UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...SF puts all their eggs in one basket and then looks stupid when ____ goes wrong.

What boggles the mind is why they would risk starting things off with Fedor, by far the most popular fighter in the tournament . It's like they never even considered the possibility he might lose in the first round and screw everything up....

Fedor losing was the best thing that could of happened for SF. Word is the SF people are very happy about his lose. And there also gald their next show is SF show, not SF/M1. And if the Final HW Match is PPV, M1 wont get a percentage. SF should cut Fedor and the M1 bullcrap.

Yeah then they can still use him and not pay as much. I mean id like to still see him fight and just let the hype train die. If he fights and wins great, if he fights and loses again, well so be it. The dudes human. Like I always say, im there for good fights and its not the first time Ive seen the fighters I like get beat. Its combat sports. I agree, SF needs to drop M1 for real.

Fedor losing was the best thing that could of happened for SF. Word is the SF people are very happy about his lose. And there also gald their next show is SF show, not SF/M1. And if the Final HW Match is PPV, M1 wont get a percentage. SF should cut Fedor and the M1 bullcrap.

They might get a bigger percentage, but the pie just shrunk by half. Honestly, does anyone care about Werdum or Overeem (or Silva for that matter) without the possibility of a matchup against Fedor? I would bet not. In the SF world, there seems to be a marked drop off in interest after Fedor. But we'll see...

SF is closer to the WWE than the UFC.

I've felt this way for about 2 1/2 years now. Some of their fights are nothing but jokes. I feel sorry for some of the lesser known fighters in SF because they might actually have potential in the UFC given the opportunity, but instead they have to associate with the SF "circus."

What boggles the mind is why they would risk starting things off with Fedor, by far the most popular fighter in the tournament . It's like they never even considered the possibility he might lose in the first round and screw everything up....

They didn't. And that goes back to what I was saying. That's two guys in a row now (Werdum & Bigfoot) that SF didn't bother to hype up that both beat Fedor.

Fedor losing was the best thing that could of happened for SF. Word is the SF people are very happy about his lose.

Heard this rumor too, and it's complete BS IMO. There's no way in hell SF is happy about their biggest draw losing two times in a row, both by stoppage. The whole tournament was hyped around Fedor being in it.

And there also gald their next show is SF show, not SF/M1.

Their next couple of shows wouldn't have been co-promoted anyways, only shows with Fedor are co-promoted.

And if the Final HW Match is PPV, M1 wont get a percentage.

It won't matter because ANY combination you can think of with the remaining participants will not sell on PPV. Even a PPV with Fedor wouldn't sell well.. but I guarantee it would do better than Overeem, Werdum or Bigfoot vs Sergei, Barnett or Rogers. PPV will be the death of Strikeforce.

Yeah then they can still use him and not pay as much. I mean id like to still see him fight and just let the hype train die. If he fights and wins great, if he fights and loses again, well so be it. The dudes human. Like I always say, im there for good fights and its not the first time Ive seen the fighters I like get beat. Its combat sports. I agree, SF needs to drop M1 for real.

exactly. it was ridiclous hearing people call Fedor "The God of MMA".

Sherdog is reporting that the April 9 Strikeforce card which was supposed to feature the 2nd half of the HW tournament quarterfinals with Overeem vs. Werdum and Barnett vs. Rogers has been scraped and both HW bouts will now appear on some undetermined card in the future.

Apparently the April 9 card will now be out here in Cali and feature Diaz vs. someone (Daley, Woodley!?) for the SF WW Title and then Melendez vs. Kawajiri for the SF LW Title as co-main event.

Things ain't looking so good for Thiago Silva. One of his samples already tested positive and the second sample's results have yet to be released but it's looking like he'll be getting a suspension + a fine + a NC for his fight vs. Vera. And it looks like the UFC are bringing back Vera as well (because of all this). Wonder what T.Silva tested positive for!? Roids or Pain Killers?

Things ain't looking so good for Thiago Silva. One of his samples already tested positive and the second sample's results have yet to be released but it's looking like he'll be getting a suspension + a fine + a NC for his fight vs. Vera. And it looks like the UFC are bringing back Vera as well (because of all this). Wonder what T.Silva tested positive for!? Roids or Pain Killers?

I've always liked Silva. This sucks. He still has a few fighting years left in him. Hope he uses his head next time if he bounces back.

I remember during that fight both Goldie and Rogan commenting about Thiago's vastly improved physique and they both assumed it was due to him not being in constant pain anymore after his successful back surgery. That's why I'm thinking he might've been popped for pain killers (post surgery meds).

He still maintains his innocence (which is to be expected) but like I said, it's not looking good.

What's the hold up with the second test? I'm not sure about the logistics of them, but they need to speed that second one up.

Yeah I have no clue why it's taking so long. Granted I'm not up on the procedure but just in general compared to other tests it seems to be taking forever and a day to get the results back for that 2nd test.

Maybe they want to be thorough!?

UFC officially announced 7 fights for 130:

LW TITLE: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard III
Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill
Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
Rick Story vs. Thiago Alves
Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago
Miguel Torres vs. Brad Pickett
Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve

Stann is fighting the returning Santiago instead of Wanderlei Silva.

Anyone excited about this weekends UFC...i love fights anytime I can get them, but Im ust not really hyped for this UFC.

meh, not a fan of Penn's newest walkout shirts :(
Didnt like his shirts for Penn/Edgar 2 either...

bjpennufc127tee1.jpg

bjpennufc127tee2.jpg

Anyone excited about this weekends UFC...i love fights anytime I can get them, but Im ust not really hyped for this UFC.

i didnt even realize ther were fights this weekend until i saw youtube videos about it. but i have been busy.

Hope Penn vs Fitch isnt a hug feast. Siver vs Sotirpolous (spelled wrong obviously) should but good. Arianny Vs my wiener will be fight of the night.

Yeah im intersted in Penn and Fitch and I want to see Sotirpolous and I think Ross Pierson is on this card also...Yeah so theres a few fights I guess I care about.

Back