Unsung Hero's 12" Repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Figure Repaints

That Anakin repaint is sweet.

Thank you!

Two more, ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTJ Luke...

OBI001.jpg

luke001.jpg

Luke on a body. I plan on putting him on a TT slim. Obi-Wan is not on his body yet, I am distressing his clothes.

luke002.jpg

luke003.jpg

12" Han ANH Repaint

Been a little bit since I have had some time to do anything. Still working on my painting. I recently got a Sideshow Han ANH that was put on a Hot Toys narrow body with nice leather boots. I figured I'd hit him up with some paint too.

han001.jpg

han003.jpg

han005.jpg

han002.jpg

han004.jpg

Great job on Han. I love the new boots. I have never been a fan of the molded Sideshow boots.

Thanks everyone!

And, Cbob, I agree, the TT's are awesome. I want a slim for Jedi Luke now.

Thanks everyone!

And, Cbob, I agree, the TT's are awesome. I want a slim for Jedi Luke now.

Yeah TT's are definitely awesome, just wish they weren't so dang expensive! :banghead

the new ones are $45, and the old ones sometimes go for $70 on eBay! Can you guys believe that?

Han's lips look like he's got rigormortis. Maybe he's turned Goth?

Ow dont get me started on TTs... I have built a 1/6th shrine to em!! I think its the lighting that makes hans lip look bluish... I love em, do u gloss coat the head after?

Ow dont get me started on TTs... I have built a 1/6th shrine to em!! I think its the lighting that makes hans lip look bluish... I love em, do u gloss coat the head after?

Yeah, there is definitely no blue in there! I do have new bulbs in my lights that I use for photos, and they are brighter than what I used to have, I've been struggling to get proper lighting. I get a strong glare now. I don't gloss coat the entire head, but it is sealed with a matte varnish. I do gloss the mouth and eyes though.

And, I painted up the Stormtrooper Luke head that Dorgs was kind enough to hook me up with. I am not happy with the hair color or eyes, so I'm going to go back and hit them again. I've had problems getting blue eyes to look right, so this is some nice practice. I don't have a ANH Luke yet, but have one on a TT Slim coming to me.

luke001.jpg

Eyes are really bugging me on that one. But hey, got to post the bad with the good, right?

Ow its really important to show mistakes to I think. I feel thats how we all learn.

Luke looks grand..

as for pics your FinePix S5700 is a great camera but they dont like certain bulbs and you have to set the white balance and stuff. Have you taken any shots outside... natural light is so great.

The hair is also a real pain.. I look at mine (Lukes not my hair as I have outgrown mine and it seems to have fallen on to my chin)

And the one I painted looks Ginger!!!!!

Ow its really important to show mistakes to I think. I feel thats how we all learn.

Luke looks grand..

as for pics your FinePix S5700 is a great camera but they dont like certain bulbs and you have to set the white balance and stuff. Have you taken any shots outside... natural light is so great.

The hair is also a real pain.. I look at mine (Lukes not my hair as I have outgrown mine and it seems to have fallen on to my chin)

And the one I painted looks Ginger!!!!!

I may take a few outside once these storms pass over tomorrow or Friday and try that. I have been adjusting the F-stop and shutter speed to get it working better, but those lights just blast everything. The ones before had polarized filters on the ends, and I can't find them locally.

I am all for a nice long exposure!!!!!! so lights off and out with the tripod get me little torch out and away we go!!!!! I love a big fstop to, nice narrow dof

Looking forward to seeing them

It's actually matte, not shiny at all. (except the eyes and lips)

Unsung, I think that paintjob looks great as is! The hair and eyes look fine IMO.

If it were me, I'd be scared of messing up something that looked so good by trying to redo it!

Nice job once again, you are definitely one of the head honchos of head painting in my book. :D

I think your Luke looks looks great.

That is by far the best Luke sculpt to date. It's unfortunate you have to buy a $300.00 set to get it...unless you know the right resin pusher that is;)

Back