UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't bring up comparisons to other fighters and sports, this has nothing to do with Tyson nor anyone else.

I did not say that Silva did not get hit. I did not say that the hit didn't hurt nor that it didn't stun him. Of course it did. But did it catch him by surprise? Only because he set himself up to get hit. The other blows also bounced his head off the mat - so what? Seriously, have you guys not watched enough of Silva's other matches and all the extra video content surrounding this bout? Regardless of how good Silva is or isn't, all the evidence points squarely at him putting his face out there ON PURPOSE to get knocked down.

He probably didn't know exactly how he'd do it, but, Silva lost this match because he went into the match planning to lose. And he got his way.

Do you honestly think the guy is that cocky/stupid as to actually close his eyes and wait for a punch? Because look at the tape again, he did that when he was playing around. And if he felt he got "caught" (and it wasn't on purpose) you don't think he'd carry that cocky attitude into the post fight and admit he was being too lax, that it was a lucky blow, that he wants a rematch? So instead he showers Weidman (a total nobody who will not last as champ) with insane amounts of praise, saying he's the new champ and that he's done with that belt? Come on.

I suspect you guys don't know anything about the contract that he'd just extended with the UFC either right?

Dumb post!^

If you are gonna throw a fight you don't throw the one when odds are 2-1, you throw the 8-1 or so type fight and by this lose super fight talk is over....and that was the big money.

He's not (and never was) planning on having 10 more fights.

Had he not lost, exactly how would he have exited his contract as champion?

That's one piece of the puzzle for you.

It's amazing because some of you guys act like this is a theory that only I'm putting forward, yet it's being covered in the media, though not extensively, since Sunday AM. Dana White and the UFC are of course doing spin control to make sure this line of thought doesn't get too pervasive, with a few choice quotes as examples.

No one, Silva included, goes into a fight acting like that with the intention of winning. This was significantly different from his taunting of other opponents in the past that anyone, even ardent Silva haters, should recognize that.

Had he not lost, exactly how would he have exited his contract as champion?

He's not exiting his contract with or without the title. That's the point you're missing with your tinfoil hat conspiracy. The whole purpose of signing a contract for that many fights at Silva's age is just to guarantee that he would retire with the UFC.

You do realize that contract STILL stands even with his loss, right?

Still cant believe lost by KO. If Silva doesn't want the rematch (which I doubt) I only see Vitor as the next guy in line.
Munoz is a friend of ours, glad to see him get the win. Hopefully with a couple more wins will get him a title shot/rematch against Weidman.

Also found this interview interesting...

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437839/Self-fulfilling-prophecy-Silva-predicts-own-loss/

interesting post mate kind of enforces my own thoughts dont think it was a fix but silvas in a weird place emotionally ......god knows what was in his mind, maybe all that pressure just got to much......and he seems obsessed with jones in a boxing ring and according to dana white jones was invited to be in the audience on saturday night, and money wise that could dwarf every purse he ever got in mma.

Do yourselves a favor and go back to watch the Sonnen 1 and Sonnen 2 fights again to see how Silva can take a beating. BTW, should Weidman fight Sonnen, he's going to get crushed.

LMAO...when was the last time Sonnen knocked someone out? Silva got out wrestled by Sonnen but those weak *** punches do not constitute a beating.

As far as Weidman vs Sonnen, I'll give the edge to Weidman.

They're equal in wrestling, but Weidman has better BJJ, better standup and more power.

I'm not all about conspiracy but I know Dana was pushing hard for Silva to fight Bones. Silva did not want that fight, just like GSP didn't want the Silva fight. After this loss the Superfight talk is dead. Now if Silva wanted that Roy Jones fight, losing by ko was not the way to go about that. I don't however think Dana would want a current belt holder and the p4p best ever risking a fight against Roy Jones...in a boxing match and no way RJ does an MMA match.

LMAO...when was the last time Sonnen knocked someone out? Silva got out wrestled by Sonnen but those weak *** punches do not constitute a beating.

As far as Weidman vs Sonnen, I'll give the edge to Weidman.

They're equal in wrestling, but Weidman has better BJJ, better standup and more power.

This. If Chael had power behind his punches he would have gotten the real belt rather than the one he was wearing in interviews.

I'd like to see Anderson continue fighting, but best wishes for the man regardless of what he does.

I'm not all about conspiracy but I know Dana was pushing hard for Silva to fight Bones. Silva did not want that fight, just like GSP didn't want the Silva fight. After this loss the Superfight talk is dead. Now if Silva wanted that Roy Jones fight, losing by ko was not the way to go about that. I don't however think Dana would want a current belt holder and the p4p best ever risking a fight against Roy Jones...in a boxing match and no way RJ does an MMA match.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roy-jones-jr-talks-dana-181703569--mma.html

This. If Chael had power behind his punches he would have gotten the real belt rather than the one he was wearing in interviews.

I'd like to see Anderson continue fighting, but best wishes for the man regardless of what he does.

No way he's retiring or anything and sonnen did drop silva twice in the first fight with punches. Maybe age and wear and tear makes it easier to get KO'd. Wonder if their is a study on that. Happened to Liddell .

RJ would have to be suicidal to get into mma right now. Experience is so important, he's just too old.

Let's face it, Silva lost because he underestimated his opponent. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that he didn't even properly train for the fight ala Tyson vs. Buster Douglas because that's how confident he was that Weidman stood no chance against him. His mistake. His loss.

But with that said, to suggest that he threw the fight in any way is crazy. Unless you think Tyson threw his fight against Douglas? Or GSP threw the first fight against Serra? Or Fedor threw 3 fights in a row to Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo!?

No. The reality is, guys on top who seem unstoppable CAN and eventually DO lose sometimes. It doesn't mean their opponents are better or even more skilled. It just means on that particular night their opponents were better. Period.

There's no conspiracy. One guy beat another guy. End of story.
:lol

That sums it up brother. Thats what the fight game is all about. Like they say it only takes 1 punch to change the outcome.

Glad he's changing his tune and wanting a rematch. While I love Clowning-Silva when he wins, I'd love to see Focused-Kick-You-In-The-Face Silva this time around. And I think that's what we'll get. Everybody had their confidence shaken in Silva after the first Sonnen fight. He went out there against Vitor with something to prove (in a long time) and destroyed a dangerous opponent. Sign that fight, Dana!!!!

I'm taking Weidman over Silva in the rematch, this time I think Weidman takes him down and Silva never makes it back to the feet.

Back