Upcoming John Wick Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too bad, but not as good as top line products. top is a separate part, but doesn't slide well. magazine clip comes out, but no detail.

try making one with silk :D Wolverine shirts look very similar, but expensive.
As long as the slide moves back, I can pull off a firing pose like I have planned, so I'm okay with that.

As of now the HT shirt seems like the best bet. Think it will fit the more articulated TT18 knockoffs we've been talking about? I think the Wolverine comes with a TT19 if memory serves me right.

Okay. So here's my tentative recipe. As a first timer to kitbashing a 1/6 figure, I am open to any suggestions to modifying the set up.
Sculpt: MG
Body: eBay knockoff TT18, narrow shoulder V4
Suit Jacket: Windbreaker (Ordered)
Suit Pants Windbreaker (Ordered)
Socks: Generic no name brand
Shoes: No name brand "beets" style.
Shirt: Hot Toys The Wolverine dress shirt
Belt: Hot Toys The Wolverine Belt
Tie: Hot Toys The Wolverine Tie
Gun: Triad one mentioned above

Like I said I am very much open to any suggestions or alterations to what I haven't bought yet. With April fast approaching for sculpt availability I want to get my order in soon.

Speaking of sculpt, would you suggest I pre-order now? Do these sell out fast? Or would you say I have time to wait for some in hand pics?

Your receipt is almost mine one so I won't tell you to change anything :)
For sure you can wait to PO on the MG HS - their past history showed they have really an high number of production pieces, their NEO stuff and Tux is still available. For your info, they're gonna release a dedicated John Wick clothes set as well, price range will vary between 40 and 70usd with shipping included, if you want to wait. Quality won't be the PopToys one - just givin' out options. Their tux also included socks

As long as the slide moves back, I can pull off a firing pose like I have planned, so I'm okay with that.

As of now the HT shirt seems like the best bet. Think it will fit the more articulated TT18 knockoffs we've been talking about? I think the Wolverine comes with a TT19 if memory serves me right.

Okay. So here's my tentative recipe. As a first timer to kitbashing a 1/6 figure, I am open to any suggestions to modifying the set up.
Sculpt: MG
Body: eBay knockoff TT18, narrow shoulder V4
Suit Jacket: Windbreaker (Ordered)
Suit Pants Windbreaker (Ordered)
Socks: Generic no name brand
Shoes: No name brand "beets" style.
Shirt: Hot Toys The Wolverine dress shirt
Belt: Hot Toys The Wolverine Belt
Tie: Hot Toys The Wolverine Tie
Gun: Triad one mentioned above

Like I said I am very much open to any suggestions or alterations to what I haven't bought yet. With April fast approaching for sculpt availability I want to get my order in soon.

Speaking of sculpt, would you suggest I pre-order now? Do these sell out fast? Or would you say I have time to wait for some in hand pics?

Your receipt is almost mine one so I won't tell you to change anything :)
For sure you can wait to PO on the MG HS - their past history showed they have really an high number of production pieces, their NEO stuff and Tux is still available. For your info, they're gonna release a dedicated John Wick clothes set as well, price range will vary between 40 and 70usd with shipping included, if you want to wait. Quality won't be the PopToys one - just givin' out options. Their tux also included socks

Very nice, thanks for letting me know! I am slightly interested in parting out the shirt and tie from that set. Where did you see they are releasing the suit set? Any dates for that? I think in the end the MG is the best sculpt, so I'll prob a my stick with it, but I would still like to see it first.

I actually just got my PopToys suit pieces in today. No body (ha!) to try it on, unfortunately. I am very pleased, for the most part. I had to trim a bit of extra material off one lapel and you can see a bit of the fabric glue used on the tips of the lapels. Once futzed on a figure, I can't imagine it will look bad. What I will say is that the tailoring otherwise is excellent, extremely sharp and definitely well scaled. The buttons are in fact functional and have holes, they aren't imitation snap buttons. The pants use a very interesting small book Velcro for the fly and are well tailored too. I wish I had more parts to share with you guys but at the moment this is all I've got!

f329ce32d5baa541fdd1ef08a255e6c6.jpg

Well I'll throw a quick update in; I've got my body ordered along with the rest of my outfit. Everything stayed true to my plan aside from the belt and the tie.

