WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RORSCHACH!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there is that, too. But I think he had his name removed from LXG because of how bad it was.

Removing his name from LXG is understandable because that movie was just horrible. BUT removing his name from V For Vendetta was a bad move, that movie is great.

can't really blame him for having his name removed from lxg -- it was pretty horrific -- which is a shame, as the comic was fantastic -- hopefully this adaptation will fare better!

can't really blame him for having his name removed from lxg -- it was pretty horrific -- which is a shame, as the comic was fantastic -- hopefully this adaptation will fare better!

i've heard nothing but good things about his lxg. did he only write one trade, or was it a whole series? I really loved watchman/v for vendetta/some of his swamp thing

His names not on From Hell either.......(i liked from hell)

I totally forgot about that. I really liked the book and the Hughes Bros. really didn't muck up that movie too much (besides hiring Heather Gramah, that's a WHOLE different topic in itself). But I think that it is globally understood that Alan Moore is a lunatic nutjob psycho crazy man. (especially with the hippy beard)

i believe there are currently 3 volumes/ sets (vol.s 1 & 2 and lxg: the black dossier -- all are brilliant! definitely worth picking up if you like his other work.

i believe there are currently 3 volumes/ sets (vol.s 1 & 2 and lxg: the black dossier -- all are brilliant! definitely worth picking up if you like his other work.

Excellent, always on the lookout to add to my graphic novel collection. There any sequential order they need to read in, or all stand-alones?

vol 1 is the origin story, vol 2 is next in continuity and then the black dossier -- have fun! i'm kinda jealous -- wish i was reading these for the first time again!

vol 1 is the origin story, vol 2 is next in continuity and then the black dossier -- have fun! i'm kinda jealous -- wish i was reading these for the first time again!

smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

WATCHMEN Movie Discussion

I am rounding up some of the existing Watchmen movie related threads and sticking them all together in this thread to discuss the upcoming film adaptation of Alan Moore's graphic novel.

Anyway, it sounds like Fox is trying to keep Warner Bros from moving ahead on the project.

Read all about it:

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41860

I hope this gets settled and doesn't actually threaten the production.

Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion

Geezus, first the suit that threatens The Hobbit movie now this.... ugh! :google

At least Lost is starting production again and we'll see more than 8 episodes this year. :rolleyes:

Not so strange that Fox decided to wait until principal photography was nearly complete before suing.

I'm wondering if Fox saw how the project was going and decided that it might be a successful movie. They had no faith in it when they had it themselves though, since they put it in turnaround.

Now WB will settle by giving Fox some of the distribution rights.

Everything I've seen or read makes me happy about this movie. So far it looks to be the best comic adaptation of all time.

Awesome pix! I wonder who will pick up this license? Now where's my 1/6 Rorschach?!

Back