UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, I have so much confidence in Maia right now, that if anyone decides to clinch or grapple with him, they're going to be in a lot of trouble. I don't think I have seen anyone stop his single leg takedown in quite awhile. It'd be interesting for sure if GSP and Maia met, but I thought GSP would announce his comeback around 200, then fight Woodley, but I'd guess we might not see him until next year if he is going to get a direct title shot.

Last I heard he told the UFC his terms for a return and is waiting on them to either accept or reject it. I'm guessing he wants a bump in pay and an immediate title shot.

I think he wants a bump cause when he was fighting before, he had all those sponsors that he can't use now, and considering he was a top draw, they should give it to him. Straight from GSP's mouth, the top 3 guys he's interested in fighting is Woodley, Nick Diaz and Maia. As much as I really like GSP still, I don't want to see him get a direct title shot before Maia unless they will fight each other. I guess UFC Totonto is in Dec, so maybe we see him then.

gotta give props to CM for trying lol, but after reading what happened, doesn't sound like he has a chance to win in the UFC.

UFC 205

Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor (for Alvarez's lightweight belt)
Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson (for Woodley's welterweight belt)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (for Jedrzejczyk's strawweight belt)
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
Yoel Romero vs. Chris Weidman
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Predictions?

Michael Bitching needed 5 rds to barely squeak out a decision against a guy pushing 50 who's not even in the top 10? Just waiting for Weidman or Jacare to end this fools fake reign.

Michael Bitching needed 5 rds to barely squeak out a decision against a guy pushing 50 who's not even in the top 10? Just waiting for Weidman or Jacare to end this fools fake reign.

Yes! Spot on. I actually had it 48-47 Dan, or maybe 47-47, but either way Dan comes out reinforcing his legacy and Bisping looks more and more like he always has: a good, serviceable fighter but far from great, and the beneficiary of questionable judging.

Also, it's worth pointing out that Bisping talked so much about how he was going to humiliate and humble Henderson, and yet Bisping was the one who was humbled at the end.

I saw that a lot of guys had Hendo winning too. I thought it was more of a 47-47 fight personally. Imo, if this fight and the Silva fight were in the US, Bisping doesn't get the edge in either fight. Luck has been heavily on Bitching's side this year.

Hendo was robbed. Bisping didn't trouble him whatsoever.

I disagree. Hendo basically landed 2 H-bombs putting Bisping on his ass. Almost the rest of the fight was Bisping backing up Hendo, controlling the octagon and scoring about twice as many strikes.

I can see giving Hendo the two rounds with the H-bombs but the other three were clearly Bisping's.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:
I had it 48-47. Bisping.
You dont win cause of of simply having the most damage.
You win by overall technical scoring.

It was the same way with the Silva fight. Silva did the most damage, but he also backed off after landing the big punches.
You can see that Bisping wasnt even on the same league as Silva. But Silva didnt follow up after doing damage, and Bisping just kept going forward and constantly on the attack.
Whether you like it or not, Bisping has heart. The guy keeps fighting til the end.

Sure his face looked like a rotten banana, but when you look at the fight at the technical standpoint, he wins by points.

extremely disappointing how noncompetitive that fight was. I was hoping for a war, but Alvarez looked really small. Question is what's next?

Back