Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection coming to Blu-ray Oct. 2nd 2012!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS for the info, just cancelled my .com order and ordered from uk, with shipping it was still much less, also ordered it in the limited edition coffin that isn"t on the .com site.:hi5:

Yes, Thank You! I also just ordered the limited edition coffin. I sure hope it shows up in good condition after shipping overseas.

So what's the real difference between the regular and coffin version? I'll just stick with the regular if the coffin doesn't have anything worthwhile.

From what I could tell the only difference is the outer packaging. The contents are the same.

And the restoration process? Hopefully half as thorough and painstaking as Jaws...

Right. I hope the video quality is much improved.

I've seen some amazing remastering done to old black and white films. The most recent I've seen is Gojira-Criterion.

I placed my order, so we'll see how it goes. The closer it gets to release date, I'll be sure to check the US prices.

Does anyone one know if there will be the same special features as on the Definitive collection DVD series? Or if there will be new documentries etc? I just can't seem to locate the contents.

I'm hoping the coffin box has the discs in separate cases inside but I doubt it. Gonna be a ***** to find somewhere on the shelf for it!

That's why I went with the regular edition. That and the lower price of course. Trying to be frugal, although in reality, it's not very frugal to rebuy films I already have. Hope these look a lot better than the DVDs...

That's why I went with the regular edition. That and the lower price of course. Trying to be frugal, although in reality, it's not very frugal to rebuy films I already have. Hope these look a lot better than the DVDs...

Cool. You're the perfect person to give feedback on the picture quality since you can compare the DVD release with this newer, remastered version.

I hope you'll have some time to share your thoughts once you have the blu ray collection in hand.

I'm sure there are many like me around here. I'm sure at least lcummins and TheMonster will be double/triple dipping this set...

Amazon has this at $111.99 for the US.

Did you place your order with UK amazon?

Yup, I ordered with Amazon UK. The price is less than half the US price listing for what appears to be the same product.

Sounds very promising, and exactly what I needed to hear to keep my order. Don't think I would have cancelled unless there was some scathing review. But this makes me very happy. Can't wait for the set to arrive.

Thanks Nick! :D

Back