MasterTurtle Custom Thread: Dinosaucers Ankylo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterTurtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
I havent really seen much about action figure customization on here but I felt I made something from scratch, took it to molding and casting, and final production. So it's not just a kitbash or something of prexisting parts and new paint.

I always loved the animated series Dinosaucers and they had toys planned in 1987/88 but were cancelled. Some of the molds were acquired by another company and 5 of the 8 figures were produced in Brazil. You can own them thanks to the internet but they still fetch a high price because theyre some of the coolest toys from the 80s, most of which never saw official release. I wanted to remedy that so I decided to design a figure that would mesh well with the existing figures using a multitude of reference materials, hire a 3D modeler, get a 3D print, Mold/Cast/Paint myself, and produce a small run of High End, original, toy statues to continue where the last company left off.

I was highly inspired by the 4 Horsemen's work on the 2002 Masters of the Universe line. After Mattel canceled the toys, NECA released many mini statues known as "stactions," using the sculpts the Horsemen's had done but would have never seen release because of Mattel dropping the line. They fit seamlessly with the toys but are in essence, little statues.

I just finished my first character and finalizing 12 painted editions. I am planning to do every character or as many as I can and acquire the rights to do this official, if that's an option.

I'm just hoping to share something I was passionate about with everyone here who is just as passionate about their own work. I hope it is one of those threads that when you open, you just grin ear to ear because its like something you havent seen before. The market often gets cluttered with things we have all seen and I thought this might be a time to stand out.

Here are the photos of a final piece including one with 2 actual production pieces from Brazil
IMG_0489.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0495.JPGIMG_0498.jpg

Last edited:
Back