Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided I'd never go to Disney parks during summer again. I love going to DW during Halloween or Christmas time. Good rates and less people. Jumped on space mountain with no waits at all.

Mickey's Halloween Party and the Not So Scary Halloween Party are a blast.
Getting candy by the pounds, and they're the good ones too!
I'll take what I get from there and give them away to the kids on Halloween night. It's just way too much candy.

The Halloween Screams fireworks show hosted by Jack Skelington is different enough from the nightly show that it's worth watching.

If you're lucky enough to watch the Dapper Dans perform you'll enjoy their medley of songs with a Halloween twist.

Ticket sales for this event are limited, so yes, there's less people in the park.

I'm getting married in June of 2018. Fiance wants to go to Disney World for the honeymoon. I lived in Orlando for 6 years around 2008 and used to have an annual pass. I took her in late November of last year. I knew that was the perfect time to go. Longest line was about 40 minutes, most were less than 15 and that was the time it took just to walk through the queue haha. I'm excited to go again, but I don't think she realizes what it truly means to go to Disney in the busy season. Much hotter with most lines being a couple hours long. Add in the opening of Toy Story land around that time and the parks are going to be swamped.Wish her luck. She'll actually get to experience Florida this time.

I'm getting married in June of 2018. Fiance wants to go to Disney World for the honeymoon. I lived in Orlando for 6 years around 2008 and used to have an annual pass. I took her in late November of last year. I knew that was the perfect time to go. Longest line was about 40 minutes, most were less than 15 and that was the time it took just to walk through the queue haha. I'm excited to go again, but I don't think she realizes what it truly means to go to Disney in the busy season. Much hotter with most lines being a couple hours long. Add in the opening of Toy Story land around that time and the parks are going to be swamped.Wish her luck. She'll actually get to experience Florida this time.

That's really awesome!
Congrats to you both.
What matters is that you'll experience it together. Take lots of pics.
When you're there, Stop by City Hall at the Magic Kingdom, first thing in the morning.
They might have something special for you. ;)

I'm surprised, with this being so close to Halloween now, that no one has posted any Disney pictures with their Halloween stuff up. I know it's all over instagram.

I LOVE Disney World. Have been a few times. Plastic fantastic.

Is late November really the best time to go regarding weather and lines? What's January/Feb like?

We've only been during the busy season July-Aug before but I guess we've been lucky with the lines because never had to wait more than 30mins and just plan our fast passes really well. We waited longer for dinner each day - especially Be Our Guest on our dining plan.

Late November can be busy due to Thanksgiving. January/February would be a great time since school is in session and there aren't really any holidays that time of year. Weather would be decent, too.

Thanks! I have looked at late Jan before, so will keep an eye on school times when planning.

Late January is the time we usually go. Parks are pretty quiet then.

Weather can be iffy. Has been really hot and also really cold on different trips.

But based on lower park attendance, my favorite time to go.

I LOVE Disney World. Have been a few times. Plastic fantastic.

Is late November really the best time to go regarding weather and lines? What's January/Feb like?

We've only been during the busy season July-Aug before but I guess we've been lucky with the lines because never had to wait more than 30mins and just plan our fast passes really well. We waited longer for dinner each day - especially Be Our Guest on our dining plan.
Weather will always be unpredictable when planning this far out, but November (especially later in the month) is not a good time to go in terms of wait times. Lines are super long due to the Christmas season underway at the parks. The holiday decorations go up before the Thanksgiving holiday. As a matter of fact, their holiday parade is already up and running at this time.

From my experience the best chance at seeing shorter lines is during the latter half of January or latter half of February. Obviously, your mileage may vary, but you will have a blast either way. Plan ahead. Since you've already been a few times, consider trying attractions you've never visited first. However, if there's a couple of coasters/rides that you establish is a 'must ride', do those first. Take lots of pics. :)

Weather will always be unpredictable when planning this far out, but November (especially later in the month) is not a good time to go in terms of wait times. Lines are super long due to the Christmas season underway at the parks. The holiday decorations go up before the Thanksgiving holiday. As a matter of fact, their holiday parade is already up and running at this time.

