Unsung Hero's 12" Repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsung hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been experimenting after seeing such wonderful paint jobs in here and the custom section. And after getting some tips from boot25 I felt like trying out some different techniques on some heads, the Obi-Wan for Sithlord13 being one. But I had this Hasbro Dooku head lying about and thought I'd try with him too. I'm pretty pleased with the results!!!

dooku001.jpg

He'll be going on a Sideshow Tall body a little later today.

Last edited:
Re: 12" Count Dooku repaint

The head is placed on a temp Sideshow body, I think it might have been from London After Midnight or something. I liked the aged hands, but I'll probably hit them up with some paint too.

DSCF0669.jpg

DSCF0668.jpg

Oww very nice!! Makes me wanna get one now LOL NOT ANOTHER DOLLY.

Great work Unsung

mark

His eyes remind me of Dracula

dracula-christopher-lee.jpg

(that's actually Christopher Lee as Dracula, by the way!)

:lol

anyway, looks good unsung, if I were you I would make the eyes whiter and the hair more greyish.

Sorry, but his eyes really are hazy and his hair is white.

Christopher_Lee_KVIFFcopy.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Apr261647.jpg

Sorry, but his eyes really are hazy and his hair is white.

Christopher_Lee_KVIFFcopy.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Apr261647.jpg

His eyes are off-white, but the way you painted them just looks a tad too yellowed for me... like old bones...

and if you look, you'll see there is a little grey in the beard, and his hair is a silvery white... The way you painted his hair just seems like too intense white...

Still much better than the Hasbro paint, but to make it perfect, the eyes would need to be less yellow, and his hair would have to be slightly grey...

here's what you got... which is great

DSCF0668.jpg

here's what it would be like with slightly darker white hair and less yellowed eyes... which would be absolutely perfect

unsungdooku.jpg

Your painting skills far surpass mine, and just because I don't think the paint is perfect doesn't mean I don't like it... :D

and I suppose it could also be the lighting/camera... :monkey3

Last edited:
Anakin Repaint

As I continue to work on my painting I thought I'd give Anakin a try since I have yet to finish my sculpt. (and I wasn't going to waste starting another thread for a simple repaint. The more I mess with, the more wthat will get added here.)

anakin001.jpg

Re: 12" Figure Repaints

great paint up on Anakin. Really well done.

Re: 12" Figure Repaints

Had to get a few pictures with his robe...

DSCF0708.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

Should have a few more repaints in the next couple of days.

Back