Voltron re-launch!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yeah the Gatchaman/G-Force/Battle of the Planets movie is done...not being released the company went under.

...yeah the Gatchaman/G-Force/Battle of the Planets movie is done...not being released the company went under.

Someone just needs to buy the movie from the bankrupt company and release it. I was looking forward to it, because Medicom or Hot Toys might of made some figures for it. I know Medicom already did in the past, but they looked like crap.

They were working on a few other things as well and apparently since they went down, nothing is getting released...really sucks, cause it actually looked pretty good. I have a feeling the same will happen with the Gaiking movie.

I'm gutted ol' JJ Abrams didn't get to tackle a Voltron flick. Wasn't there some rumour it was going to be crossed over with Cloverfield?

Well the Masterpiece Collection Edition was dropped off today. I thought that since the regular one was a good toy that the diecast Masterpiece model would be just how it was when I was little or better. It is not, there is still a lot of plastic in it. The weight of the diecast is resting on the plastic legs and makes it very unstable. You can barely tell them apart. Here is a video showing how bad it is for over $200 don't waste your money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU0TrhexNfk

Yeah I have the regular one, I didnt want to plunk down the money for the "diecast" version. I knew it wouldnt be worth it.

Yeah I have the regular one, I didnt want to plunk down the money for the "diecast" version. I knew it wouldnt be worth it.

With the improved mobility and awesome paint apps the plastic version is a must for any Voltron fan. If you want that chrome look all you have to do is get a couple of silver plated gundam markers

Not sure if this has been posted... But news from TheFwoosh.com

Mattel Rep on the Voltron Classics like from MattyCollector.com
...ALSO, though they had nothing on display, I was able to ask one of the Mattel reps about the new Voltron Classics line. I learned that it is coming in about 5-6 months, each lion will be around $30 each, with diecast parts, spring actions, articulated figures that fit in each lion, sold on MattyCollector.com, and fully combined into Voltron is over 2-3 feet! Also, each will come with a part to build the blazing sword!

They also mentioned that the classic Voltron toys will only be on Matty Collector at first, but once the new series toys hit retail for a little bit, they plan to start mixing the two at retail.

Personally, I think this is VERY exciting news... if they do both Cat & Vehicle versions of Voltron in the Classics line I'll be warpped! 2-3fts tall is massive!!!! :yess:

Voltron SDCC Exclusive from Mattel!!

2011-04-28%2017.31.41.jpg

I would ve worked something out with her if she d wanted those SDCC Exclusives....

Awesome I want that Voltron. so how does Mattels exclusives work, do we pay before SDCC then pick up or do we just try our luck at the con?

Back