Very, very angry!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Death? Heavens, no. No, I truly believe that, in all things, the punishment should fit the crime.

In the spirit of that philosophy, you should cut off all of her fingers...

Khev said:

If her big ass got that close to the statue to break the fingers immagine what she would have done to a case. She woudl have probably knocked the whole thing onto the floor.

I hold onto poo like that, too long probably. She wouldnt be allowed in my house for a long time.

You deff have more self controll then I do.

Jesse

Anthos said:
The statue was placed in an out of the way area that walking through that section was quite frankly stupid.

Again, I am sorry for your misshap.

However, it has been my experience that whenever you have careless non-collectors, children or any other visitors for that matter it is better to anticipate any unlikely scenario. Unlikely scenarios are only unlikely until they happen. Call me paranoid or whatever, but I would HATE to be put on a postion to be angry with somebody who I am related to or care about enough to let them inside my home over a broken collectible.

The only way to avoid that is to do what you have to do. Buy a bigger case, place the item in a higher elevation area, etc. Otherwise you are taking a risk. That's all I am saying... :cool:

if shes spending the night go in the bed room this might take a while but get serain(sp) wrap and youll need a partner if anyone is willing to help:D u just go under and over the bed making sure u get the arms really well and just keep doing that until u run out then flip the bed so that bed is on top of her and she cant move :rotfl

SolidLiquidFox said:
...but I would HATE to be put on a postion to be angry with somebody who I am related to or care about enough to let them inside my home over a broken collectible...

What if hypothetically speaking some jerk you are very close to broke a skirt off your favorite collectible say an Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman because they were careless even though it was in a safe location? Can you hate them forever? Probably because I think I'm an idiot for doing it. As a matter of fact I don't think I've ever apologised to myself. I think I'll have to kick my ass. I really hate myself. What a jerk I am.

PS. This is a true story. :( :banghead

My wife told me yesterday that she told her that she felt she wasn't allowed over our house anymore. As much as I would like to permanently ban her, for my child's sake she can come over but no more basement for her, even if my daughter is down there with me. Still irks me I never got an apology, but cash money for a replacement will go along way.

Ouch, that hurts. But it is only money and she is a relative. You want cash? Just accept it and move on. I know how you feel though...no apology is what would hurt me more than a broken collectible.

Anthos said:
My wife told me yesterday that she told her that she felt she wasn't allowed over our house anymore.

Still irks me I never got an apology.

OMG, first she says Oh and walks away... Then she becomes martyristic about it?..Trying to become the victim?

How pathetic..

It gets even better. I mentioned that of course I would have to make jokes about it now and was told not to because she wouldn't find it funny. Well, I suppose I shouldn't inconvenience her anymore. :lol

Bodie The Cursed said:
OMG, first she says Oh and walks away... Then she becomes martyristic about it?..Trying to become the victim?

How pathetic..

Anthos said:
It gets even better. I mentioned that of course I would have to make jokes about it now and was told not to because she wouldn't find it funny. Well, I suppose I shouldn't inconvenience her anymore. :lol

Sounds like she is more fragile than Spidey's fingers..:monkey1

Anthos said:
My wife told me yesterday that she told her that she felt she wasn't allowed over our house anymore. As much as I would like to permanently ban her, for my child's sake she can come over but no more basement for her, even if my daughter is down there with me. Still irks me I never got an apology, but cash money for a replacement will go along way.

It may not always seem it, but the thing about the daughter-mother bond is that it is greater than the wife-husband bond.

I still cannot understand why she never apologized. I get the feeling that had she done that, we probably wouldn't even have been told this story or at least you wouldn't have been as pissed as you were.

Bannister said:
I still cannot understand why she never apologized. I get the feeling that had she done that, we probably wouldn't even have been told this story or at least you wouldn't have been as pissed as you were.

I think I still would have told the story, though I don’t think it would have been much of a discussion beyond that.

Dude that sucks!!! But live and learn.. I don't display anything where people can touch them.

I used to have figs at work.. So did my cube mate... then this guy came by picked up one of his Figs and accidently broke off an arm. It was only a 9$ fig but non-the less I took all my stuff home after that!

With these expensive SS figs that you can't simply replace.. I'm going to put them in a Locked Cabinet!

Hey everybody, I would like to personally thank Mookeylama for selling me his spare Spidey figure from the Hulk Vs. Spider-man statue that my mother in law broke a few weeks ago. He was kind enough to sell it to me cheap and it really has meant a lot to me. It arrived in the mail yesterday and everything is right with the world again! Thanks again bud!

Adam

Back