UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so whats next up for these 3 great fighters now? i dont even think theres anyone in the HW division left for brock to fight except that buff dude, i forget his name. GSP has pretty much cleared out his division, none of the guys he has destroyed deserves a 2nd or 3rd shot against him yet, and Hendo prolly deserves a 2nd shot at Silva, but if he doesnt win that one, i dont see him winning another title ever again

For Brock: I think they're setting up a few opponents. Shane Carwin (that buff dude :lol) vs. Cain Velasquez. Couture vs. Big Nog and Cro Cop vs. Junior Dos Santos. I think Carwin/Cain winner is next and I could see the winner of Nog/Couture fighting the winner of Cro Cop/Dos Santos for the next shot.

GSP: Nothing honestly. But he could fight the winner of Kampmann/Swick. Then there's MW for a A.Silva super fight.

Henderson: I still don't think he deserves a rematch. I would say Maia/Marquardt winner gets next shot then put Hendo in against Okami for the next shot after that. Only problem: Henderson has said if he doesn't get an immediate title shot he'd rather fight from now on ONLY at LHW. So we'll see.

kingdarkness1.png

Whooa!!!!!! That's an awesome sig. One of my all time favorite characters right there. :rock

Yeah the guy who made that sig has serious skills and is probably all around awesome. *hint-hint* :D

Just read the results and watched a gif of Henderson's KO. Looks like I missed a great show, though I think the main card was a tad predictable. Came in 120 for UFC Fantasy.

If Maia can submit or KO Marquardt he should get the shot at A. Silva imo. Any other result give it to Henderson.

I agree with those who say there is no competition for GSP at 170.

For whatever reason I'm happy that Brock won. Imo Mir got a little to overconfident with himself.

Demian Maia!? KO!? Doubt it. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

He's 10 - 0 with 8 Subs, 1 Decision and 1 TKO (Shoulder Injury). Maia purposely avoids throwing punches. He believes it's possible to win a fight without having to hurt your opponent.

Demian Maia!? KO!? Doubt it. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

He's 10 - 0 with 8 Subs, 1 Decision and 1 TKO (Shoulder Injury). Maia purposely avoids throwing punches. He believes it's possible to win a fight without having to hurt your opponent.

I know his stats. Might as well rule in a fluke high kick or knee.:lol Point is he has to finish Marquardt. I like Maia a lot, and want him to get the title shot. ...but Hendo's two most recent wins are waaaaay more impressive than anything Maia has done in the UFC imo. Maia finishing Marquardt with haste would sway my opinion considerably.

Some say Bisping is nothing, but I think he would have got the title shot had he won tonight.

Yeah.. and Bisping is super overrated but you're right. I could swear Dana White said that the winner would fight A.Silva so maybe Hendo will get his rematch. I just think he got his shot and it wasn't even close so he should at least fight people who are more deserving. Just my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but honestly I think it'll be more of the same. Possibly even the same exact outcome: Sub win for A.Silva.

Dan is plenty deserving imo. I do agree that Silva would take him again though.

I'm fairly certain I heard Dana say that the winner would get a title shot too.

I'm looking foward to the UFC's 185lb future. Hopefully Vitor will get a deal. I think Cote's return should shake things up too...if he continues to do as well as he did leading up to his title shot.

I think the 180 Dana did about Vitor has to do with the legal issue of him pursuing a guy who's still under contract. :lol On the little break from the last UFN Dana talked about Vitor and the UFC "Trying" to bring him into the UFC. Then he quickly changed that to "Well Vitor is still under contract with Affliction so we'll see". Oops. Because even after Vitor's contract is up (Next Fight) he has I think a 90 day wait period where Affliction can match any offer Vitor receives in that time. Also it's illegal to even talk to someone under contract about working for another company. Hence the quick 180 from Dana. So we'll see.

As far as Dan, the reason I don't think he's deserving is because:

1. He already lost once to A.Silva. Definitively.

2. Since that loss to A.Silva he's only had 2 MW fights: a Decision Win over Palhares and now a KO over Bisping. The Decision Win over Franklin was at LHW. Not MW.

3. He's currently 2 - 1 in the UFC MW division.

Demian Maia is 5 - 0 in the UFC MW division. All Submission Wins. And imo Maia's wins over Quarry, Sonnen and Macdonald are more relevant to the MW division than Dan's wins over Bisping and Palhares. And with a win over Marquardt.. that'll really put him over Dan Henderson in my eyes.

Nate Maquardt is 3 - 1 in the UFC MW Division since his loss to A.Silva. And since that loss, again imo, even Nate has fought and beaten more relevant fighters in the MW division than Dan (Bisping and Palhares) with TKO wins over Kampmann and Gouveia. Nate's only blemish being a split decision loss to Leites. Add on a win over Maia.. again, that'll really put him over Dan Henderson in my eyes.

Just my two pennies. :D

Oh..

watermark.php

:lol

Last edited:
“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White said. “I want Fedor. We’ll end up getting that deal done and then we’ll do Brock vs. Fedor and we’ll do a huge fight.”

Lesnar vs. Mir

This about sums it up:

Gross. But Pierre/Alves was pretty simular.

Fedor and eventually don't mix.

Devil: I agree with what you said on Henderson, but Dana only sees money and after that amazing KO, you know he's probably going to keep the hype train rolling and give Henderson a shot.

Bisping looked scared from the start of the fight!! KO was inevitable the way he backtracked from start to finish. (We need a better representative from GB)

Lesnar is a beast.

St.Pierre is superb. Id love to see him a weight up.

I guess Lesnar was in WWE heal mode last night. It's official that he is now the biggest villain in MMA history. Even though I don't like unsportsmanlike conduct I have to admit that a hated villain in this type of business is what sells. Now everyone is going to pay money just to see Brock get his ass kicked. As a humble sportsman I think it stinks....but from a business standpoint I think it's absolutely brilliant.

1. If the fans boo'd me after a huge match that I won quite decisively I would flip em off too. They were booing before the two finger salute.

2. If my opponent talked smack for months leading up to the fight and then I kicked his ass I'd throw salt in the wound too.

3. I wouldn't have however pissed off big company sponsors (bud light) that was retarded..

I think he will learn from this experience, but like what was mentioned earlier this is the type of crap the media feeds off of and might help the business some.

Hendo's knockout and the flying superman punch to the face after he was out was awesome! GSP is a friggin machine. It will be interesting to see if he decides to jump up or not. Brock showed better patience this time around and he could be on top for awhile.

Back