UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this card just got infinitely better.

UFC on Fox 5 (December 8)

LW TITLE: Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz
Shogun vs. Gustafsson
MacDonald vs. Penn

:panic::panic::panic:

I just can't get myself to like Bendo, but its nice seeing a champ besides Jones do frequest defenses, so at least I respect that aspect in him.

Well this card just got infinitely better.

UFC on Fox 5 (December 8)

LW TITLE: Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz
Shogun vs. Gustafsson
MacDonald vs. Penn

:panic::panic::panic:

Damn that nice!

Now how many guys will make it to actually fight on the card? :lol

...and so begins a new saga...

"I could go up to 205 and I could take Jon Jones' belt the same as I could take his candy on Halloween – a little punk kid, I'd snatch it away all I want," Sonnen said. "But there's something to be said in sportsmanship for earning your shot. And on the 29th of December, I'm going to go through Forrest to do it."

:yess: :yess: :yess:

I've wanted to see Chael matched against some of the 205ers, gonna get my wish.

can't wait for Chael to go up against a guy that has NEVER been taken down in his UFC career, good luck with that Chael :lol

I just can't get myself to like Bendo, but its nice seeing a champ besides Jones do frequest defenses, so at least I respect that aspect in him.

what do you mean frequent defenses? Edgar is one tough SOB, he's one of those guys that are just so damn hard to finish. Just look at the Maynard fights, I don't fault Bendo for not being able to finish him in either fight.

I wonder if Forrest will run out of the ring crying again if he loses or thinks he's going to lose. I used to like him but the act has gotten old....

I am looking forward the the UFC of FOX fight. That is a nice looking card!

what do you mean frequent defenses? Edgar is one tough SOB, he's one of those guys that are just so damn hard to finish. Just look at the Maynard fights, I don't fault Bendo for not being able to finish him in either fight.

He means frequent title defenses....the frequency of his fights as a champ defending his belt. Unlike some champs who only defend their belt once per year as an example.

He means frequent title defenses....the frequency of his fights as a champ defending his belt. Unlike some champs who only defend their belt once per year as an example.

oh ok. Well Jones, Silva, GSP and Cruz have all defended the belt for quite awhile. It's prolly better for the UFC to not have so many guys keep the belts for a long time. The only guy I see losing it anytime soon is Cruz.

Still only fights like once a year now, and is campaigning for for a super fight against the much smaller gsp all the while avoiding JBJ the best he can.

It's a mutual thing.

Jon Jones said:
“It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's – we both have a lot to lose. And we both respect each other a lot and we are both striving for personal greatness,” explained Jones on ESPN Radio. “I don't want to crap on his greatness; I don't want him crapping on my greatness.”

“If we were in the same weight class, it would be inevitable but it's like 'Dude, I'm dominating my weight class, you're dominating your weight class.' Some things were just not meant to be seen,”

:dunno

I think JBJ is being respectful, he once said he'd never fight Evans and that happened. Silva and his people don't ever wanna see him in the cage with JBJ.

I think JBJ is being respectful, he once said he'd never fight Evans and that happened. Silva and his people don't ever wanna see him in the cage with JBJ.

You sound kind of biased.

Looking forward to that Fox 5 card. Penn will probably be retired for good this time. Also see Shogun taking out Gus.

Still only fights like once a year now, and is campaigning for for a super fight against the much smaller gsp all the while avoiding JBJ the best he can.

GSP will have to come back to Condit, theres alot of what ifs making that look as though it may never happen, and if for some reason they try booking Silva as his first fight back its just going to end up being a ridiculous affair.

Silva/GSP ain't gonna happen either. Only chance for a super fight is if Dana finally lets Jones fight at HW. Aldo could do 155, but doesn't look like he's all that interested right now.

I think JBJ is being respectful, he once said he'd never fight Evans and that happened.

It happened because:

1. Evans left Jackson's MMA and..

2. They're in the same weight class.

Silva and Jones are in two different weight classes. Which is the point JBJ was trying to make. It serves no purpose and doesn't benefit either. Silva has some decent opponents left at MW for the last few fights he has left in his career and JBJ has a few as well.

Let's face it: You admittedly don't like AS so basically anything he does will piss you off. :lol

It happened because:

Silva and Jones are in two different weight classes. Which is the point JBJ was trying to make. It serves no purpose and doesn't benefit either. Silva has some decent opponents left at MW for the last few fights he has left in his career and JBJ has a few as well.

Let's face it: You admittedly don't like AS so basically anything he does will piss you off. :lol

Also, I'm no big fan of Jones, but to be fair to the dude, pretty much all I ever remember him talking about was the opportunity to fight heavier guys. Even after he first got the belt he was already talking about fights at HW and his destiny there.

That's because he's essentially a HW. He said before the Evans fight that he walks around at 230 lbs. Plus he's 6'4". I don't think most people understand how big Jones actually is.

To put it into perspective, JBJ is the same exact height AND weight as Cheick Kongo. :lol

It happened because:

I don't mind silva but it pisses me off a guy that big and talented only wants the super fight agianst the smaller guy, man up and give everyone the super fight they want. It won't happen cause I think Silva believes in his heart he could never beat a wrestler as great all around as Jones. That said I think jones should man up and move to HW and fight the Champ however it may beat the time.

Silva has had a lot of greatness in the octagon, he's also had some wtf moments(only champ ever to be warned for running). Jones has just been straight dominate, it's the super fight I wanna see and really the only one that makes sense right now. Gsp has a loaded division now, JDS has a couple guys to deal with. Jones and Silva have pretty much cleared out LHW and MW.

I think when you reach that level, you only have to fight once or twice at the most a year. Look at most top boxers. Thats how the game works.

Back