Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joe!

Sorry to everyone for being absent for a few days, but I had a lot happen on the job front. The school year is about to start, and after a TON of job applications and interviews I am finally close to getting a teaching job for the year. It's been sucking up a good amount of my free time... just refreshing old information and printing out stuff for interviews.

But now that I have it hammered out, I am going to try to get as much done before the end of the week when I have to prepare for my first class. The last couple of nights I have gotten a bit more work done on the Gladiator statues.

The silver work is a PAIN... but I am close to being done with them. I only need to do the leg armor, weather the boots, paint the sword and dremel to allow everything to fit properly. But it is almost there.

Another update: I am now gainfully employed as an 8th grade US History teacher. For the next couple of weeks the paint work will slow significantly. I am starting the school year a lot later than I wanted, so I have to get enough lessons ready to cover for coming weeks.

I will still try to get some work done when I can spare time, and on the weekends.. so expect pics soon on the Gladiator front. I should be caught up with lesson plans and such within 2 or 3 weeks.

Also, getting a job means that I will finally be in a position to pay back a few people who I feel that I owe for services that were paid but not received. It also means I can finally ship off the stuff that is sitting here complete and ready to go.

Another update: I am now gainfully employed as an 8th grade US History teacher. For the next couple of weeks the paint work will slow significantly. I am starting the school year a lot later than I wanted, so I have to get enough lessons ready to cover for coming weeks.

I will still try to get some work done when I can spare time, and on the weekends.. so expect pics soon on the Gladiator front. I should be caught up with lesson plans and such within 2 or 3 weeks.

Also, getting a job means that I will finally be in a position to pay back a few people who I feel that I owe for services that were paid but not received. It also means I can finally ship off the stuff that is sitting here complete and ready to go.

congrats on the job! Really good to hear.:yess:

Congrats on the job man. You have got to feel so ecstatic!

Thanks guys! Yeah, I am VERY happy to finally have work. I was slowly going crazy looking for work, so it is nice to put that behind me and work towards doing the best work I can. I'm also really happy that I can take care of what I owe people, without having to ask for shipping money or to hold their items for long periods.

It's also great because we can get off of food stamps and get our financial house in order. We will finally be able to save money for once too, which has never happened before. :lol

Congrats on the new job! You've got your work cut out for you though, as do all middle school teachers...Kids at that age are predominantly demon spawn. :lol

Wish you the best :duff

Just checked back here for the first time in a while. So Josh/DarkArtist81, this means I'll finally get my Jason VIII figure!?! Awesome, let me know!!

Yes indeed it does Rayrock! My momentum has slowed a bit due to the high time demand of my new job, but I am still working.

It's been a very slow month, I haven't been able to paint except for a hour here and there on the weekends. I've been grading during the weekends, as well as making PowerPoint presentations for my students so I don't get much time for much of anything. It's even impacted my Halloween traditions. I've only been able to watch ONE horror movie this month so far, and I haven't made a costume or carved a pumpkin yet.

What will absolutely happen very soon is that I will be mailing out the backlog of stuff here that is finished and ready to go. As for the painting, if I don't get anything done this month I at least have an opportunity to get more done during Thanksgiving break and then Winter break. So I anticipate that I will be able to finish everything left on my plate by the end of the year, without question.

Thanks guys! I am going to keep at it! I didn't want people to think I had disappeared again. I only have a little bit of work left, so expect more updates soon. It's almost done.

Back