Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that Winnie the Pooh ride at DW. Another great one that I feel is under rated is the Peter Pan ride. I loved "flying" around the London skyline.

lol, yeah its pretty bad... but nostalgic. I wonder why they brought it back? Death of MJ maybe... I do miss Honey I Blew Up the Audience, I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

WDW12102014_0775.jpg

p.s. you got me

was scrolling down the other page a little too fast and did a doubletake on this one. :google :slap:lol

lol, yeah its pretty bad... but nostalgic. I wonder why they brought it back? Death of MJ maybe... I do miss Honey I Blew Up the Audience, I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

p.s. you got me

was scrolling down the other page a little too fast and did a doubletake on this one. :google :slap:lol

A lot of it was because of MJ's death and a lot of people were wanting to see it again. Under the old legalese terms and conditions, Disney did not own the rights to release it on video. The only thing they had the rights to do was to show it in the theme parks. At that moment in time, Honey I Shrunk the Audience has been around for as long as Captain EO was when it was removed... (give or take) and attendance was at an all time low. Bringing Captain EO was something that wouldn't cost them hardly any money and if it drew people into the parks, then it would be worth it.

With Kodak bankrupt and Disney owning Lucasfilm (Captain EO was executive produced by George Lucas) I wonder what Disney is able to do now with it... it would be great to just release all of these disney 3D movies onto home video or something so that they can live on whenever we want.

For us Californians, that would involve Captain EO, Muppet Vision 3D (aww, Jim Henson's last project), and eventually It's Tough to Be A Bug. I know that with in-theater elements, it wouldn't be the same, but these are films I'd like to revisit anytime.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids was fun but I'm not that fond of it personally. Using an awards ceremony as a locale makes it less repeatable as an experience. For me.

No way! Captain EO is the awesomest!! In it's 80's mentality.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
My entire family thought it was horrible.
Not a Disney kind of attraction in my opinion. :cuckoo:

It's a Bugs Life and Muppet 3D are excellent and no comparison to CE

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
My entire family thought it was horrible.
Not a Disney kind of attraction in my opinion. :cuckoo:

It's a Bugs Life and Muppet 3D are excellent and no comparison to CE

Did you guys watch it recently? Or back in the 80s. Curious as to what your answer is.

For me, having seen it in the 80s, we all loved it. Everyone loved it. It was ultimately Disney because it pushed technology and had a message of love and peace. At the time, it was the most expensive film per second.

It was so popular it has a second in the opening of the Disney Sunday Night Movie

Did you guys watch it recently? Or back in the 80s. Curious as to what your answer is.

For me, having seen it in the 80s, we all loved it. Everyone loved it. It was ultimately Disney because it pushed technology and had a message of love and peace. At the time, it was the most expensive film per second.

It was so popular it has a second in the opening of the Disney Sunday Night Movie

We went earlier this month on 3/5/15 and it was terrible.
We actually left a few minutes early,along with other people.
The show was relatively empty,with only about 20-25 people in the room.
It needs to go and be replaced with something fresh and new! :pray:

I cannot get the search to work but can someone recommend the best place to get a decent deal for a family of four? We are planning on going this year with our two boys. :) Most likely around late September.

My wife and I went for our honeymoon 10 years ago and are very excited about going again with the boys now. I just have not seen very many package deals on a Disney trip now. Looking to stay on site.

Planning 3 days at Disney, 1 Universal Studios, and 1 at Universal Islands.

Thanks! Looking forward to some of the new stuff for sure.

Some great photos posted here, nice! I really hope they add more Star Wars, Frozen, Pixar, and Marvel stuff at some point though...seems like it's taking forever for them to do anything new...

Way past its time!

You can rejoice because Captain EO will be removed next month for a TOMORROWLAND preview.

I cannot get the search to work but can someone recommend the best place to get a decent deal for a family of four? We are planning on going this year with our two boys. :) Most likely around late September.

My wife and I went for our honeymoon 10 years ago and are very excited about going again with the boys now. I just have not seen very many package deals on a Disney trip now. Looking to stay on site.

Some great photos posted here, nice! I really hope they add more Star Wars, Frozen, Pixar, and Marvel stuff at some point though...seems like it's taking forever for them to do anything new...

Question: What do you mean by "decent deal"? Are you looking for a great restaurant or the least expensive?

Don't care about restaurants. I was looking for a deal on airfare, tickets to pArks, and hotel. :)

Go on the Disney site
Multi day passes
3 day passes/non hopper Ages 10 and up $275/3 day kids 3-9 $256/3 day /$91.67/day for adults $85.34 /day for kids 3-9

Universal Studios/Islands of adventure

2 day pass adult $149.99 kids 3-9 $139.99

Not bad prices at all.
Air fare and hotel accomodations depend on the actual dates you are attending.
You need to have the exact ages of the kids upon arrival for ticket prices.
Good luck to you,you will all have a blast! :clap

You do not need the park hopper tickets.More expensive and I would recommend spending a day at the parks you really want to go to.
Disney is a must,Animal Kingdom is awesome but can be really hot in September.June-September are the hottest months.
Epcot is neat but it enjoyed more by adults in my opinion.
Hollywood Studios is my favorite.
Tower of Terror,Rock N Roll Roller Coaster,Star Wars Star tours,lots of cool stuff but the smallest park in Disney.
Universal Studio and Islands of Adventure are bot really nice.
Islands of Adventure has Super Heroes(Spiderman,Wolverine ,ect characters) with photo ops plus lots of rides and the Hulk roller coaster which is my personal favorite.
Harry Potter rides,shops,exhibits are in both but totally different stuff.
Water rides to cool off are nice as well.
Go to each website and review the outlay and contents of each park and decide what works best for your family.
Remember,as soon as you decide the dates for Disney World,you can get your fast passes(3 each per day) 3 months out.
They fill up fast,especially the newest rides and events,like in WDW Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs Mine Car train ride is definitely the fastest to fill up.
Enjoy!!!:mexwave

Heading to Disney World and Universal Studios in a couple of weeks. So much planning required with what parks to go, when to go, what fast passes to get lol.
This will be my first time going, so I'm really getting excited over it.

Tickets are so exey and the weak Canadian dollar just makes it worse. However I'll be heading on back to the Southern Hemisphere in a few more months, so now is the time to see Disney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to rejoice just think it is well overdue to be replaced.
Not a fan!:yess:

You're in an extreme minority. Just as I'm in a minority for believing Frozen is a pretty terrible movie. But in this instance, I'm in the correct minority. You are not. Of course, these are just opinions but they wouldn't bring it back if it were as awful as you think it is. But, it IS long overdue for a replacement, that's for sure. It should have only lasted maybe a year or two, but that's the problem with WDW management. They're very slow to update anything.

Alright.. .more pics!

WDW12102014_1050.jpg

WDW12102014_1044.jpg

This is a series of pics from the Celebrate the Magic castle projection show. It's pretty neat.
WDW12102014_1074.jpg

WDW12102014_1082.jpg

WDW12102014_1106.jpg

WDW12102014_1067.jpg

WDW12102014_1121.jpg

WDW12102014_1126.jpg

WDW12102014_1132.jpg

WDW12102014_1135.jpg

WDW12102014_1148.jpg

WDW12102014_1152.jpg

WDW12102014_1154.jpg

WDW12102014_1157.jpg

WDW12102014_1164.jpg

WDW12102014_1167.jpg

WDW12102014_1171.jpg

WDW12102014_1176.jpg

WDW12102014_1180.jpg

Yes, these are from December... it's taking me forever to post!

Back