I plan to modify the belt buckle to be a gunmetal grayish color, which was surprisingly hard to find. So with that I went with a cheaper belt that had a plastic buckle I could paint easier. I think it is made by Play Toy.

I went with a ZC Tie because it was a bit slimmer than the HT Wolverine tie, and I hate wide ties in real life, let alone that it would look off on the figure, I believe.

Depending on the final sheen of the shoes, I may paint them up to be a bit more matted. Not too glossy but not flat. We'll see. Either way the sole of the shoe will get the matte treatment for aesthetic improvement. In addition I will weather the edges and matte the shoe laces so they don't appear to be part of the sculpt. Perhaps some scuffing will be added to the tips of the shoe, because while a sharp dresser, Wick IS going ballistic in easily damaged shoes.

Lastly, depending on how the H&K P30l comes in from Triad, I may work some different black paints onto it to simulate different materials used to construct the weapon. Oddly enough I just looked at Urban Samurai and it would appear I ordered the last one that had available last night. Interesting.

f32c0206eee246a52ee478721f272f1a.jpg

Soon....

I had to heat up and use a flathead screwdriver to get the magazine out, but racking the slide a few times got that moving just fine. The magazine though... I'm not so certain it will come out easily once replaced again. The shoes are no name beet style, but dang are they nice looking. A bit of matte paint on the laces and soles will make them look very high quality. I'll need to iron the tie, it got bent in the package, but I think I will add a wire inside so that I can pose it in motion; I'm going for a pistol slide back, loading magazine pose when it's all said and done.

Dang those looks cool! Is that the MMS220 Wolverine shirt?
Care to show how it fit on a narrow shoulder body?

I have news from my seler that MG Toys is developing guns for John Wick, not only clothes - no idea on the sale, if they will be packaged as one or two dfferent pieces - one for clothes one for guns (at least the pistol) but that seems unlikely

f32c0206eee246a52ee478721f272f1a.jpg

Soon....

I had to heat up and use a flathead screwdriver to get the magazine out, but racking the slide a few times got that moving just fine. The magazine though... I'm not so certain it will come out easily once replaced again. The shoes are no name beet style, but dang are they nice looking. A bit of matte paint on the laces and soles will make them look very high quality. I'll need to iron the tie, it got bent in the package, but I think I will add a wire inside so that I can pose it in motion; I'm going for a pistol slide back, loading magazine pose when it's all said and done.

Dang those looks cool! Is that the MMS220 Wolverine shirt?
Care to show how it fit on a narrow shoulder body?

I have news from my seler that MG Toys is developing guns for John Wick, not only clothes - no idea on the sale, if they will be packaged as one or two dfferent pieces - one for clothes one for guns (at least the pistol) but that seems unlikely

Yup! MMS220 Wolverine shirt. It was dear, cost me $15 bucks, but it was the best I could get for what I was willing to spend. With sculpt I'm coming in at $130, which I believe to be fair.

I'd love to share it on a narrow shoulder (I assume you mean a TT-18 or a knock off one, yes?) but my knock off is on it's way as we speak, last I checked it left San Francisco's postal center. I'll definitely update you when I get it though!

Let me tell you though, I was skeptical of going no name or lesser known, but it was worth it. The shoes look, in my opinion, better than the Hot Toys counterpart that comes with the MMS220, and like I said, a little paint will go a long way. Plus they are beets which I prefer. The tie is a ZC I believe and it looks better than the MMS220 as far as material contrast to the shirt goes. And socks? Socks are socks [emoji38], no need to pay the HT markup.

Your seller, does he have an estimate on the sculpt's availability? I'd like to get one asap. The weapon set would be an interesting offering, provided it is priced well. If it comes in a set, I wouldn't be opposed to splitting it with someone so they could have the suit.

