DiD - 77th Infantry Division Combat Medic "Dixon"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting this figure for quite some time and finally was able to find a brand new one for a fantastic deal on Ebay.

This figure is based off of the Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Pvt. Desmond Doss, the heroic medic from the film, "Hacksaw Ridge", portrayed by Andrew Garfield.

truman - doss.jpg

The figure comes with two fantastically painted stock head sculpts; one clean and one battle damaged. While there is some semblance of Garfield, for some reason I keep getting a young "John Krasinski" vibe, instead. I initially was going to pick up a Hot Toys Garfield "Spiderman" sculpt but OSK offered a new Garfield sculpt. It is due for release later this year. If the sculpts would have looked like the real Doss, I would have preferred that.

The figure comes fully loaded with gear / accessories. Tempted to pick up a generic soldier to display with Doss carrying him or dragging him to safety, as depicted in the box art and film.

Here are a few in-hand photos, working from the figure box to the figure itself:

DiD Dixon 1.jpg

DiD Dixon 10.jpg

DiD Dixon 2.jpg

DiD Dixon 3.jpg

DiD Dixon 4.jpg

DiD Dixon 5.jpg

DiD Dixon 6.jpg

DiD Dixon 7.jpg

DiD Dixon 8.jpg

DiD Dixon 9.jpg

Very cool figure. Is that Andrew Garfield sculpt?

I think it was intended to be Andrew Garfield. I don't think that they captured him in the sculpt, hence I ended up ordering this head sculpt to replace the stock one, even though this one looks a bit older.

447256-1 sm.jpg

I will credit DiD in that the paint apps are fantastic, especially the battle damaged sculpt.

Back