Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pete, I love how that head came out as well! I was worried I had stayed away for too long! But the rust went away pretty quick. :lol

And don't worry man, I won't be hanging up the brushes. It's a part of who I am, so that won't be happening. I'm just retooling my business model. I won't be doing group commissions or anything crazy in bulk like that.

I want to sculpt some more 1:1 scale stuff, maybe offer resin copies. I will also be experimenting with canvas work, and still try to make custom figures when I can. I need to step up my game with the figures, and I plan to do whatever I can to do that. So I won't be stopping... it's a part of my DNA and I couldn't stop if I tried.

That's evident in the pics painting must be like riding a bike :lol

Great to hear you will keep at it and i look forward to seeing your results.

C'mon....!
Whats up with the Puller heads?

so mysterious

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Great job on the sculpts , Jason and Myers look great. :)
Love that Myers canvas also , it's poses like that that make the character rather than violent scenes.
Calm and calculating , slow and creepy, Michael Myers !.

Thanks man... Yeah, I love it because of that fact... very calm and chilling.. not a violent scene in any way. It almost looks peaceful. :lol

Sorry for not posting anything last night guys, but my Wife was off so I took the night off to spent time with the family. But tonight I was back at it again!

Tonight was primarily about the TOD Indy. I am very close to completion on it, finished much of the head details save for hat touchups and hair. I finished the body, it just needs some touches in the back and final weathering.

I also finished the paint work for the Jason Remake mask, and will add straps to that and the other Jason mask I have here in the coming days.

I will be sending out some quotes this coming week, as well as try to contact some of the other people who I have finished stuff for. I hope to get done with the Myers figures this week, as well as finish the Maximus statue heads (I have three left).

There goes a 4 year secret.... :rotfl

Here are some update pics for TOD Indy... with newly modded feet.

487672_4264211531775_1945096479_n.jpg

531178_4264211651778_1351631323_n.jpg

564053_4264212051788_690485733_n.jpg

552721_4264212331795_262912809_n.jpg

484020_4264212531800_1321429333_n.jpg

531297_4264212891809_740622104_n.jpg

526483_4264213011812_390756919_n.jpg

548224_4264213171816_869369776_n.jpg

Keep in mind that the hat isn't finished, eyes need final tweaks... lips need tweaks, and clothes need final weathering. But it is very very close to being finished.

Thanks Seb, I really appreciate that dude. I'm glad to be back and to be trying to rectify the situation as best as I can. It's definitely a huge relief... I'm just glad that I am feeling the creative urge again, it had been so long that I worried I wouldn't be able to recapture it.

Thanks Seb, I really appreciate that dude. I'm glad to be back and to be trying to rectify the situation as best as I can. It's definitely a huge relief... I'm just glad that I am feeling the creative urge again, it had been so long that I worried I wouldn't be able to recapture it.

Creativity isn't something that you can lost.
It's a part of yourself, it just needs a kick sometimes.
I have been through a lot of phases questionning if I should keep doin this or not but somehow you just get back to it because you need to to that.

Thanks for the pep talk man... It means a lot coming from you. Your work is an inspiration to me right now, and that is no joke. I look at that and I remember why I love this hobby and why I shouldn't give up. You've grown by leaps and bounds and it is a joy to see the results.

Update:
Just put the final touches on Indy, he is dirtied and assembled.. hair and hat work done, and gloss finished. Another one bites the dust. Now I can finally send Bwayne his swag. :D

I also finished adding straps to the two Jason masks.. so pics coming tonight on those as well.

Last edited:
Thanks man! Yeah, I agree with you on the merit of painting bodies like the TT... Most of these older bodies can still look amazing if painted right.

I have wanted to do a TOD Indy for a looong time. I am glad I was finally able to get one done, even if it did take me far too long to get going with it.

Indy looks awesome, and the paint work on his chest is fantastic! The only thing I might suggest is to swap his right arm out with one that has less joints, like maybe from the muscle bodies.

Do you have any pics of Conan with the pea soupy base and chopped off hand? :D

Yo, DA! How do I go about getting in line for completion on my remake Jason? :) Glad to see you back!

- MJ

Back