Unsung Hero's 12" Repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Figure Repaints

I have Han on a narrow, and he looks fantastic. I went with the slim as it's smaller than the narrow, so the height works well. It doesn't bother me too much with the size of the head, I just am using it as an excuse to sculpt a new one!

I have Han on a narrow, and he looks fantastic. I went with the slim as it's smaller than the narrow, so the height works well. It doesn't bother me too much with the size of the head, I just am using it as an excuse to sculpt a new one!

go for it unsung.. a new sculpt would rock.... :hi5:

I also have my jedi luke on a slim tt and it looks much better then the buck.... he just needs a smaller head...

Finally got around to touching up the eyes and hair. I'm much happier. I also put him on a Hot Toys Slim that I got in the mail today along with the rest of Sideshow's Tatooine Luke. Sorry, raining today, no outdoor pics.

luke002.jpg

luke003.jpg

Looks so good unsung. I got Luke a while back but still have not got around to doing the body swap..... But u have inspired metoget on with it cheers man

very nice unsung... just what I want to do with my luke...got to wait until I am done moving... :(

really excellent job unsung! He looks awesome, I really want a Tatooine Luke now...

and nice job on the saber too, it gives the pic that "vintage publicity photo" look.

Here is the latest among many of sculpts on the old painting table. Great sculpt i dont think i get tired of painting. :lightsabe

2ah5sfm.png

2d1ea8.png

The small details
2mnkqc2.png

I know it's not Star Wars, but thought I'd share this here too.

I recently got SideShow's G.I.Joe Flint, as Flint is a badass and was my favorite Joe when I was a kid. I really hated the paint on this guy though, it was terrible.

DSCF1209.jpg

So I finally got motivated to repaint it as I'm getting my new room set up to finish up other projects (Yes, Maul will be done and shipping before the end of the month!!!) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and the added skin texture really added something that was missing.

DSCF1248.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

Here are a few closeups of the head...

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

And one even closer showing the added skin texture...

DSCF1245.jpg

Daaa I don't give a monkeys if it's not star wars its a dollie and I love em. Great repaint unsung, you have turned a plasticy looking head into a cracking work of art. The texture on the face looks brilliant (I got to figure out how to do that) and I love the gains in the side of the head. Totally cool.
I was never really into the joes that much intact I think it was the only 3 3/4 line that I did not have any of. But they look so cool and you must be mega chuffed.

Daaa I don't give a monkeys if it's not star wars its a dollie and I love em. Great repaint unsung, you have turned a plasticy looking head into a cracking work of art. The texture on the face looks brilliant (I got to figure out how to do that) and I love the gains in the side of the head. Totally cool.
I was never really into the joes that much intact I think it was the only 3 3/4 line that I did not have any of. But they look so cool and you must be mega chuffed.

Awesome repaint unsung :clap

Thanks! The texture was created using the brush, kinda tapping it into the paint during the layering. As each layer started getting tacky, I'd tap the end of the brush into it. May not sound right as I try and explain it, but next time I do it I'll try and get pics, or better yet, figure out my webcam and video it.

In any case, here is another shot...

DSCF1249.jpg

Great Job on Flint! looks so much better! Did my favorite Joe justice mate!

Chuffin ace Unsung, really inspiring. I really want to get into head painting.

you should man! it's scary at first, but once you learn a bit more, eevery HS after that look better and better! Which reminds me that I need to take another crack at my Legolas and Anakin when the time is there

Back