anorexic stick.

I don't have a problem with Sossamon per se but I definitely don't think she could pull off Wondy at all. I'm glad that Miller is really taking this seriously and not just trying to knock out a tentpole film. I'm interested to see who he settles on for these roles because with the strike looming its gonna be sooner than later

AintItCool.com reports that the 'Young Hollywood" auditions mentioned above (and reported on here last week) were supposedly only for the roles of The Flash and Wonder Woman...

This source said that all those people above (and many more) were only reading for two characters: The Flash and Wonder Woman. The source assured me that the casting is skewing very young only for The Flash because he's the youngest member of the Justice League. And Wonder Woman is a goddess that doesn't age, so it's understandable she'd be cast young.

I personally don't think Wonder Woman should be cast any younger than her early to mid-twenties, but I can see where they're going with making the Flash young and brash... if these rumors are in fact true.

VoicesFromKrypton.com has published part 2 of the interview with Gregory Noveck, senior Vice President Creative Affairs for DC Comics, who, among other things, is the liaison between DC and Warner Bros.
Noveck answers questions regarding the current status of the sequel to "Superman Returns" and "Justice League"...

Q: There are so many rumors on the Internet, including that Bryan Singer's Man of Steel is not happening. Is that film still on the table?
A: Oh, yeah, absolutely.

Q: Well, the word is that it's been put on "indefinite hold" because of Justice League.

A: That's not true. The reason that Justice League is powering forward first is because the script came in and it was phenomenal.

Q: It's really that good?

A: It is, and that very rarely happens in Hollywood on a movie of this scale, and when it does you have no choice but to say, "We'd better catch lightning in a bottle and go!" All of a sudden, six months later, who knows what's going to happen? You want to hold on to those writers, you've got massive interest from directors, you land someone like George Miller, so you go. And in the middle of it all, you've got Bryan going off to make another movie, which was a passion project of his. When he comes back, we'll dive right in to Man of Steel. We're scripting and it's going to happen. We're not going to make it until the script is great, but we'll get there one way or the other and it's not going to take nine years.

AintItCool.com reports that the 'Young Hollywood" auditions mentioned above (and reported on here last week) were supposedly only for the roles of The Flash and Wonder Woman...

This source said that all those people above (and many more) were only reading for two characters: The Flash and Wonder Woman. The source assured me that the casting is skewing very young only for The Flash because he's the youngest member of the Justice League. And Wonder Woman is a goddess that doesn't age, so it's understandable she'd be cast young.

I personally don't think Wonder Woman should be cast any younger than her early to mid-twenties, but I can see where they're going with making the Flash young and brash... if these rumors are in fact true.

I feel a bit more at ease hearing this, but I take issue with Wonder Woman being cast young. First, she's not a Goddess, she was at once the Goddess of Truth, but that's not a major part of what she is and it would involve quite a bit of back story as to how Hippolyta a mortal, manage to sculpt a Goddess out of clay, so If they could leave that out of the film, I'd be happy.
Second, It's Wonder Woman not Wonder Girl. There's a reason they created Donna Troy and Wonder Girl, to have a Teen version of Wonder Woman which would appeal to younger readers. So WW is certainly no teen herself. But it sounds like George Miller really has a good idea of what the characters should be so I hope he gets them to cast the right actors.

Rupert Evans Up for Justice League?
Source: L. October 23, 2007

Superhero Hype! received this unconfirmed rumor from a scooper going by the title 'L.' today:

Hey! I'm a big fan of your site, and I've always wanted to be a spy. Not in the literal, garrott wire and Russian murdering sense of course, but in the movie rumour way.

So, I thought you guys might be interested in this: About three weeks ago I got to go along to some casting sessions in soho for a movie called Justice League. I didn't know what it was until I saw the character list later. I would have figured it out earlier but with a movie like that one they don't let them actually read from the proper script until they're officially cast.

Anyway, we went through a whole bunch of British actors and some of them were pretty good. But I've heard today that one of them has been cast, or I guess is about to be cast, as Superman. I don't remember his audition, but I was out of the room for a lot of it. Anyway, the guy everyone is talking about is called Rupert Evans.

Hope that's interesting for you.

L.

If this report is true this is the next Man of Steel:

rupert_evans_large.jpg

I just don't see the kid from Hellboy as the Last Kryptonian.......if this is true I'm already disappointed. I'd rather one of the kids from the young cast rumor.

So instead of a leg lift for JL Superman/CK, I'll be doing a leg reduction surgery.

Seriously, I fear this means a reimagining of Superman where he physically resembles the mild mannered Clark Kent instead of the other way round. Unless the rest of the cast are under 6 feet, Supes is going to stand out as the short one.

'Welling' to me is the only Superman, so used to him and smallville is great. I just cant believe Bryan Singer is still behind the next Superman movie after the crap he made with Superman Returns, complete garbage. I just hope Smallville keeps going, screw any other superman movies.

Teresa Palmer, the new Wonder Woman?
Date : October 26, 2007 Writer : Clint Morris

The director of one of Actress Teresa Palmer's most recent movies dropped us a line to say the foxy blonde starlet has won the much coveted part of Wonder Woman in George Miller's "Justice League".

Palmer was one of a handful of actresses - including Minka Kelly and Mary Elizabeth Winstead - who tested for the part a week ago, with both studio and director reportedly crushin' over the "December Boys" star's audition.

If true, Theresa's about to invest in some blonde hair dye.

We're waiting on an official announcement.

Update : We wrote Murali Thalluri, who directed Palmer in the Aussie film "2:37", to see whether he knew anything. He doesn't, but wishes her the best. "I haven't spoken to her so am not sure as to whether it is true, but if it is, I am over the moon, she is a rare & remarkable talent, and will be great for this role. I'm very excited for her'".

Update #2 : We've been notified that the 'Advertiser' newspaper in Adelaide has also ran a story suggesting Palmer has been cast in the role. Hmm..

Starting to sound more solid by the minute...

Thanks to 'Mr Filmmaker'

teresa_palmer.jpg

With Palmer as Wondy and Evans as Supes...I'm seriously starting to doubt this film.

The Evans rumor has been put down, but it seems Palmer is confirmed as Diana. As long as she has dark hair - I'll buy it.

Back