Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to Bow out man..... just work out a plan that works for you & your future customers, You just needed the correct balance & got overwhelmed. You might not be able to make living on the new model, but you'll be happier & more creative & your customers will be happy

Thanks guys...

My plan, and one that I plan to completely stick to...

1: Commissions only accepted on a case by case basis and paid upon completion.

2: Full figure customs will only be done for my own enjoyment or collection. I will still sell them, but again... only once they are completed.

3: Every item will be mailed with delivery confirmation within 3 days of payment, bar none.... no more set backs.

4: I will more than likely do most of my work off of this website. I will only come here to showcase work and chat with people in my thread.

Thanks guys...

2: Full figure customs will only be done for my own enjoyment or collection. I will still sell them, but again... only once they are completed.

3: Every item will be mailed with delivery confirmation within 3 days of payment, bar none.... no more set backs.

4: I will more than likely do most of my work off of this website. I will only come here to showcase work and chat with people in my thread.

Sounds like a good plane buddy :clap

I think your main set back with the last one was that you accepted to much work for to small a price.
When i started out taking commissions i took this on board and it mean some people will get turned down but if they really are a fan of your work they will wait until you can.

Another tool that might be a thing to use is ebay. I sold one of your Ash heads on there last year and would of been happy with £20 but i got £50 for it.
It might even be a good idea to make a few extra things to put on ebay now for a little extra cash now as no one can expect you solely work on your backlog if you have no money.

Thanks guys...

That's a great plan and I sincerely hope that you are able to come out of this and use your talents to help you make a living, pay the bills and enjoy the hobby again. However, I sincerely hope that before you make your glorious RISE out of the ashes and start taking commissions again, that you have fully reimbursed every person on this board who has lost money because of deals with you. I'm talking about fully refunding people who paid upfront but got incomplete figures back, or unfinished work back. Reimbursing people who commissioned you but had to pay someone else to finish the job, as well as people who have had to pay for shipping of the figures multiple times. I think its only fair that you have completely satisfied every single member who commissioned you before you open shop and start taking people's money again.

It will be very hard to try to do that, csi... I don't have records of many of those older transactions, and many of the people who I have finished work for... and stuff that is ready to mail out... haven't contacted me so I can mail the stuff out. It's a complete mess.

I plan to reimburse all the people who contact me about it, once I am working a good enough job to be able to afford it.

But it's like I was saying, I'm not coming back here to take commissions. And I am not going to have this be my "job" like it used to be. I'm only going to be here to share art primarily, not to take on commissions.

And finally, no matter what I do.. I won't be able to make up for it completely. I've refunded several members, and will continue to do so once I have money to do it.

Tonight I put Jason on a body and dressed him... put together a holster also. I also put the H2 Myers on a body and weathered the coveralls. I weathered the coveralls for H1 but haven't drilled out the neck yet to put him on it. I'm also putting final touches on Gladiator heads... so they are almost done as well.

I realized tonight that I am completely out of boots. I am going to try to find a way to scrounge some funds so I can get Boots for Jason and the two Myers figures.

Thanks man... I am excited about getting this done. It's not a perfect situation, and it is insanely late... But I'm just happy to finally be able to do something to make it as right as it can be.

Pics!

CustomUpdate7-31001.jpg

CustomUpdate7-31002.jpg

CustomUpdate7-31003.jpg

CustomUpdate7-31004.jpg

CustomUpdate7-31005.jpg

CustomUpdate7-31006.jpg

Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! I am trying to figure something out for the boots so I can go ahead and mail out your stuff. I think I have a way around it, so I will give you an update tonight and we will start planning for shipment.

Reply sent Joe! I had a brainfart... I swore that I sent the reply.. I must have done it in my head while I was reading and didn't actually send it. I feel old. :lol

Thanks Dwing.. glad to be back! :D

Tonight I got a bit further with the Gladiator heads... did the weathering on the helmet for the last helmeted head.. and did the final hair touch ups on the other two heads.. added the moles and started the final eye detail. Just needs the eyes and a clear coat and they are done!

I also am putting finishing touches on a TDK Joker Bank Robber head as well. I am really happy with the results for that one.. I had the soundtrack on and it got me really into the paint process for the makeup. I still need to do a bit more with the mouth and finish the eyes and hair.. but it's almost there.

268254_4323276488362_157146155_n.jpg

427105_4323266128103_244574144_n.jpg

182181_4323270248206_1196709998_n.jpg

Hey guys... I just wanted to keep you all updated on what is going on in my life...

My Dad was hospitalized today for chest pain and is now going to have bypass surgery this Thursday. It is even scarier due to the fact that he has COPD (emphysema). So please keep him in your thoughts...

I will still paint and try to get work done... so it's not going to stop my work.. But I wanted to let you know just in case I don't respond immediately to any emails or PM's.

Thanks Neehar... he needs all the luck he can get. I will know more by the weekend.

As for the Bane mask, I scored it in a trade on Ebay. I was selling some stuff to fund parts money, and was selling a couple of Loomis heads. A guy made a deal to trade one painted and one unpainted Loomis head for the Bane mask. I have repainted it to get it closer to screen accurate, and now I just need to paint the back side.

Tonight I got the boots situation taken care of for the Myers and the Remake Jason. I weathered the boots for the Remake figure also. I also finished the hair for the Bank Robber Joker and started on his eyes. Also did the Gladiator eyes as well. I also found a Smeagol bust, not sure who sent it to me but I started painting it. The skin is finished and the hair and eyebrows are started.

nice of you to return , I hope you stay here. I'm glad to see your getting stuff done and people aren't yelling at you like last time. You were a huge part of getting me into this crazy hobby. I have faith in you, I stood up for you last time, and sort of felt like an ass afterwards cause you pretty much disappeared again. I don't wanna feel like an ass again. :rotfl

Also, my thoughts and prayers go to your father.

Back