WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 5 is probably the first episode of this I've truly enjoyed throughout. As I'd suspected I think the focus on Looking Glass especially as he more closely relates to the watchmen universe helped. As well as getting the story moving along a bit more than the past couple episodes. No real revelations from the video that glass had to watch, but it was kinda interesting seeing his character being put in a tough spot by the Senator. Hope Looking Glass remains on the show as I really just dont give a **** about Angela.

Ozymandias also continues to be a highlight. Interested to see what kind of consequences he'll face or even who is coming to his rescue.

Episode 5 proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the squid attack scene would have worked in Zack Snyder's Watchmen adaptation, despite what he and the studio thought. I've loved every minute of the new series and can't wait to see where it leads next.

This show is utter dreck. It's worse than dreck; it's a giant middle finger to anyone that ever read and enjoyed Watchmen.

So why am I subjecting myself to someone flagrantly waving their middle finger in my face? I'm not really.....I downloaded this week's episode for free of course, but I didn't watch it cause the concept of magic pills that let you experience other people's memories is ludicrous even in a fantasy world like Watchmen is supposed to be set in. I skimmed it for a few minutes and then deleted it.

As far as I could tell, this was supposed to be the untold, secret origin story of the Hooded Justice. But wait...didn't Alan Moore already tell that story in his comic book? Yes, he did. Hooded Justice was a big muscle man circus performer. And he was gay. And he was WHITE.

No no no no...says Damon Lindeloff. The image of a guy with a noose around his neck a la Jussie Smollett was just too enticing for Damon...he had to make sure that was a black guy. Even if that meant retconning stuff out of the comics that he allegedly said were "sacred" to him. And even if that means a black guy in "white-face" around his eyes is gonna fool people into thinking he's white.

What....in the FUUUU$*$*$*$*$*$*$......is with Hollywood/the Media's OBSESSION with race????

Let it go already!! Most people just don't care....it's not interesting, it's not entertaining. Just STOP. You have a problem, Hollywood.

STOP IT. Get some help.

Haha it was amazing. Best television I?ve seen since Fargo season 2. Wow never would I think it could be expanded and made better and more relevant to our times. Can?t wait to see what he does with the next three episodes. Absolutely phenomenal. Something worth actually talking about and people are still talking about how much they hate Star Wars [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This show is utter dreck. It's worse than dreck; it's a giant middle finger to anyone that ever read and enjoyed Watchmen.

So why am I subjecting myself to someone flagrantly waving their middle finger in my face? I'm not really.....I downloaded this week's episode for free of course, but I didn't watch it cause the concept of magic pills that let you experience other people's memories is ludicrous even in a fantasy world like Watchmen is supposed to be set in. I skimmed it for a few minutes and then deleted it.

As far as I could tell, this was supposed to be the untold, secret origin story of the Hooded Justice. But wait...didn't Alan Moore already tell that story in his comic book? Yes, he did. Hooded Justice was a big muscle man circus performer. And he was gay. And he was WHITE.

No no no no...says Damon Lindeloff. The image of a guy with a noose around his neck a la Jussie Smollett was just too enticing for Damon...he had to make sure that was a black guy. Even if that meant retconning stuff out of the comics that he allegedly said were "sacred" to him. And even if that means a black guy in "white-face" around his eyes is gonna fool people into thinking he's white.

What....in the FUUUU$*$*$*$*$*$*$......is with Hollywood/the Media's OBSESSION with race????

Let it go already!! Most people just don't care....it's not interesting, it's not entertaining. Just STOP. You have a problem, Hollywood.

STOP IT. Get some help.

I thought it was a great twist and ties in with recent Alan Moore?s remark about how Birth of the Nation is America?s first superhero movie and started the obsession with masks and capes.

Also if you actually read the original graphic novel like you claimed, it was never proven that Hooded Justice was the circus strongman. Hollis mentioned it in his book under the hood that he suspected that it is the German Strongman but that was never proven.

Even the prequels graphic novels disproved that theory.

Yup^. The attention to detail while also being able to open the watchmen universe wide open is what I find most impressive. The way they are showing the difference in the ?Tv show version? and the real version of hooded justice is fascinating. Him crashing through the window to save people vs him crashing out of the window to save himself.

Also if you actually read the original graphic novel like you claimed,

Are you seriously challenging whether or not I've read the book? How old are you, five??

