Do not buy ARH products!!! You've been warned!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snadinator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been 2 years since I finished paying off the ARH Huntress. I preordered it during NYCC 2014 in October of 2014. We were promised by Payman Aflatooni, aka Alex, aka Averone, that preorders at NYCC 2014 would have a separate smaller ES, better packaging, shipped first, and include a signed print/poster by Frazetta Jr.

Here I am 2 years later fighting with Arahom and Spencer. They can't deliver the signed print by Frazetta Jr. They shipped everywhere but mine. All the promised they made, worthless.

So I asked for a refund and they refuse. By law they are obligated to do so -> https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rul...-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order

But no, Arahom refuses and wants to proceed with shipping it. Arahom just ignores what I say and persists on finally shipping it after asking for a refund numerous times.

I got their ARH Frazetta Barbarian. It's a complete POS. It's laughably badly painted, eggshell thin, cheap plastics, terrible crumbly white foam, no artbox. The mold wasn't cleaned up right as there are things fused together such as the girls thighs. Out of the 50 or so statues I have purchased, this is by far the worse one I have ever received. I don't want the ARH Huntress anymore. Their delays are beyond unreasonable. Their products are trash. Their owner is shady and they don't keep their promises.

DO NOT BUY ARH. They are conmen.

----

Sent: December 16, 2016 5:20 PM
To: Snadden, Jesse
Subject: Re: Missing statues

Hi Jesse,

You ordered this statue from my website as a pre-order, so you were well aware the statue was not ready to ship, and that it would take time to be produced. I have spent time, money and resources to produce the statue for you. The delay was unfortunate and unforeseeable, and we deeply apologize for it, but this alone does not constitute a reason for a refund. As I said, I will ship your Huntress this next week.

Despite of the delay, we are fulfilling with our part of the deal. I'm really sorry that we don't live in a perfect world, and something unforeseen events happen. Dealing with the problems the best way possible is all we can do.

Arahom Radjah
ARH ComiX Inc.
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 12:52:40 PM
To: ARH ComiX
Subject: RE: Missing statues

No I want a refund on Huntress. Do not ship the statue. I am legally entitled at this point to have a –full- refund including the shipping. Please process my refund.

Jesse Snadden

Sent: December 16, 2016 2:46 PM
To: Snadden, Jesse
Subject: Re: Missing statues

Hello Jesse,

We are sorry for the delay on shipping your Huntress, but we will be shipping it out this next week for sure. We will send you a very low edition number with a COA signed by me. We have encountered several difficulties this year regarding the shipping of our orders, but we are finally getting everything in order, and I apologize for the long wait.

best,

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 2:01 AM
To: Arahom Radjah Bernacchi
Subject: RE: Missing statues

It’s been over 2 weeks now since I requested my refund for Huntress. Where is my -full- refund for Huntress?

Need I remind you that you are obligated by law (https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rul...-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order) to provide a –full- refund as you have not provided the product within the specified time and I never consented to any delays.

Inexplicable Green paint smeared on his skin and face

20161215_154641.jpg

WTF?
20161215_154651.jpg

WTF man. Her eyeliner, bloodshot eyes, the green crap smeared above her giant bugeyes. Check where here jaw contacts her shoulder. Just awful.

20161215_153105.jpg

This is just a small sampling. The base is horrible and flat. There are molding issues with the cast. The swords are really cheap bendable vinyl.

I don't think ARH is a Bad Company or Con-Men at all. I've bought many statues from them and never had an issue. Whenever I contacted them by E-Mail I received a reply within a day. Whenever I called they answered.
Delays happen all the time. You just have to be patient. Sideshow is often a year late and PCS had some two years late.
I have the Frazetta Barbarian and think it looks Amazing. I have never read of anyone that hated theirs before. All the reviews I have read were always positive.
But I do agree with you that you should be entitled to a Full Refund no questions asked. Anytime Sideshow or PCS is late with a piece and you wanna cancel your order, they cancel it and give you the Full Refund and Deposit back. No questions asked. Really surprised ARH is not honoring that delay in shipping rule.

I don't think ARH is a Bad Company or Con-Men at all.

Go to statueforum and see how pissed off everyone is there for e-mails not replied to, promises not kept, and people unable to reach anybody. It's all over the FB pages too.

As for refunding when late, it's the law!! Notice they have blanked out their refund and cancellation pages on their site? That is shady as ****.

