Voltron re-launch!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im actually not really impressed with that voltron. Very simplistic and not enough details for me. I already have the old chunky voltron and I have the masterpiece Voltron. I want a decent Voltron
and while its cool to see the first voltron toy, I expected more. Plus I really want to see the toys with the new look.

Better pic:

pop_polly_pocket_1.jpg

Oh my God, I love it! I think it looks great and I am pumped about the new show! :rock

Awesome I want that Voltron. so how does Mattels exclusives work, do we pay before SDCC then pick up or do we just try our luck at the con?

You pay first and pick up at the Con, stay tuned to MattyCollector.com when they open pre-orders, no info on that yet though.

6", fully articulate, cartoon accurate Voltron? sign me up:yess:
:hi5:

Im actually not really impressed with that voltron. Very simplistic and not enough details for me. I already have the old chunky voltron and I have the masterpiece Voltron. I want a decent Voltron
and while its cool to see the first voltron toy, I expected more. Plus I really want to see the toys with the new look.

I hear you, the masterpiece one is awesome, but I think this one looks great and jumped out of the cartoon!

Oh my God, I love it! I think it looks great and I am pumped about the new show! :rock

:rock!

Info and pics:

Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron ($30)

Check out the first ever Voltron action figure from Mattel! Completely authentic to the original series, he’s highly poseable with 22 points of articulation and can transform into different action poses. Comes complete with a translucent sword so you can "Form Blazing Sword!" Blazing Sword Voltron will only be available at SDCC and on MattyCollector.com..

Voltron_001_md.jpg

Voltron_002_md.jpg

Voltron_003_md.jpg

Voltron_004_md.jpg

Yeah im still not really digging it to much, but depending on the price tag I might pick one up just because Im such a super robot nerd.

The SDCC exclusive looks cool but I'm holding out for the deluxe lions and the 2-3 foot Voltron (LION or GTFO).

Yeah looking at those pics again, to me it looks like the toynami vinyl has more detail than the Mattel figure does. I'll probably pass on that and save my $30 for something else.

Im not sure what you posted since I cant see it at work Kuzeh, but maybe its the new trailer for the voltron show?

If it is after seeing the new trailer...I dont know what to think, the animation looks terrible. I'll be curiuos to see the toys of the new designs.

that new figure looks awesome. i will buy any and all voltron stuff.

Last edited:
the new cartoon looks so-so i guess, but i'm sure it's aimed at today's kids and not us 80's old-timers. at least the lion designs seem pretty basic and not over the top, alien-bug designs like Bayformers. i'm sure if the Voltron movie comes to pass, they will look like the Bayformer designs.

overall, i'm glad for this new cartoon cuz it means we are going to get new toys based on vintage designs.

Looks OK.
I think I'll watch the first few episodes and see what the story is like.
The animation looks pretty good. Definitely better than the '80s. :)

That looks like ____. Terrible cellshaded CGI, bland character designs and it looks like it was animated in flash. The only good thing about it was the design for Voltron. I hope the writing is good, because if it isn't, this will be a flaming, unwatchable turd.

Back