Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein Blu-ray!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
LET IT BE SO! UNIVERSAL'S CLASSIC MONSTERS BLU-RAY AGE BEGINS!:rock :D

As part of its 100th Anniversary this year, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will offer special reissues of selected catalog titles, and the Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein Blu-ray will arrive in the September wave. This horror spoof stars legendary comedy duo Bud Abbott and Lou Costello (Buck Privates) as two hapless railroad baggage clerks who unwittingly loose Dracula (Bela Lugosi, Dracula) and Frankenstein's monster (Glenn Strange, House of Dracula) on the world.

Further compounding matters for Bud and Lou are a mad scientist (Charles Bradstreet, Lady in the Lake) who plans to swap Costello's brain with the monster's and the reappearance of Larry Talbot (Lon Chaney Jr., High Noon), the tortured soul who turns into the Wolf Man when the moon is full.

Universal's Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its 1.37:1 original aspect ratio with a 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The set also includes a number of bonus materials, such as:

Commentary with film historian Gregory W. Mank
Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters behind-the-scenes featurette
Production photographs
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein streets on September 4th.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6l8auIACyc[/ame]

Preorder link here:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Abbott-Costello-Meet-Frankenstein-Blu-ray/dp/B0087ZG7RK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1338843364&sr=8-5[/ame]

:rock :D

The Monster,
Nick

Last edited:
This was on TCM yesterday. I sat through it having never watched it before and now I want the Bluray. Fantastic movie and would enjoy watching it again. I sit here writing this at 6:20 AM with my New Years party guests crashed asleep all around me lol. Hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year tonight!! Here's to a great 2013. :)

This was on TCM yesterday. I sat through it having never watched it before and now I want the Bluray. Fantastic movie and would enjoy watching it again. I sit here writing this at 6:20 AM with my New Years party guests crashed asleep all around me lol. Hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year tonight!! Here's to a great 2013. :)

Happy New Year to you mistermark.

Yes, this is such a classic.
I can watch this anytime. Love it! :yess:

Yeah' TCM had an Abbott and Costello mini marathon yesterday.A&C Meet Frankenstein is one of the best.Love the part where Frankie is chasing Bud and Lou all over the place and Lou takes the small black table cloth and puts it over his face and says to Glenn Strange Frankenstein back' back' and he obey's Lou.And then of course Lou puts it down and say's to Bud he thinks I'M Dracula.And Frankie starts chasing them again.The Print TMC showed was very clean and clear.So the Blu Ray is going to be nice.
They also showed A&C Meet The Mummy,Meet The Invisible Man,Harum and Rio Rita.Plus some of the old A&C shorts.Good A&C Day.

Hope everyone partied safe last night.Have a great 2013.
:fireworks
marvin21_zps4b9edd83.gif

Happy New Year to you mistermark.

Yes, this is such a classic.
I can watch this anytime. Love it! :yess:

Thanks guys!! Yeah I really liked this movie. I'm definitely picking up the Blu Ray. Nothing better than discovering a great new classic. Hope you all had a great time last night, lol I sure did. Looking forward to all the great pieces SS releases in 2013. :yess:

I didn't know this had a bluray release.
Just finished watching all the discs in the coffin that contained the Universal Monster classics on blu. Each was brilliantly presented.
I can get this title thru amazon, (just checked and it's in stock) but I remembered that I got a DVD copy years ago.. So I dug it up, I mean out, and watching it now. It is good.
Looking forward to getting this on blu.

I'm glad you guys have discovered and rediscovered this film. It is indeed a classic!

Please check out my 1/6 scale "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" project thread.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...499&highlight=abbott+costello+meet...&page=27

DSC_0024.jpg

This looks amazing. The sculpts are fantastic. I wish SS would give classic movie fans a small run of low ES PFs and 1/6 figures again. I wouldn't buy all of them but these sure would look great in my collection.

I was so sad when I saw this movie as a kid in the early 60s. I knew even then it meant the end of these characters. As originally shown, they would never be scary again.

I was so sad when I saw this movie as a kid in the early 60s. I knew even then it meant the end of these characters. As originally shown, they would never be scary again.

True. But if it weren't for The Monster, Drac, and The Wolfman, there woul be no Freddy, Jason or Michael. The former are the real kings of horror and the ones that started it all. And don't worry, Frank manages to violently toss someone through a window in this movie too regardless of the fact that the movie is mostly a spoof. It's still an excellent film at that if you haven't seen it.

I suggest you read this book.

513V339YP5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its a thing of beauty....and the monsters are written great, and in character. It even has Dracula's origin (in the Universal series)revealed. IT PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN ENDS!!!

The book also contains references to Wilbur and chick, as well as Murder Legendre, Dr. Wilfrid Glendon (The Werewolf of London) and even the Bride. There was going to be a sequel....but it never appeared.

This novel has my personal recommendation as a way to elate Universal Monsters fans pining for more of their gruesome gang. It should've been adapted into a graphic novel at the very least. It is held in high regard by most monster fans, and was an attempt to further solidify the "Universal Monsters Universe" the way Marvel and DC's Pantheons are interactive.

I suggest you read this book.

513V339YP5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its a thing of beauty....and the monsters are written great, and in character. It even has Dracula's origin (in the Universal series)revealed. IT PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN ENDS!!!

The book also contains references to Wilbur and chick, as well as Murder Legendre, Dr. Wilfrid Glendon (The Werewolf of London) and even the Bride. There was going to be a sequel....but it never appeared.

This novel has my personal recommendation as a way to elate Universal Monsters fans pining for more of their gruesome gang. It should've been adapted into a graphic novel at the very least. It is held in high regard by most monster fans, and was an attempt to further solidify the "Universal Monsters Universe" the way Marvel and DC's Pantheons are interactive.

This is awesome and I hadn't heard about it before. Huge fan of the classics here. I will definitely check it out. Thanks! :wave

No prob, it's what collecting is realy about. Sharing things in your collection with others so they know whats out there. You will enjoy this book. I know I did. :lecture I know a little thing or two about the classic monsters....so I recommend. When I saw it at the bookstore new (some years ago), I bought two. One to "collect" and one I read, and re-read until it was literally falling apart.

I recommend to anyone with a taste for classic horror.

*Slight spoiler:

spoiler space:

The "d" ring that Dracula wears didnt originally stand for the "Dracula Crest". In the novel's reveal of Dracula's origin, it initially belonged to another individual. But Dracula is now cursed to forever wear it because of a pact he unwittingly walked into. With a person the Rolling Stones wrote we should have sympathy for. That's all I am saying. Great stuff.:horror:peace

No prob, it's what collecting is realy about. Sharing things in your collection with others so they know whats out there. You will enjoy this book. I know I did. :lecture I know a little thing or two about the classic monsters....so I recommend. When I saw it at the bookstore new (some years ago), I bought two. One to "collect" and one I read, and re-read until it was literally falling apart.

I recommend to anyone with a taste for classic horror.

*Slight spoiler:

spoiler space:

The "d" ring that Dracula wears didnt originally stand for the "Dracula Crest". In the novel's reveal of Dracula's origin, it initially belonged to another individual. But Dracula is now cursed to forever wear it because of a pact he unwittingly walked into. With a person the Rolling Stones wrote we should have sympathy for. That's all I am saying. Great
stuff.:horror:peace

This is awesome. I looked for The Wolfman book on amazon but didn't see any available at a decent price. I've added it to my list though and DID order my bluray of Abbott and Costello Meet Franky. Looking forward to that at least. Great movie people, I'm telling you!. :hi5:

Back