From my experience the best chance at seeing shorter lines is during the latter half of January or latter half of February. Obviously, your mileage may vary, but you will have a blast either way. Plan ahead. Since you've already been a few times, consider trying attractions you've never visited first. However, if there's a couple of coasters/rides that you establish is a 'must ride', do those first. Take lots of pics. :)

Thanks. Yeah, we've learned the value in thoroughly planning ahead of time. We do an itinerary before we go and stick to it for the most part. We go into the parks late morning, after relaxing at the hotel/pool. Sometimes later because of the heat. We aim for parks on the days with extra magic hours. That way, we can stay in the actual chosen park for a lot longer, even though we go in later, and we can get more mileage because most people have left by 10, 11, 12pm etc. Less kids. Last time, we went on Buzz Lightyear four or five times in a row because of the zero lines and the same with other rides like Little Mermaid etc. We use fast passes on the rides with long wait times, and use them earlier in the day. So, get the "WE MUST GO ON THAT ONE!" rides done and dusted nice and early. That then takes the pressure/stress off.

Also, by planning ahead, we can book our dining in those particular parks. That way, we don't have to jump from one to another, wasting time on travelling.

We're quite slick at the planning now, it's just that I would prefer to go when it's cooler. Not bothered about rain because it rains during the summer anyway.

So, looking like we'll late Jan/Feb and see the difference.

Thanks, guys! Advise is much appreciated :duff

Thanks. Yeah, we've learned the value in thoroughly planning ahead of time. We do an itinerary before we go and stick to it for the most part. We go into the parks late morning, after relaxing at the hotel/pool. Sometimes later because of the heat. We aim for parks on the days with extra magic hours. That way, we can stay in the actual chosen park for a lot longer, even though we go in later, and we can get more mileage because most people have left by 10, 11, 12pm etc. Less kids. Last time, we went on Buzz Lightyear four or five times in a row because of the zero lines and the same with other rides like Little Mermaid etc. We use fast passes on the rides with long wait times, and use them earlier in the day. So, get the "WE MUST GO ON THAT ONE!" rides done and dusted nice and early. That then takes the pressure/stress off.

Also, by planning ahead, we can book our dining in those particular parks. That way, we don't have to jump from one to another, wasting time on travelling.

We're quite slick at the planning now, it's just that I would prefer to go when it's cooler. Not bothered about rain because it rains during the summer anyway.

So, looking like we'll late Jan/Feb and see the difference.

Thanks, guys! Advise is much appreciated :duff

Is that Disney World or Disneyland? Cuz I have never seen a "zero line" situation at Disney World. Especially not a time of the day when there aren't a billion kids in the park. :p

Is that Disney World or Disneyland? Cuz I have never seen a "zero line" situation at Disney World. Especially not a time of the day when there aren't a billion kids in the park. :p

I've experienced it before. It depends on when in the year you go. I went a few years ago in early November and rode space mountain 4 times in a row with no more than a 4 minute wait. I last went in late July and ever thing you did had at least a 20 minute wait.

I've experienced it before. It depends on when in the year you go. I went a few years ago in early November and rode space mountain 4 times in a row with no more than a 4 minute wait. I last went in late July and ever thing you did had at least a 20 minute wait.

I can see something like that for Space Mountain, but the Buzz Lightyear ride? I've been to the park during many different times of the year and I've never seen that ride have a short queue. Unless you consider 20 minutes a quick line. Not including Fastpass times of course. Been able to get through that line in 5-10 minutes with Fastpass.

Speaking of rides in Tomorrowland, anyone else pumped about Tron joining the party? I think I am more excited about that than the Star Wars park.

I can see something like that for Space Mountain, but the Buzz Lightyear ride? I've been to the park during many different times of the year and I've never seen that ride have a short queue. Unless you consider 20 minutes a quick line. Not including Fastpass times of course. Been able to get through that line in 5-10 minutes with Fastpass.

Speaking of rides in Tomorrowland, anyone else pumped about Tron joining the party? I think I am more excited about that than the Star Wars park.

Well bear in mind it's been 5-6 years since I've been there, but a lot of the big rides, Everest, all of the mountains, tower of terror, had no more than a 10 min wait. That was during the week. I made the mistake of going on a Saturday and waited almost 2 hours for splash mountain.

Well bear in mind it's been 5-6 years since I've been there, but a lot of the big rides, Everest, all of the mountains, tower of terror, had no more than a 10 min wait. That was during the week. I made the mistake of going on a Saturday and waited almost 2 hours for splash mountain.

About 330 days of the year, long lines for all the popular rides at DLR.

Back