WB, Miller pushing Justice League for 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melora Hardin is too old but does have the look. My vote would be Morena Baccarin - with some weight training of course. Lynda Carter was great and I loved her as WW, but she was a little too all-American apple pie. Let's see those Greek roots.

I still don't understand why so many think Biel is wrong for the role. Other Then Biel, I have YET to see an actress that has the same physique as Adam Hughes' Wonder Woman, which to me is her definitive look.

Biel would've been Perfect. :monkey2

Morena Baccarin, doesn't look the part to me. Her complexion is too dark.
At this point, I think it would be best to just hire fresh face that looks the role and hopefully can act.

Melora Hardin is too old but does have the look. My vote would be Morena Baccarin - with some weight training of course. Lynda Carter was great and I loved her as WW, but she was a little too all-American apple pie. Let's see those Greek roots.

That is a VERY interesting casting choice D.

Biehl was all wrong IMO anyway, I don't know why she bailed, maybe it was the weak script or she was passed over first. I doubt she would have said no to a WB payday in a Hi Profile film, she never would have taken the meeting. Sounds like Rep spin to me.

I think Biel would have been perfect. Joss Whedon even joked that Baccarin was perfect for the role - olive skinned, dark haired beauty is how he apparently saw it. I think WW should have an ethnic look to her - but I would have jumped on board the Biel train as well.

I figured either Biel didn't want to go through the physical training or she hated the way she looked in the costume.

Baccarin would be good if she can speak in a commanding voice. How about Monica Bellucci? That is, if she can do any other accent than French.

I still don't understand why so many think Biel is wrong for the role. Other Then Biel, I have YET to see an actress that has the same physique as Adam Hughes' Wonder Woman, which to me is her definitive look.

Biel would've been Perfect. :monkey2

Morena Baccarin, doesn't look the part to me. Her complexion is too dark.
At this point, I think it would be best to just hire fresh face that looks the role and hopefully can act.

On the Biel point, very Agreed! :monkey2
What is this rumor stuff I hear about Nadia Bjorlin, who is HOT as hell and looks right for WW to me...(Would need some workouts also though...)

On the Biel point, very Agreed! :monkey2
What is this rumor stuff I hear about Nadia Bjorlin, who is HOT as hell and looks right for WW to me...(Would need some workouts also though...)

(Runs to check out Nadia Bjorlin)
She looks the part, yeah she would need to work out a bit though.
Wonder Woman usually is depicted a bit buff, so most actresses would need some weight training.

As for Biel turning the role down, I think she did it because she has already appeared in a superhero movie, Blade III and probably wants to do non-action roles (especially after cringe inducing, Stealth).

(Follows screamingmetal and finds this picture...)

I could get behind that.

Now that is a Woman.
Don't know much about her but yeah, she has the looks and physical appearance more appropriate for W Woman.

Thanks gdb and Les.

Last edited:
Included in the casting sessions are: Adam Brody ("The O.C."), Joseph Cross (Running With Scissors), D.J. Cotrona ("Windfall"), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Grindhouse), Michael Angarano (Sky High), Teresa Palmer (The Grudge 2), Max Thieriot (Jumper) and rapper Common.

The trade adds that the cast of NBC's "Friday Night Lights" is well-represented as well, with Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki and Scott Porter also among those testing for parts.

I don't think I could pick a single one of those people out of a crowd.

Included in the casting sessions are: Adam Brody ("The O.C."), Joseph Cross (Running With Scissors), D.J. Cotrona ("Windfall"), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Grindhouse), Michael Angarano (Sky High), Teresa Palmer (The Grudge 2), Max Thieriot (Jumper) and rapper Common.

The trade adds that the cast of NBC's "Friday Night Lights" is well-represented as well, with Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki and Scott Porter also among those testing for parts.

For those who don't know:

ADAM BRODY:

tn2_adam_brody_4.jpg

JOSEPH CROSS:
joe20.jpg

DJ COTRONA:

18755362.jpg

MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD

grindhouseprem40.jpg

MICHAEL ANGARANO

ma-hs07e.jpg

TERESA PALMER

TeresaPalmer.jpg

MAX THIERIOT

nancydrewprem24.jpg

COMMON
CommonFindingForever.jpg

MINKA KELLY
frid-minkkelly.jpg

ADRIANNE PALICKI
adrianne-palicki-motorolas-8th-anniversary-party-moto8-arrivals-lArr0M.jpg

SCOTT PORTER

fri-scottport.jpg

Minka Kelly and Mary Elizabeth Winstead from that list seem to be frontrunner IMHO for Wonder Woman with Joseph and Max probably going for The Flash with DJ and Scott probably going for Supes but the cast will really look young....For the life of me I can't place a few and Common? For GL? He's gonna look ancient compared to the rest of them...

Now there are some young faces. Thanks for the visual aids The Mike! You've just made me feel very, very old. :lol

Guess we can look forward to a line up pretty soon.

No problem......its what I do......waste time while at work instead of actively educating the young minds of the nation I scan Google Images for pictures of the actors who very well might bring the idea of the Justice League into greatness or send it crash like a 2 hour episode of My Super Sweet Superhero Movie.....

It seems that they are aiming this one at the Nickelodeon/Disney Channel crowd. My son is six and I think he will love this compared to Superman Returns or Batman Begins. But it is interesting to ponder what this project could have been like with more familiar faces (belonging to more mature, seasoned actors).

One interesting thing that is noted is the fact that Miller wants these actors to "grow into their personas" over several films. Meaning obviously that this is meant to be a franchise so its easier to sign younger unknown actors to multiple films and that it will probably start while the JL is young, placing this definitely in its own universe because they will effectively be younger than the Batman Begins film and even Reeve's age in the original Superman. Brody is 25 I believe? So if this is even a three picture deal and takes the average of three years between films, these actors would be well into their 30s by the last film....that I'm actually looking forward to since its such a cool effect with the Harry Potter films. I just hope the actors are young but the film itself is kept with a more mature tone and allows these "kids" to be heroes.

Back