Last sculpt estimate was April month, no new news about that

Knowing earlier about the weapons addition - well, it would have saved me sui money (even if the long coat is really needed for another bash of mine)
Anyway if it will really comes with the iconic pistol I'm gonna purchase it - then will try to sell the suit separetely - since I've spent 142$ for this bash without guns (luckily a frendh seller is selling Wolvie shirt for just 7 bucks)

Great contrast between the tie and shirt, you are rght and made a great purchase - I'm just gonna go with the PopToys windbreaker stock one, since I paid it

I'll update estimates on guns and clothes and head ASAP as I receive more info from the seller

JohnWick.jpg

Ohhh, do tell about that vest? I would be interested in picking one up, even if he doesn't wear one all the time. I think the Pop tie will look fantastic. I wanted to get it but forgot to add it to my cart when I ordered the suit, and I wasn't about to pay shipping twice over for a $2 item. So then came Urban Samurai Hobbies to cover all my other needs, tie included [emoji38].

Great price on the Wolvie shirt, I don't think you'll be disappointed, it is a solid piece for sure.

That vest is from PopToys too, from their "Loyal Guardian Housekeeper" set - I bought the last available from ToyAnxiety (with a fat suit, needed for my Walter White from Eleven)
I know it has five buttons and John vest got four - but the quality and color were the best, so I'm gonna live with my choice and one additional button
The Blitzway Carlito looks col with 4 buttons, but the color didn't convinced me, youcan search for that maybe?

Ohhh, do tell about that vest? I would be interested in picking one up, even if he doesn't wear one all the time. I think the Pop tie will look fantastic. I wanted to get it but forgot to add it to my cart when I ordered the suit, and I wasn't about to pay shipping twice over for a $2 item. So then came Urban Samurai Hobbies to cover all my other needs, tie included [emoji38].

Great price on the Wolvie shirt, I don't think you'll be disappointed, it is a solid piece for sure.

Ta da; big reveal test. I got my knock off body in.
So my thoughts. The shoulders are NOT as slim as it is implied they are. It works, but it is a tight fit for sure. No way anything Carlito would fit or would have fit in it. Otherwise though, the body is excellent. Stiff joints, solid articulation. Can't beat it for the price, seriously. It isn't futzed perfectly, I'll do the final touches and paints when I get the headsculpt, but it's pretty good. Heat up your pegs when switching though, easy to snap these buggers. I also need to repair the top button of the suit, I popped it off. Oh well. I also used the spare Tony Stark mechanic hands because they had paint apps and better sculpt detail.

9712783445af0984f6a2bbd8c172c0b7.jpg

Looks awesome, very much John Wick!
I would have hoped for more contrast between shirt and suit (since it's my recipe as well, a more satin look for the shirt would have been better - but couldn't find anything)

Also I received my complete Windbreaker suit yesterday - I used the long coat to finish my custom Hannibal - the quality is outstanding but fragile. Inner of the left sleeve broke just by touching it (wasn't even putting the arms, still just taking it out by hand) luckily is inside and not visible.
Quality of the suit which I'll use for John is awesome, shoes have real laces :)
The best 1/6 suit I've seen, definetely tied to the character

Looks like you guys have been phishing our thread for some clothing ideas [emoji38]. Looks good though! Still no luck on a painter for the sculpt? Will you be selling the KSG too?

Looks like you guys have been phishing our thread for some clothing ideas [emoji38]. Looks good though! Still no luck on a painter for the sculpt? Will you be selling the KSG too?
You will have to find your own painter for the sculpts. The clothes were easy..... pop toys loki and wolverine shoes shirt and tie.

You will have to find your own painter for the sculpts. The clothes were easy..... pop toys loki and wolverine shoes shirt and tie.
Copycat ;) check my set up haha.
Drat. I don't want that to be a deal breaker but it might be. When will you be selling casts?

Back