Unsung Hero's 12" Repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Figure Repaints

It is likely the camera flash, they make everything look shiny. :banghead

Look at the body suit pics I posted. They are not the slightest bit shiny at all, but the flash penetrates the body suit and the shine is the figure body underneath, that you can only see in pics taken with the flash on.

I think your Luke looks looks great.

That is by far the best Luke sculpt to date. It's unfortunate you have to buy a $300.00 set to get it...unless you know the right resin pusher that is;)

Isnt that the truth. I sent the Luke head to Mark to cast a couple months ago. I cant tell the difference between his casts and the originals, he is that good at casting.

Thats a great paint job Unsung. I use Dullcoat on all my stiuff and sometimes the camera still makes things look shiney.

Nice job Unsung on all your repaints.

Thanks, and yeah it was a good cast!

I did an outdoor test, it is still a little overcast and humid, so my lens kept fogging up, but you can see it is not at all shiny except where it should be.

DSCF0749.jpg

Those pictures are really good.

I really want to take my stuff outside and take pictures, but I worry that my neighbors would think they are living next to a, well you know. :D

Wow Unsung, Luke looks even better outside! He's got a nice tan now! And he doesn't look like he's been drinking as much blue milk. :lol

auntberu.jpg

(that's aunt Beru getting some blue milk BTW)

Last edited:

Very cool Unsung... outside lighting is the best :).

hey Chris... get your dollies out side in the undergrowth... on your hands and knees shooting and endor scene LOL... or better still get 3 bags of silver sand and recreate the mighty Sarlacc :)

Isnt that the truth. I sent the Luke head to Mark to cast a couple months ago. I cant tell the difference between his casts and the originals, he is that good at casting.

Thats a great paint job Unsung. I use Dullcoat on all my stiuff and sometimes the camera still makes things look shiney.

Nice job Unsung on all your repaints.

I owe you a big thank you as well Chris. I got 2 of those casts from Mark.:yess:

Mine are going on my custom X-Wing Pilot and my SS Yavin Celebration (truly one of the worst Luke sculpts ever on the original).

BTW Chris, I was in Wichita the other day and I saw that Star Wars in Concert was there that night. Did you get a chance to check it out?

It was in KC a while back and my wife and kids were going to get me some tickets as an early Father's Day gift but I had to go out of town on business that week:(

Dude, that blue milk has intrigued me since I was 5. I even had my mom drop some blue food coloring in my milk at dinner for a while.:lol

Dude, that blue milk has intrigued me since I was 5. I even had my mom drop some blue food coloring in my milk at dinner for a while.:lol

:lol that's hilarious!

I actually didn't notice the blue milk the first time around, that was when I was a tiny little bugger, less than 4 years old I think... I actuallly only noticed it a couple years ago, but ever since I have always wondered "where does it come from and what makes it blue?" but now I realize the answer to both questions is "George Lucas"

I actually watched terminator 2 again earlier today, and can't help but notice the blue milk looks suspiciously like the liquid router stuff Sarah Connor threatens to inject into that one mental hospital worker... Hmmm... :lol

anyway, not to derail too much... What are you planning to do next Unsung?

Keep up the good work and we'll have to promote you to "sung" hero. :lol

Very sharp unsung. The natural light makes them really pop. Anakin came out the best (to me). Keep up the good work!

:horror

I take back what I said about Dooku's hair earlier, it looks just right in natural light!

All your stuff looks absolutely stunning in those outdoor pics, wish I could paint like you!

Very nice work, I think Anakin's my fav of the bunch.

Good stuff, I too like Anakin the best. I gotta tell you though, that Dooku is awesome. Nice work.

I owe you a big thank you as well Chris. I got 2 of those casts from Mark.:yess:

Mine are going on my custom X-Wing Pilot and my SS Yavin Celebration (truly one of the worst Luke sculpts ever on the original).

BTW Chris, I was in Wichita the other day and I saw that Star Wars in Concert was there that night. Did you get a chance to check it out?

It was in KC a while back and my wife and kids were going to get me some tickets as an early Father's Day gift but I had to go out of town on business that week:(

Glad you were able to get a couple of Luke heads. Mark did all the work, I just was happy to help the cause.

I did get to the concert, it was pretty good. I take it you live nearby???

Chris

Glad you were able to get a couple of Luke heads. Mark did all the work, I just was happy to help the cause.

I did get to the concert, it was pretty good. I take it you live nearby???

Chris

Perhaps he doesn't, maybe you've got a stalker on your hands here! :lol just kidding...

Last edited:

Well thanks for the feedback everyone! I think what I learned most is that I need to work on my indoor photography! I actually want to take a few more of Dooku, he had a lot of sun appear behind him when the picture was taken and I had to lighten the image considerably.

Back