WB, Miller pushing Justice League for 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's been posted but word is rapper/actor Common (Smokin, Aces, American Gangster) is gonna play Green Lantern.

This project is pure crazy

I hope the sheer amount of craziness translate to crazy good (low change), not crazy bad :)monkey2)

From what I am hearing, Brandon Routh is out of Man of Steel and apparently WB wants whatever actor replaces him to also star as Supes in JL.

My vote is Matthew Bomer (seen most recently on NBC's Chuck as Bryce Larkin). Even though he was Brett Ratner's first choice, let's not hold that against him.
:D:lol:D

From what I am hearing, Brandon Routh is out of Man of Steel and apparently WB wants whatever actor replaces him to also star as Supes in JL.

Not according to AICN:

I just got off the phone with a very high-ranking mole who is absolutely in a position to know what's happening with this film, and he tells me that it is "absolutely false" that Brandon Routh is out as Superman for the stand-alone series.

The only thing that has been determined is that JUSTICE LEAGUE will not feature the actors from the other films. That's it. Right now, Routh is still Warner's choice to return if they make another stand-alone SUPERMAN film, and that's based on conversations as recently as a few weeks ago.

Don't believe this one, kids. Routh's still the Man of Steel.

While it wouldn't probably relatively expensive to pay out Routh for the two pictures left in his deal the reality is that out of the all the bad reviews or disappointed movie goers what was loved about the film was Routh himself. The resemblance to Reeve is amazing mixed with his youthful boyish quality. Out of everything I read (I liked SR BTW) Routh and Spacey were the only two real saving graces in a lot of people's minds.

I seriously doubt Routh or Bale with the Justice Brat versions of their characters (not my title for them BTW) would be replaced in their relative roles unless they themselves walkaway.

What is set to happen though is that the Wonder Woman/Flash/Green Lantern individual picture deals that have been in development hell are being given new life with the idea of using the Justice League film as a springboard into solo projects

I agree that Routh is the best thing about SR and if they dump Singer, the skinny girl-child who played Lois and the whole story line and just did a reboot with Routh I'd be a happy camper. don't get me wrong, I liked SR okay too, but it was a huge disappointment.

SR was such a huge disappointment because of the basic rehashed story from Superman I. In all reality that was all it was just with Kryptonite as the catalyst. With all the modern tech and a little CGI I'd love to see a Superman Origin film that had a little Krypton in it, if they used Brainiac as a villain they could do it in flashback without an problems.

Kate Bosworth was NOT Lois Lane but in all honesty we all have our favorite brunettes to fill those shoes. If she were around for the next one I wouldn't care all that much. What is important is the guy with the cape filling the role needed of him

Why did they cast a brunette to play Sue Storm? or a Blonde to play Mary Jane? or a Redhead to play Gwen Stacy? The inner workings of Hollywood casting agents is too complex to understand but level down to downright stupidity and name recognition.

A blonde was casted to play Lois because its trendy right now to get actresses to stretch their ranges chemically via hair dye. :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen how skinny Bosworth has become recently? Ick! I really hope that Singer changes a few things with the next film. Bosworth was a rotten Lois, and that costume has to be changed. Those tight shorts were killing me everytime I saw him, and that tiny little "S" seemed to make him stand out less. When the film first came out the editor of the Superman comics wondered why they made the character look gay.

Agreed

(Apparently my message was too short but that's all I have to say about that...)

I'm always a little surprised that people consider hair color matching as good casting. I don't care what color their hair originally is - Bosworth can play tough, I just didn't see any chemistry with her and Routh.

Of course that could be because I HATE that characterization of Clark.

My favorite Lois is Erica Durance, who is kind of a strawberry blonde and they don't even make her dye her hair. If they make a Smallville movie (which is what they should do for the next Supes movie) she should play Lois.

I'm always a little surprised that people consider hair color matching as good casting.

You misunderstood Dave, what is perplexing is that by casting a blonde to play Lois what the agents are implying is that of all the brunettes available or out there none of them made the mark and the best person was her.....that is unbelievable.

There are at least a dozen brunettes I can think of that would be a better Lois than her. That is my point. Unfortunately same goes for MJ, Gwen and Sue...

Back