Very, very angry!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least your dad in law seems level headed.. SHE however sounds like a ****. SO incredibly rude not to offer an apology. Seems this peice has been cursed since day 1 for you friend..

Very sorry to hear about your statue, it is nice of your father-in-law to replace it. Well, look at it this way, she'll burn in Hell ;). No mothers day gift for her!!

Bodie The Cursed said:
At least your dad in law seems level headed.. SHE however sounds like a ****. SO incredibly rude not to offer an apology. Seems this peice has been cursed since day 1 for you friend..

Yeah, first the whole debacle with Fed Ex, now this. This was a cursed piece. The important thing is that I will get some replacement. It was just a very rude thing to do on her part, the skank.

you should trip her down the stairs and said 'OH'. nah just joking that's bad.

well glad the hubby offered replacement, so everything should turn out fine now i hope. since she still hasnt said sorry, i guess she should not be a welcome guest in the future. or just make her go right upstairs whenever she comes to visit. bar her from the living room or wherever your collection are displayed.

wow i would've blown up on them. whenever we had guests over i made sure to lock my room up. and on my door i had a custom sign made that says "do not touch unless touched first" i think i would've been more pissed that she didnt offer an apology than anything else. common sense would say "hey! that statue on the shelf in the corner looks nice and i probably shouldn't squeeze my jabba ass through the opening." then after she played it off i would politely tell my wife that they are not welcome in the house again.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. My wife and I had a baby a month ago and it would just cause way more undo stress to bar her from the house. That being said, she isn't allowed in the theatre room again even if the baby is there. Still pisses me off even after sleeping on it.

hairlesswookiee said:
wow i would've blown up on them. whenever we had guests over i made sure to lock my room up. and on my door i had a custom sign made that says "do not touch unless touched first" i think i would've been more pissed that she didnt offer an apology than anything else. common sense would say "hey! that statue on the shelf in the corner looks nice and i probably shouldn't squeeze my jabba ass through the opening." then after she played it off i would politely tell my wife that they are not welcome in the house again.

Not to be the bad guy of this thread, but, dude...displaying that thing on a side table is just asking for trouble. Anywhere near an open area is a BAD idea.

Find a case for it or set it on top of a bookcase if you must. Otherwise keep it in the box.

With all due respect, that’s not exactly fair. By that rational, anything out in the open would be open to that scrutiny and it’s not really possible to keep everything under lock in key. If were assuming that, then yes, I deserved having the statue broken but I don’t feel that is really realistic. The statue was placed in an out of the way area that walking through that section was quite frankly stupid. Also, I don’t know if you own the Hulk vs Spidey statue, but very, very few cabinets could hold the piece due to its size. I put it their because I was confident that it wouldn’t be messed with. She really did go out of her way to position herself and consequency broke the piece.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Not to be the bad guy of this thread, but, dude...displaying that thing on a side table is just asking for trouble. Anywhere near an open area is a BAD idea.

Find a case for it or set it on top of a bookcase if you must. Otherwise keep it in the box.

She probabaly thinks its just a toy and dont know the value. Let her know the deal and the price, mabye that would help.

Anthos sorry about the statue but you shouldn't be mad because your mother-in-law broke it. After all, it's only a piece of plastic. ;) However, you should be irate that your mother-in-law is in your house period. Down with mother-in-laws!!! :thwak :lol

Anthos said:
...My wife and I had a baby a month ago...
SolidLiquidFox said:
...displaying that thing on a side table is just asking for trouble...
Anthos said:
With all due respect, that’s not exactly fair...

First point, congratulations! :fest

Second point, you will find out in about a year or so why having a statue in that spot is a bad idea. :)

Third point, you should still be angry with your mother-in-law as she should have at least apologised. Any half way decent person would have regardless of who they are.

I know it was stated above, but really - why even have that valuable
a statue at a low level like that, where bad things can (and did) happen? :confused:

Put up some chest or eye-level shelves, and have them on the wall
where there'd be no possible chance or cause for somebody to bump them.

Still, sorry about your misery, and the only good thing is it wasn't a grey.

JS :(

Anthos, I would've calmly taken her by the hand, not saying a word, walked her over to the nearest window, placed her hand on the sill...and slammed it shut!!! Then I would have said, "Eye for an eye" and hope that her Dr.'s bills came out to more than $400.00.

The ill Jedi said:
Anthos, I would've calmly taken her by the hand, not saying a word, walked her over to the nearest window, placed her hand on the sill...and slammed it shut!!! Then I would have said, "Eye for an eye" and hope that her Dr.'s bills came out to more than $400.00.

And then said "Oh" and walked away. :rotfl

Back