And then in the same breath you bring up the prequels which have less than nothing to do with anything Alan Moore ever created?

Way to sabotage your own credibility.

Enjoy your prequels and sequels and spin offs and Watchmen Babies and especially this garbage TV show.....us REAL fans who have actually READ and enjoyed and UNDERSTOOD the book will be over here, talking about how dumb the rest of you are.

Jesus. You're a ****ing child.

Are you seriously challenging whether or not I've read the book? How old are you, five??

And then in the same breath you bring up the prequels which have less than nothing to do with anything Alan Moore ever created?

Way to sabotage your own credibility.

Enjoy your prequels and sequels and spin offs and Watchmen Babies and especially this garbage TV show.....us REAL fans who have actually READ and enjoyed and UNDERSTOOD the book will be over here, talking about how dumb the rest of you are.

Jesus. You're a ****ing child.

Yes, I am challenging whether you have actually read the original graphic novel or not.

It is a challenge of credibility for your statement. You state with certainty that Hooded Justice is the German circus strongman. I now challenge you to prove that since you make it sound like you are such a true fan that has read the original graphic novel cover to cover a hundred times older. Point out to me where is the original graphic novel that was actually started.

My statement is that it was never proven with certainty, only speculated by Hollis Manson in his book Under the Hood.

While Alan Moore wasn?t involved in the prequels Dave Gibbons was. One half of the creator was involved like it or not.

You are nothing but an edgelord neck beard who thinks it is so edgy that you are a true fan of only the graphic novel when the reality is, you have a poor understanding of the source materials and the history behind it.

It is us real fans that will be laughing at how ignorant and pretentious you are when you are totally missing the point of the original graphic novel which is to constantly challenge popular perception and to question the facts and presented reality.

To be honest I've read it, but don't remember much of the hooded justice stuff or how far off they are from the original on that.

Thought it was fairly entertaining episode though. Thought it was going to beat us over the head with racism bad the whole time, but actually gave us the closest we've had to vigilante action so far. Overall, I think it was an okay episode. Not sure it really said anything all that profound though. Certainly, not to be held up to the original's standard, but I was entertained. :dunno

I did miss Ozymandias though.

I'm not responding to "noisetrigger" cause I've put him on ignore, for my own good. I refuse to take the bait and respond to his personal attacks, cause if I did so, I'd let loose a torrent of obscenities that would surely get me banned.

So, in case anyone else is interested in what I was discussing, and actually has two brain cells to rub together unlike noisetrigger, I'll continue.

Did Alan Moore CONFIRM 100% that Rold Muller was indeed Hooded Justice? No, he didn't have to. Because he implied through his writing, that yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Rolf Muller was Hooded Justice.

Alan Moore doesn't do anything by mistake. He's a meticulous creator. If he didn't want readers to conclude that Hooded Justice was indeed the circus strongman, he'd have never included that passage in the book. Hooded Justice was a tertiary throwaway character, but Alan Moore is so meticulous he even has backstories worked out for even minor characters.

Now if you're the kind of person that needs a creator to hold you by the hand and wipe your ass for you, then yeah, I suppose you could attempt to argue that Hooded Justice's real identity wasn't "confirmed."

But by that logic, Alan Moore never CONFIRMED that Hooded Justice wasn't really a time-traveling squid "alien" disguised in human form, so that's a valid possibility isn't it?

You don't get to pick and choose what's canon because you want to, or cause the TV said something, or cause the artist that drew Moore's script said so. Only Alan Moore gets to say what actually happened in Watchmen. That means whatever silly nonsense was printed by DC's corporate staff as "Before Watchmen" or "Doomsday Clock" doesn't matter. None of that is canon.

On the subject of Hooded Justice, the only stuff we have straight from the source is the actual book, and supplemental material that was published in collaboration with Moore as the Watchmen Role Playing Game Sourcebook.

Here's a page from the Annotated Watchmen that makes reference to the Sourcebook and confirms that Hooded Justice was not only Rolf Muller, but Ozymandias suspected that the Comedian himself killed him.

1.jpg

And that's all I have to say about that. I'll let Moore's work speak for itself. Really is a stupid argument to have about a minor throwaway character, but I guess it just shows how desperate Lindeloff was to piggyback off of Watchmen's success that he'd resort to focusing on a minor character and then shoehorn the incessant race baiting into that character, even though it has nothing to do with anything.

