UPDATED Dyed Rayon cape NOW AVAILABLE thread & Hero template capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest in Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the films

Curious to see what you've cooked up Lance.

The pattern is actually a little confusing to look at but I got it now. I will be posting pics of the prototype this weekend

definitely interested. count me in for a begins style cape.

Both the dark knight and begins capes are exactly the same.

Both the dark knight and begins capes are exactly the same.

So will this new cape have some sewing involved or will it be cut from one piece of material? I'm curious to know what will be involved in making it. If there's one of yours capes I'll pick up, this sounds like the one I'll be getting.

So will this new cape have some sewing involved or will it be cut from one piece of material? I'm curious to know what will be involved in making it. If there's one of yours capes I'll pick up, this sounds like the one I'll be getting.

here ya go...just on page back..
I understand there have been a lot of people on this forum that have boughten not just one of my capes but many and I am not doing this to make money rather than do it for the most accurate batman look. It is much more complex and even sewing is involved with this pattern....

Last edited:

here ya go...just on page back..

Thanks bud, it's hard to keep up with things when you miss just one post that has that info, since it wasn't in the first post. :)

Thanks bud, it's hard to keep up with things when you miss just one post that has that info, since it wasn't in the first post. :)

I hear ya man, especially in threads with 100s of pages and thousands of posts! I've just stopped going to threads that are really long now :lol

But to stay on topic, can't way to see what I guess what will be you're prototype lforigno!!!

I may be interested, depending on price and pics. I have your Begins cape on my OC Bats and the TDK on my DX02. If this looks that much better though id definitely consider picking one up for each.

I made my first prototype and have the basic concept of the template down. I think at 1/6 scale the actual template how the cape connects is just not feasable as it will take many people modding their figures. I will make the capes using the exact dimensions of the hero cape template but the way the cape connects to a 1/6 will remain close to the same I am using now. The cape would definitely work at a little larger scale but I would need real 1/6 cape clips and mod the suit. If anyone would like a begins or tdk cape using the dimensions please let me know. I will only charge what I did using the other template. It is 25 shipped for both tdk and begins capes using the new dimensions.

That's a shame

Out of curiousity what kind of modding are you talking about? I am never afraid to rip my stock figures apart :lol

I'll probably be in for new capes with the new dimensions though anyway

There are 4 holes in the cape that need to attach to the Cape clips which in turn have to be in the suit which is in the wrong place to begin with so you would have to punch out new holes of the begins suit.

There are 4 holes in the cape that need to attach to the Cape clips which in turn have to be in the suit which is in the wrong place to begin with so you would have to punch out new holes of the begins suit.

Oh I see - something to keep in mind for the future ;)

At 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale this would work but with the rubber used by hot toys it is just more realistic to use the template but connect it using the same type of design but possibly modified slightly.

Will you be showing us pics of how the capes look on both Begins and TDK Bat figures?

I'm really interested to see how these look

Will you be showing us pics of how the capes look on both Begins and TDK Bat figures?

I'm really interested to see how these look

I do not have a begins or tdk figure but I can definitely show how they look on an advanced truetype.

I've never heard of a hero cape... what is this you speak of.

Im interested. I love your capes man. :)

I've never heard of a hero cape... what is this you speak of.

It is the actual design of the cape used on the film and was bales main walking cape and the cape you saw in the shots where the entire cape is shown. It will be made using the exacts measurements from the length, to the width, and even the height at which the scallops go up.

Back