Under The Skin (2014 ) Scarlett Johansson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason everyone wants to see this leaked online about an hour ago. You're welcome The Internet.

Glad to see the maturity of the level of discourse regarding this film. If you're going to it just for the nudity - you will be bored beyond belief.

It's either a very complex film or very simple - but if nothing else it will make you think. Heck, you'll be trying to figure out just what it's about long after it's over. Can't say that I "enjoyed" it, but I'm glad I saw it. Apparently a lot of it was filmed with just Scarlett driving around and interacting with real people.

I got the chance to watch this film last night. I found it very interesting. It was a nice take on sci fi horror.
Great seeing Glasgow on the screen too. (Home town)
It's worth checking out

Probably the craziest, most original alien invasion film I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.

Aw, how did I miss this thread?

OK, just read through it. Seems not much about the films has actually been said apart from Johansson's nudey bits.

This film was one of my all time favourite cinema experiences. I'm glad I was given the heads up on it being kind of Lynch-ish.

I wasn't 'entertained' in the conventional sense, but it has been a long time where I've had to absorb a film's impact in the days after watching it. I loved Johannson in it, thought she was note-perfect in her performance.

..that movie did nothing for me ... way to abstract for my taste .. have to admit I did not finished it either ..

..that movie did nothing for me ... way to abstract for my taste .. have to admit I did not finished it either ..

That's too bad... it's definitely a different kind of film that doesn't contain the familiar beats and arcs of a more conventional offering. I found it tough in parts but went with it. I wonder if you'd have finished it whether your experience would've been any different?

agreed.. its VERY different.. not sure if it would changed my mind .. its just I have not much time to watch movies anyway ..so I felt after 45min to waste my time ...

It kind of reminded me of a film I saw not too long ago called Beyond the Black Rainbow. Same sort of avant garde atmosphere, though I think BTBR was more compelling.

Finally saw this the other night. Woke up at 3 in the morning and turned on Netflix. Not sure what the hell was wrong with me, picking this. It was horrific, and my brain was a little too raw.

Last thing I saw with this kind of impact on me was Splice, and this smoked it. Disturbing on too many levels.

Back