Very, very angry!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Long story short, one of my In laws just broke my Spidery vs Hulk Sideshow. I am the height of pissed right now! Worst part, the statue was next to a support pole by the chair. For some stupid reason, she went between thepole and the table the statue sits on (where their is no reason to go) and her leg roughly brushed against Spidey's fingers, breaking them off!!! I didn't want to wake my daughter who was right there, so I had to refrain from yelling but I told her that she just ruined a $400 statue, and not even an apology!!! She just said "Oh" and walked back upstairs. So what do you folks think, torture or quick death?

100_1441.jpg

SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF THOSE..NEXT TIME PUT ALL OF YOUR STATUES IN A CABINET.F'N IN-LAWS...:monkey4

Your a better man than I am Anthos. You did the right thing but I know I couldn't of held my tongue, NO WAY IN HELL. My god I'm getting heated up just thinking about it and it's not even my situation. Anthos just make it through this day buddy and you'll feel better tomorrow, spidey's broken fingers will haunt you still but you'll feel better. Sorry this happened and like Shai said, F*cking In-Laws!

That's why I don't let anyone near my collection! It's mine! MINE! My preciousssss.

sorry to hear about the mishaps man. You did the right thing by not yelling. If I were you, I'll tell the parents and tell them to buy you a new one in trade for the broken piece one.

...also, i think Mookey is selling just the spiderman on his ebay auction.

I would say torture and slow death...........:D

On a serious note, I'm really sorry about your damaged statue! If it was me, I would have yelled at her and ask her to leave my freakin' f'kin house! :emperor

I would offer to help pay for a liposuction on her thighs and rear. This situation is baaaad ju-ju all the way around. You're gonna just have to suck it up. Thass why I'm glad I live 600 miles from my in-laws and 2000 miles from my own family and none of them like to travel. :D

Oh guys, it's just so frustrating because their was no reason for her to go through their like that! It's been an hour and the &@#$ still hasn't offered any reperation! As Homer would say "Anger rising...."

Sorry to hear that happened to you.
The problem is no one outside of other
collectors understand the monetary
and nonmonetary value of what we collect.
I collect 1/6 figures. My dear sweet old mother
asks me all the time if I am still collecting dolls.
It's easier for her to accept that as I am a woman.
But still no one in my family gets it.
Hope she understands and forks over some cash.

Anyone in your situation right now needs an apology PERIOD! Thats the part that would kill me the most honestly. Just tell this in-law you seriously are upset and NEED that apology. I bet it would make you feel better, I would.

you should definitely get an apology, and i would try to guilt trip her for the rest of the day, she will say, oh the drive over took forever, you say yeah i know what you mean i waited about 6 months to get that hulk statue in mint condition. she says oh when is dinner you say well its tough to cook with no fingers...she says dinner is great, you say yeah you should love the visine i put in your food when your on the crapper all day you worthless in law you lol

She is so flakey it's not even funny. Yes, I agree that an apology is needed, but I'm not going to hand hold her through what should be an automatic given. I'm looking into that auction Mookey has going, maybe I can salvage this. I just keep screaming in my head:

"Why, why why did you do that?"

Anthos said:
She is so flakey it's not even funny. Yes, I agree that an apology is needed, but I'm not going to hand hold her through what should be an automatic given. I'm looking into that auction Mookey has going, maybe I can salvage this. I just keep screaming in my head:

"Why, why why did you do that?"
Ask her what she would do if you took $400.00 from her, burned it in front of her and when she called you on it you just said "oh."

Im Sorry to hear this news.

Its always bad when when WE as collectors accidentally break or damage one of our own but when some other tit does's it its more than twice as bad.

I think you have great patience my friend. I would have probably exploded, especially seen as no apology was forthcoming.

I would go with a slow death, or maybe if you did buy another one, then take the damaged piece and smack over head (you will feel better :D )

Joking aside, I think when your calmer, you need to explain the value of this statue and its importance to you. You need that apology.

death of the 1001 cuts.make her pay for her ignorance.No exceptions!!!!

i have already punished an aunty for breaking the opening lever on my 1:1 hellboy revolver.:devil i found this method very theraputic:lol

Back