I've been preaching the same thing to people Snad. They're a terrible company with no redeeming qualities. If I hadn't already told my story so many times in other places, I'd share it again. To make it short, they don't follow their own agreement, they blatantly lied about the product I received(didn't come with a signed print as solicited) and when it arrived after 25 month on order, it had several broken pieces. This was a $700 product we're talking about. I genuinely would love to see them go out of business.

Inexplicable Green paint smeared on his skin and face

View attachment 311243

WTF?
View attachment 311244

WTF man. Her eyeliner, bloodshot eyes, the green crap smeared above her giant bugeyes. Check where here jaw contacts her shoulder. Just awful.

View attachment 311245

This is just a small sampling. The base is horrible and flat. There are molding issues with the cast. The swords are really cheap bendable vinyl.

Thanks for the pics.
The green on Conan is trying to replicate the original art. The older Moore Barbarian does the same thing. ARH has toned it down a lot and IMO should have got rid of it altogether.
The green eye shadow on the girl doesn't seem to appear on the original art to me but I went back and looked at other peoples pics on Statueforum and it does appear to be on all of them. No one else mentions it or has a problem with it apparently .... though I agree with you, I don't think it looks good.

Hopefully your Huntress arrives looking better but from what I've seen, they appear to have had a lot of problems with googly eyes on the cats. Its obvious in many of the photos that have been put up. If they're going to send it to you no matter what, it might be worth biting the bullet and at least asking Arahom to personally check it and if necessary repaint the eyes himself to ensure they are aligned properly (which is very little work)

I agree that they should honor the full refund on delayed items, no questions asked. Averone always seemed like a stand up guy. I assume ARH being a smaller business is encountering rough times but still doesn't excuse honoring basic customer services. The full refund on delayed items is a must if you want to maintain a good standing with people who buy your product. Sideshow is excellent when it comes to that sort of thing. Hopefully Ave will see this and honor it in the end.

Never had a problem with them, minus a small break on my Arhian statue, you're right about the low quality packing materials.

Sounds like the Frazetta line practically killed ARH. Basically theyre at a point where for every 1 collector there is who gets their demanded refund, theres another who wont get their statue shipped to them. Which of those two customers do you fight for? Their new statues are paying for shipping on their old ones. Gotta say at least he's trying to do whats best for everyone as a whole. Would be easier to declare bankrupsy and everybody's out statue and money.

Glad to have gotten my Death Dealer 1 after all the delays. It is an awesome awesome statue. Barbarian wont be done again probably for a long time and probably never again in this scale. IMO keep it till you can afford a professional paintup. Maybe not perfect but far from terrible from the pics Ive seen.

I learned a while back how bush league this company has become.Good luck mate

I agree that they should honor the full refund on delayed items, no questions asked. Averone always seemed like a stand up guy. I assume ARH being a smaller business is encountering rough times but still doesn't excuse honoring basic customer services. The full refund on delayed items is a must if you want to maintain a good standing with people who buy your product. Sideshow is excellent when it comes to that sort of thing. Hopefully Ave will see this and honor it in the end.

Ave doesn't work for ARH anymore. I tried asking him for a refund in February and he gave me the run around. Telling me to message their ARH address only to be told they don't refund... I didn't know it was the law back then. He would give me some BS answer after that he was only responsible for the comics. FFS it was a 2-3 man shop. Back in February he did work for ARH.

Last edited:
I bought my DD1 from a german dealer not the exclusive ,but a perfect regular:)

I thought their Tarzan and ape piece looked pretty cool, still want to see what the finished production piece looks like. Almost sounds like I may have dodged a bullet not ordering.

I have 4 statues from them... every one of them looked just like the prototype and arrived in perfect condition. The packing materials on the last 2 (1/3rd Arkhalla and Arhian City of Horrors) was as good as any other company I've gotten statues from. True, they don't have an art box, but that's not something I care about anyway. I see it when I unpack the statue for the first time, then it goes back in the shipper and into the attic. The last 2 statues were double boxed with styrofoam just like Sideshow uses.

I agree they should give the refund and though I haven't had to deal with their customer service, I've heard bad things. That doesn't mean all their statues are awful though... Several of them are among my favorites and I have several others on pre-order with them right now. Hopefully they will work on improving their customer service now that the giant backlog of statues have mostly been shipped.

I still have not recieved my 2014 Huntress NY EX either. No emails with updates on it. No feedback from them. No apologies.

I thought their Tarzan and ape piece looked pretty cool, still want to see what the finished production piece looks like. Almost sounds like I may have dodged a bullet not ordering.

Mine is fully paid off. Currently scheduled for end February so we'll see what that means.

Back