I'm not responding to "noisetrigger" cause I've put him on ignore, for my own good. I refuse to take the bait and respond to his personal attacks, cause if I did so, I'd let loose a torrent of obscenities that would surely get me banned.

So, in case anyone else is interested in what I was discussing, and actually has two brain cells to rub together unlike noisetrigger, I'll continue.

Did Alan Moore CONFIRM 100% that Rold Muller was indeed Hooded Justice? No, he didn't have to. Because he implied through his writing, that yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Rolf Muller was Hooded Justice.

Alan Moore doesn't do anything by mistake. He's a meticulous creator. If he didn't want readers to conclude that Hooded Justice was indeed the circus strongman, he'd have never included that passage in the book. Hooded Justice was a tertiary throwaway character, but Alan Moore is so meticulous he even has backstories worked out for even minor characters.

Now if you're the kind of person that needs a creator to hold you by the hand and wipe your ass for you, then yeah, I suppose you could attempt to argue that Hooded Justice's real identity wasn't "confirmed."

But by that logic, Alan Moore never CONFIRMED that Hooded Justice wasn't really a time-traveling squid "alien" disguised in human form, so that's a valid possibility isn't it?

You don't get to pick and choose what's canon because you want to, or cause the TV said something, or cause the artist that drew Moore's script said so. Only Alan Moore gets to say what actually happened in Watchmen. That means whatever silly nonsense was printed by DC's corporate staff as "Before Watchmen" or "Doomsday Clock" doesn't matter. None of that is canon.

On the subject of Hooded Justice, the only stuff we have straight from the source is the actual book, and supplemental material that was published in collaboration with Moore as the Watchmen Role Playing Game Sourcebook.

Here's a page from the Annotated Watchmen that makes reference to the Sourcebook and confirms that Hooded Justice was not only Rolf Muller, but Ozymandias suspected that the Comedian himself killed him.

View attachment 471743

And that's all I have to say about that. I'll let Moore's work speak for itself. Really is a stupid argument to have about a minor throwaway character, but I guess it just shows how desperate Lindeloff was to piggyback off of Watchmen's success that he'd resort to focusing on a minor character and then shoehorn the incessant race baiting into that character, even though it has nothing to do with anything.

I guess I just have to respond to this coward who started with the name calling but couldn?t take the heat when it was pointed back at him. It is the same **** over at the SW thread. He couldn?t be challenged and will resort to expletive like some Internet SJW.

Talk about being damn loud until someone else is louder, then he became a tiny little mouse.

At the end of the day he didn?t prove anything because If you know Alan Moore?s work like he said he does (which he doesn?t) you know that the most obvious answer is not the most obvious answer.

And if you think an artist is not a creator as much as the writer, then you have just thrown artists like Steve Ditko and Bill Finger under the bus.

People give Akan Moore so much credit but no eligible to Dave Gibbons who brought as much life into the series as Alan Moore.

As what was attached still doesn?t prove anything and until Alan Moore actually comes out and disprove this, it is all up for interpretation.

I am all for intelligent discussion with everyone who is a fan of this show because I think it is subversion done right.

I am seriously wondering what show others are watching because I have found the show to be utter ****e. Every episode.
Altered Carbon
Love, Death + Robots
Fargo
Bojack Horseman
Rick and Morty
Handmaiden's Tale

I noticed that the fact that Rick and Morty is on so late is why I watch Watchmen as it carries me to 11:30. If it were on at any other time I doubt I'd be watching it. I dislike the clumsy and overly safe story telling that I don't feel pays Moore any credit.

Watchmen was never something that I felt needed expanding upon. The Graphic novel felt to be the right duration. I'd have been much more interested if they did an adaptation of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Promethia. I know LXG was crapped on by the poor film but I think that that's what makes it more suitable for adaptation.

Watchmen posed an interesting question. Snyder did a panel for panel adaptation of the GN with precious few exceptions. What then becomes the point? It felt like a study in the worth of adapting from one visual story telling format to another. Was there a net gain, loss or no change in the value of this?

That exercise having been completed leaves me satisfied with the Watchmen I already have access to. This show just feels like it could be "Generic Dystopia Future Show".

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

This is easily the best since Fargo season two. I loved season 3 but not as memorable

I enjoyed Sunday's ep because it tried something different.

And I can't lie, knowing it would trigger people like Otomofan is half the fun.

Back