Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a lot like Soarin but on steroids, and throw in some 3D effects. It really does feel like youre there and you dont even notice there are people next to you. I say its worth the wait only because Ive been there and done everything 10 times plus- it was either go on more of the same or experience something new. We took snacks, met some of the people in line, and got a good look at all the alien landscape they built. The Ride itself feels like it lasts a pretty good while, feels two or 3 times longer than Soarin. Whats crazy is- in our 3-4 hr line a guy behind us after sitting on the bike got up and opted out. Didnt even say a word to his people- they were asking where he went lol.

Avatar was amazing, but no ride is worth 2-4 hours of waiting, as many were willing to do. We had a fast pass for it, fortunately. As I've gotten older, my durability on those rides has gone way down, but I can ride anything barring Mission to Mars at least a couple of times.

I was at Disney during Christmas, and saw some cool stuff. One character I wanted to take pics with during the Christmas party, but had no chance to due to the long lines, and the fact that I was there to make kids happy with various things:

View attachment 387722

And more representative of my night:

View attachment 387723

View attachment 387724

We probably crossed paths. I was there Dec 13 - 19

Heading back to WDW Friday. I have lots of Patriots gear packed. Amazing over the years how seeing that Pats logo gets some people to blurt expletives in the "Happiest Place on Earth".:lol

Heading back to WDW Friday. I have lots of Patriots gear packed. Amazing over the years how seeing that Pats logo gets some people to blurt expletives in the "Happiest Place on Earth".:lol

I just hope daily that Tom Brady falls and breaks his left arm. That way, he not only can't play but also knows that he still cold throw the ball. Mess with his head too. Hate the man.

But nice on going back to Disney! :rotfl

I noticed on the pirates ride for the first time, they had a paralax skull rock effect that looked exactly like HMO Morrigan’s base. Either its fairly new or I just now noticed because of my preorder lol. Very Cool. Its just before you get the the skeleton Mermaid at the beginning. I looked online for a pic but could only find this one-

D7120959-778A-42BA-BBA0-8B913E43A620.jpeg

I noticed on the pirates ride for the first time, they had a paralax skull rock effect that looked exactly like HMO Morrigan’s base. Either its fairly new or I just now noticed because of my preorder lol. Very Cool. Its just before you get the the skeleton Mermaid at the beginning. I looked online for a pic but could only find this one-

View attachment 389581

That is very cool!

Going in May for 3 days. Gonna be hot and crowded but with the hopper we can take our time. Can't wait. Been watching a ton of vids lately. There are some really good ones on food too.

Really loved the cheeseburger steamed buns at the animal kingdom. Havent had them since visiting Japan 5 years ago. Also dont miss the spicy chicken waffle sandwiches at the sleepy hollow tavern in magic kingdom. I expected the French restaurant in Epcot to be overpriced and lousy- it was actually very good although expensive. I would go again. Steer clear of Morimotos in Disney Springs- crazy prices and terrible food.

We had a blast! The boys got to ride so much. Quick vid of us on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I hadn't ridden it since I was a kid in the mid 90's.

Ended up going to a conference for my company and brought my wife with me. They had us staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I was supposed to go to the conference Sunday-Tuesday but ended up having it cancelled because none of our equipment showed up. We went to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom instead. It was a blast!

The Avatar ride, Flight of Passage, was amazing. Rode it twice despite the long lines. Best ride that we went on and we went on them all at both parks. The Seven Dwarfs Mine was pretty cool too.

It was quite a nostalgia trip since I haven't been to Disney since I was 8.

Back