Unlicensed 1/6 Forest Gump Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABC Express already has the other version (which looks better IMO) up for order.

the other version? how many versions have been done?

I thought this was just an improval on the pics shown at the beginning of the thread

the other version? how many versions have been done?

I thought this was just an improval on the pics shown at the beginning of the thread

It could be... but it looks very different. Just about everything is different leading me to think this is from someone else.

At the very least the one that you can order looks different from the images in this thread.

think i am going to go for this

i think it looks awesome and with a stunning re paint this will really look stellar i think!

any ideas who can make the bench :D

I have to admit I actually changed my tune on this one a bit... I'm a therapist and I was thinking this guy (the new one) would look pretty cool in my office.

Although if you try to make an offer know that up to $115 will be declined... I tried $100, $110 and $115 before running out of tries :lol

I have to admit I actually changed my tune on this one a bit... I'm a therapist and I was thinking this guy (the new one) would look pretty cool in my office.

Although if you try to make an offer know that up to $115 will be declined... I tried $100, $110 and $115 before running out of tries :lol

thats interesting

i might sit it out a while as i have some other commitments right now however i do see me def picking this up :D

i now think i know the perfect person to make the bench! :D

The more I look at the second one, the more he grows on me and looks like Hanks...Plus the suit is much better and more accurate.

Although there are more accessories with the first one. In time I may get one.

Well, I can see why people might have preferred Shawshank or Pulp Fiction but it's still a great movie in its own right. Too bad this likeness is off...

... and it's a character the really shouldnt be a figure.

Maybe this version, but 'Nam Gump? That would have been pretty awesome, I think.

:lecture My thought exactly. Pulp Fiction changed film. Forrest Gump was just a cute but totally implausible story.

I'm biased of course, but to me Pulp Fiction may well my generations Godfather... Forrest Gump is a cool film, but it can be argued that it was only the third best film that year. Kinda reminds me of when Dancing with Wolves won over Goodfellas. :monkey2

Two totally different versions from different makers being released. Storerooms has the figure with the bench up for pre-order for 74.99 with free shipping. The figure that Abc-Express has up for pre-order doesn't have the park bench and comes with a lot less accessories. Even though the figure with the bench has the wrong color suit I think I will still grab one because of the bench and extra accessories. Plus the hat actually says Bubba Gump not Bubba Gomp. :)

https://www.store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=1645

Last edited:
Looks like Forrest Gump meets Taxi Driver. Way too serious of an expression. Forrest Gump was never that stressed over anything (lucky bastard).

Two totally different versions from different makers being released. Storerooms has the figure with the bench up for pre-order for 74.99 with free shipping. The figure that Abc-Express has up for pre-order doesn't have the park bench and comes with a lot less accessories. Even though the figure with the bench has the wrong color suit I think I will still grab one because of the bench and extra accessories. Plus the hat actually says Bubba Gump not Bubba Gomp. :)

https://www.store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=1645

I don't know. The ABC expres version has the better facial expression, unless I'm blind and they are the same....

ABC Express
10apr13_gum_5.jpg

Storerooms link
558_634056979325869560_004.jpg

The ABC version has the correct colored creme suit, not grey, the correct pattern on the shirt, and IMO a better likeness to Hanks. IMO the figure is more important then a bench and a hat I'll never display him with anyway.

I don't know. The ABC expres version has the better facial expression, unless I'm blind and they are the same....

Yes I agree it does have the better facial expression. But the other one is half the price with the Park bench and more accessories (chocolate box, feather, paddle with image, magazines and oscar). I will take the less accurate head version and pick the better head and suit up loose. Anyways..mixing and matching the two sets will get you a much better representation in the end.

Last edited:
Because I don't have enough money, I think I'll go with the Store-rooms one, even tho' the other one looks a bit better. Hey, you get what you pay for, right ? hehe.

Back