Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rogster.... and sorry for leaving you hanging and feeling like an ass last time. :lol

I'm committed, and this time I am going to get this done no matter what. I am officially a couple of resin parts away from being completely done with all the backed up stuff. I still have a lot to mail, and a few people that I really want to refund once I have money.. but it's almost done.

The end is near.

:rock Thanks guys! I am glad to have finally fulfilled my destiny on that long awaited project. It weighed heavily on my soul, and I am sooo happy to have finally come through. (Next thing I need to do is to refund Chase for all those heads I had to send back :( )

Thanks Rogster.... and sorry for leaving you hanging and feeling like an ass last time. :lol

I'm committed, and this time I am going to get this done no matter what. I am officially a couple of resin parts away from being completely done with all the backed up stuff. I still have a lot to mail, and a few people that I really want to refund once I have money.. but it's almost done.

The end is near.

good to read man! When you finish up the backlog, you're staying, under those rules you posted right? Itd be cool to get some stuff done by you later on.

Glad to hear it man! I'm still glad you loved those two so much. :rock

Tonight's lineup was pretty small, as I am going to bed a bit earlier just in case my Dad calls me before his surgery.. But I finished the Gladiator heads, sealed and glossed them. I finished the Joker BR version head and started on the bases for the Gladiator PF's. I also set up all the parts for the Gladiator PF's so I can get started on them over the weekend.

Damn , I'd forgotten about that Jack Torrence , didn't you do a hedge with that ?. It sucks not being able to go back and see all that great work that was in your thread.

Sorry to hear about your Dad also , with all the stuff that has happened surely things can only start getting better soon !. :thud:

Thanks Tay! Yeah, I did a hedge for it too... It was rough, and I wish I would have been more experienced for it.. But it came out good.

And yeah, my Dad is having his triple bypass as we speak... so we are all crossing our fingers and hoping that this ends well. I don't need any more personal tragedy in my life. If I lose my Dad, I don't know what I would do. Losing Mom almost destroyed me.

Thanks man... I do have an update on my Dad.. he is out of surgery and doing well. He's recovering and I should know more in the coming few days. I am incredibly relieved. They said his lungs are still shot, but his heart should heal up nicely.

Here is my update for the night! Gladiator mass production is in effect and we are plodding right along there.

562911_4340386316097_691186910_n.jpg

And I do have a bit of an update on the art/job front that is very exciting and cool. I am going to start work on something soon that might be a foot in the door for work in the figure industry, and I will be sure to keep you informed of how that goes.

It's nothing big, but it is something that would at least let me do what I love while also being able to set things right with people here. I will be able to maybe do some refunds, and send off the rest of the completed work.

I only have 3 more things to finish and I am completely caught up. The Gladiator statues, a Predator statue, and a predator body (which is already 70 % done). I will be finished. But I still need to set things right with people who got work mailed back to them incomplete. If this job and my teaching job search come through... I will be able to take care of that as well.

And I do have a bit of an update on the art/job front that is very exciting and cool. I am going to start work on something soon that might be a foot in the door for work in the figure industry, and I will be sure to keep you informed of how that goes.

It's nothing big, but it is something that would at least let me do what I love while also being able to set things right with people here. I will be able to maybe do some refunds, and send off the rest of the completed work.

I only have 3 more things to finish and I am completely caught up. The Gladiator statues, a Predator statue, and a predator body (which is already 70 % done). I will be finished. But I still need to set things right with people who got work mailed back to them incomplete. If this job and my teaching job search come through... I will be able to take care of that as well.

thats great to hear, things are starting to look up

Having nothing to do with this, I am still very impressed and happy to see you making good of this situation. Respect.

Tonight was an all silver night. 3 hours straight of painting silver accents on the Gladiator armor. My eyes are losing focus... so I am calling it a night. I still have One chest armor and two arms left to do.

I also weathered the blue cloth portions of the statues. And I painted the sand and black portions of the bases. :D

Haven't updated in a few days, but I am working dilligently on finishing the Maximus statues. I painted the boots and am finishing the silver accents. It's all very involved and takes a long time, so it's been slow going. I just need to finish the detail work and I can start dremel work to get everything to fit together before they are both done and I can move on.

I also am weathering the Myers figures, adding blood spray and such. I still need to paint the H2 scalpel and the H1 Knife, so that is to come as well.

Back